Pain Tolerance?

Pain is a experience unique to the individual. I've had patients act like they have been shot while getting injected with one unit of insulin and have had litle 90 year old ladies with open hip fractures be quiet as church mouses on nothing but 13000mg of tylenol. It really depends on the person.

Yea liver kick stoppage is defined as a KO.

Lesnar got dropped i think Mark Hunt was stopped in K-1 from a liver kick,
Your two most well known ones are gonna be Cro Cop vs Herring and Bas knocking down Shamrock with that palm to the liver.

Yea i forgot about Bas and Shamrock. Bas loves the liver shots. You ever see the Mark Kerr video with Bas?

LOL yeah the deleted scene form the smashing machine when he wants Bas to fuck up Ricco for being unreliable. Classic

Yeah he had a broken nose, once he made it to the stool he knew he wasnt getting off it. Even if the doc said he could continue dude was looking for a way out.

I believe there’s a difference between being tough/willpower/ high pain tolerance and being hit places where your body shuts down. No matter his tough you are, a all placed liver kick will make your body shutdown, or a well placed strike to the temple will mess with your equilibrium. Those things don’t got anything to do with pain though.

Yeah he had a broken nose, once he made it to the stool he knew he wasnt getting off it. Even if the doc said he could continue dude was looking for a way out.
Are you kidding me? If he was looking for a way out he would not have gotten up from the kick or the punch that put him down after. Braddah would have fought on.

Last night, Michael Venom Page crushed the nose of Derek Anderson with a kick.
Anderson staggered for a second, then charged in to keep the fight going.
View attachment 853122
I'm always amazed at the damage that some fighters receive without showing an ounce of pain.
Yeah liver kicks have that slight delayed effect.
It's incredible and kind of funny when a fighter can take elbows to the face no problem but an eye poke drops them.
Groin strikes obviously.
Leg breaks duh.
And I understand the effects of adrenaline and everything, but I wonder:

Do professional fighters have to learn/train pain tolerance or is it just that a person with a naturally strong tolerance for pain is more likely to be a successful fighter and make it to Bellator/UFC/etc.?

I would love to hear from people who have actually competed but anyone can chime in of course.

It's actually a good topic TS. These dudes have an insane pain tolerance. What really amazes me is the damage they take to the bones on their face and keep on fighting. Most people here don't train but getting hit on the orbital or cheek bone or ear can hurt as all fuck. But these guys just keep on fighting.

It's crazy yes and IDK how they do it.

Reactions: HHJ
my best friend crawled off a building as a baby and landed face first. Survived by a miracle but lost an eye and has permanent nerve damage.

He feels absolutely no pain or bodily discomfort. It sounded amazing originally but then I saw that he has to keep a timer to tell him to eat. He’s like 5 10 and 125lbs. Never feels hunger.

so weird. Sorry for random vent

That's actually an awesome post. God bless your friend.

Are you kidding me? If he was looking for a way out he would not have gotten up from the kick or the punch that put him down after. Braddah would have fought on.

Listen to the corner commentary again lmao. He didnt want that smoke he quit and it showed. Sure he showed some grit by getting his ass kicked a couple minutes after but he had nothing for MVP. Mackenzie Dern showed more heart fighting 2 more rounds with a broken nose and getting a w.

Listen to the corner commentary again lmao. He didnt want that smoke he quit and it showed. Sure he showed some grit by getting his ass kicked a couple minutes after but he had nothing for MVP. Mackenzie Dern showed more heart fighting 2 more rounds with a broken nose and getting a w.
I watched the fight live on Showtime. I heard the commentary. He wanted to fight he was telling the doctor he was fine. Was he outclassed by paige yea. But he was not quiting or trying to quit. Your delusional

Whats your Pain Tolerance? Im sure when you have bowl movement you rank it the sad face on the pain scale. :(

I watched the fight live on Showtime. I heard the commentary. He wanted to fight he was telling the doctor he was fine. Was he outclassed by paige yea. But he was not quiting or trying to quit. Your delusional

Nah I watched it live and youre delusional. His corner told him they're stopping it and he replied "oh they are??" He didnt argue at all to not stop it. He wasnt coming off that stool. He was done.

Whats your Pain Tolerance? Im sure when you have bowl movement you rank it the sad face on the pain scale. :(

LOL. I played d1 college football and basketball. I had my nose shattered to the side from an elbow in a game during the second quarter and finished the game with a cut in half tampon stuck inside of it. Ive played with broken fingers and bones its normal. I also whooped on Phil Baronis ass when I kicked him out of my bar years back when he was cursing out a female patron. But keep thinking youre a tough guy on here. lmfao.

Fighters develop pain tolerance with years of training. As for eye pokes and groin shots, they are not expected, i.e. not allowed. Thats why the reaction is different to any moves that break the rules.

I agree. Saw nothing that made me think he didn't want to continue. I'm glad he wasn't allowed to take further damage though. I'm sure he wasn't, but still. I couldn't see the complexion of that fight changing.

Last night, Michael Venom Page crushed the nose of Derek Anderson with a kick.
Anderson staggered for a second, then charged in to keep the fight going.
View attachment 853122
I'm always amazed at the damage that some fighters receive without showing an ounce of pain.
Yeah liver kicks have that slight delayed effect.
It's incredible and kind of funny when a fighter can take elbows to the face no problem but an eye poke drops them.
Groin strikes obviously.
Leg breaks duh.
And I understand the effects of adrenaline and everything, but I wonder:

Do professional fighters have to learn/train pain tolerance or is it just that a person with a naturally strong tolerance for pain is more likely to be a successful fighter and make it to Bellator/UFC/etc.?

I would love to hear from people who have actually competed but anyone can chime in of course.
Yeah. That was ugly. Total mismatch, but I respect Anderson's toughness.

I agree. Saw nothing that made me think he didn't want to continue. I'm glad he wasn't allowed to take further damage though. I'm sure he wasn't, but still. I couldn't see the complexion of that fight changing.
Yea not saying he should have kept fighting just that braddah is saying he was looking for an easy way out is just bogus. That being said would like to see the Lima Page rematch

Reactions: HHJ
I’m not and never have been a fighter, but I worked for a sheet metal shop years ago. We had a plasma table to quickly cut out parts. When I started, the pieces felt hot even with leather gloves on, after several months, I could handle them bare handed with no discomfort. You grow accustomed to things.

Back