Painting/Drawing Tutorials

The Art of Cinematography
tumblr_oieqlc8RIb1qetb0ho1_1280.jpg

af87bc5a43cd0ac9402a9c30ccf7fd9ab5cca99f.jpg

942abf62910da2890b29586145e29e343c336d0b.jpg

Here's another one, but requires (free) registration.

Artists can take inspiration from cinema, and here are two great resources where you can mimic palettes and compositions, get some really good ideas to build up your imagery.

I'm quite the artist myself with MS Paint
upload_2020-10-21_15-23-50.png

I try to do at the very least one page a day of studies, but the last two months I've been slacking a bit. Some stuff from this month.

12-Oktober-2020-B.jpg

19-Oktober-2020.jpg

Is there an increased supply of hot fully nude figure art models in these shit economy days?

I've been learning to draw and paint digitally for the last year and I basically live on the Proko channel on Youtube, amazing resource for tutorials.

I started learning to paint first :confused: because I thought it would help me with PS manipulations but then moved on to learning the fundamentals. I'm really enjoying it and learning about perspective, form, anatomy, colour theory e.t.c. and it has been eye-opening. It's definitely something I'm going to keep at, even though I go through phases where I draw and paint a lot but then take time off to learn other stuff. I always come back to it though and I'm enjoying it more and more. I've been drawing/painting every day for a while now and hopefully I can keep that going.

I really enjoy doing portrait stuff but with exaggerated features so basically caricature. I love Jason Seilers style of drawing and painting:

Hopefully one day I can get close to that level. This is the latest thing I finished:

3aXzevQ.png

I've been learning to draw and paint digitally for the last year and I basically live on the Proko channel on Youtube, amazing resource for tutorials.

I started learning to paint first :confused: because I thought it would help me with PS manipulations but then moved on to learning the fundamentals. I'm really enjoying it and learning about perspective, form, anatomy, colour theory e.t.c. and it has been eye-opening. It's definitely something I'm going to keep at, even though I go through phases where I draw and paint a lot but then take time off to learn other stuff. I always come back to it though and I'm enjoying it more and more. I've been drawing/painting every day for a while now and hopefully I can keep that going.

I really enjoy doing portrait stuff but with exaggerated features so basically caricature. I love Jason Seilers style of drawing and painting:

Hopefully one day I can get close to that level. This is the latest thing I finished:

3aXzevQ.png

Good job. I like how you convey the vagueness of his height.

I'm looking to get back into drawing and painting. It's been several years since I've focused seriously on either one of them and I've never really had any "formal" training, save for a couple of high school classes. But I did a drawing last year and it reminded me how much I love doing it.

I think I'm decent but I'd really like to refine my techniques. I have a lot of work to do in both mediums but much more so in painting. I love painting with oils but I don't have a good foundation of control with a brush or the paint or colors.

I was wondering if there are any artists out there or people who just do it as a hobby that have any recommendations as far as some good foundational YT videos, books, anything really, go. I've looked around and can't really find anything that seems very helpful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: A few drawings I've done. First is the one I did last year. The others are close to 10 years old.

d94z6nj.jpg

avuQRUj.jpg

vK6BR7H.jpg

Vko67g6.jpg

Those are pretty awesome sir.

Back