Palhares Punishment To Be Announced Tuesday

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
[Tweet]628023878304968704[/MEDIA]

What do you guys think? Sounds like they are gonna drop the hammer down.

Probably stripped of his title. And Suspension.

It's looking bad. I still saw this win.

BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.gif

Rousimar Palhares MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

And what happens to Mazzagatti?

Nice sweep and sub, but Harris really is a piece of shit in the cage. I wonder what his excuse will be this time?

uh oh for palhares for sure...has anyone ever done a mental evaluation on him? people keep bringing up that he might have mental issues but i want to know for sure

uh oh for palhares for sure...has anyone ever done a mental evaluation on him? people keep bringing up that he might have mental issues but i want to know for sure

I wonder. He really needs one.
I highly doubt he gets cut. Too valuable to their org

I don't understand what he is on trial for. Yeah he raked the eye once or twice, but the ref warned him, but decided not to take a point away, and it had no bearing on the ending of the fight. As far as the submission, give me a break. Palhares released when the ref jumped in. If anything, Shields should be suspended for the sucker punch after the fight.

I don't understand what he is on trial for. Yeah he raked the eye once or twice, but the ref warned him, but decided not to take a point away, and it had no bearing on the ending of the fight. As far as the submission, give me a break. Palhares released when the ref jumped in. If anything, Shields should be suspended for the sucker punch after the fight.

Make like 7 or 8 times.

Punishment for what? He let go of the submission as soon as he could.

If anything Shields should be punished for sucker punching him.

1. Are you certain? Shields seemed to be winning the fight until his eyes were swollen shut.

2. No. Palhares did not release the sub when the intervened. He released it at least a full second later, which is unacceptable.

3. His defenders keep saying he has done nothing wrong, but he was already released by the UFC and now is likely to be stripped and suspended by WSOF. Is it a conspiracy to oppress him or are his fans in denial?

It's ridiculous to suggest he held the submission criminally too long. The ref tapped Palhares, and Palhares probably thought at first that it was Jake tapping his back. He let go in 1 second once the ref jumped in. It is also stupid to punish him for eye raking or gouging, that is the refs job. WSOF is done without Palhares. That is their best division and Palhares is their best fighter. No point in watching without him.

Any wrongdoing Palhares did was neutralized by Shields' cheap shot after the finish.

He let the sub longer than he had to but only 1 second over being touched by Maz. Maz should be punished for being a shitty ref. Palhares and Shields both fined. Move on.

How is there no eye gouging gifs?

How is there no eye gouging gifs?

probably because the angles are bad, heres what i can find:

kuny1gS.gif

shields give an audible yell

GSNUReu.gif

Shields tells Mazz, its the second time, so I guess this was the second one after the one where he yelled

Last edited:
1. Are you certain? Shields seemed to be winning the fight until his eyes were swollen shut.

2. No. Palhares did not release the sub when the intervened. He released it at least a full second later, which is unacceptable.

3. His defenders keep saying he has done nothing wrong, but he was already released by the UFC and now is likely to be stripped and suspended by WSOF. Is it a conspiracy to oppress him or are his fans in denial?

1. Perhaps all of the elbows and hammerfists Palhares was landing from the bottom had an effect with all of the bruising and cuts on Shields face. I'm not saying he didn't gauge the eyes at all, but it wasn't the reason Shields got subbed. The ref should of deducted points at the time, but Palhares shouldn't get punished for it now.

2. The sub release looked fine imo. I wouldn't call a second too long. The ref was late to see the tap, but Palhares released it in a reasonable time.

3. Palhares has done some shitty stuff at the end of fights. I thought he held on too long in the Drwal fight and in a fight before the UFC I seen him choke someone out after the tap. But I didn't see any problem with this stoppage or the one that got him released from the UFC. Unfortunately he ruined his career by his prior incidents, because everything he does becomes magnified. He has himself to blame, because he still does dirty things like fence grabbing and eye pokes. But I feel like his submissions get blown overboard. Besides, the WSOF knew what they were getting when they signed him. They made there bed.

Back