Palhares Punishment To Be Announced Tuesday

He should be given a lifetime ban with no possibility of reinstatement.

Nothing else makes sense. He's proven time and again that he just can't control himself and doesn't listen to referees' instructions

He should be banned.

Or forced to fight Belcher again.

belcherpalhares.gif

For the people defending Palhares--you are delusional. It's not a conspiracy against him; look at the track record; he keeps cheating.

That's exactly what Palhares did. If he had wanted to tear Jake's shoulder, he had plenty of time and all the leverage he could ask for to rip that thing off and take it home with him.

I'm more convinced than ever that the eye gouge bullshit was just a little accidental contact from pushing away Jake's head while Jake was moving it around, too.

People moaning about the eyes being swollen are lolworthy. They swole from the shots Jake was taking; getting poked in the eyeball wouldn't cause the tissue around the eyes to swell. :rolleyes:

There's a big difference between slightly keeping the pressure on a hold being. Tapped to by adjusting the angle by a centre meter or so versus full on cranking it until the ref pulls you off.

There's a reason why people didn't like what palhares did and why it's under review and why he's going to be punished yet again. And none of it is personal or coincidence.

There's a big difference between slightly keeping the pressure on a hold being. Tapped to by adjusting the angle by a centre meter or so versus full on cranking it until the ref pulls you off.

There's a reason why people didn't like what palhares did and why it's under review and why he's going to be punished yet again. And none of it is personal or
coincidence.

No, it was a CLEAN win. Any eye contact was incidental.

He should NOT be punished and anybody who disagrees is a caca eater.

is mazagatti a drummer? because he was doing a drum solo on paul harris lol

Rewatching the fight strictly for eye pokes I just don't see it either. Of course there will be an open palm used to push the head away. The only time I thought I saw finger to eye contact Palhares was pushing Shields's head away and Shields was turning his head almost back and forth and the fingers seemed to make contact. I didn't see one point in which a finger entered the eye and it looked intentional.

For those who are posting the pictures of Jake after the fight, rewatch the fight again. His left eye was half closed when he got off the stool at the end of the first round, before he made a single complaint about eye pokes. He took a ton of shots to the face from the bottom, a ton of short elbows, and it was a grinding grappling fight. Those pictures aren't close to proof positive of eye pokes considering the amount of strikes he took to the face in this one.

I think there was some incidental contact (which Jake would obviously still be pissed about) and he held on to it. It got into his head, and then there was a completely incompetent job of stopping the fight by Mazagatti in the end. The eye pokes and horrible stoppage were an excuse that Jake is going to ride out in defense of his punch which to me is the worst thing that happened in this whole fight.

For the record, I am a Shields fan, and really enjoy Palhares leglock game but am not a huge fan of his. I just think so many people on both sides of this debate are not looking at this objectively, and while I will certainly admit Palhares has screwed up in the past I don't think he's in the wrong in this fight.

someone who actually watched the fight, there's still hope

So was the punishment announced? Or is it still Monday over there?

I don't see anything with the sub holding he honestly holds it for 1 second when mazz starts grabbing him.

Yea a lot of fighters would of let go when shields tapped but palharas isn't one of them.

Eye gouging was fucking terrible but and mazz just straight up sucks.

So was the punishment announced? Or is it still Monday over there?

I would put my money that information will be in a live interview of Ariel Helwani's MMA HOUR. It is speculation on my behalf. MMA HOUR is today usually at 1 pm E.T.

FREE PALHARES

Back