Pain Tolerance?

You can develop pain tolerance.

New unfamiliar sensations scare you and you panic, but the same thing will be tolerable

LOL. I played d1 college football and basketball. I had my nose shattered to the side from an elbow in a game during the second quarter and finished the game with a cut in half tampon stuck inside of it. Ive played with broken fingers and bones its normal. I also whooped on Phil Baronis ass when I kicked him out of my bar years back when he was cursing out a female patron. But keep thinking youre a tough guy on here. lmfao.
What does you beating up im sure a very drunk Baroni have to do with me thinking im a tough guy. You are sitting here saying braddah was looking for an easy way out. If that was the case he would have never taken that fight. He would have stay down from the first knock down or the second one. You seem like one of these guys that watches a MMA event on TV and tell everyone in your bar that you "Could kick that guys A$$". Having injuries during a basketball or football game is a little different than having an injury during a match when the only goal of your opponent is to continuing to do further injury. There really is not the luxury of a time out or going to the side line after a 5-10 second play to get taped up or rubbed down. Or going to the lockerroom for a 10-20 minute break to come back at half time. Im not taking away from the brutality of any contact sport or saying you dont have to have a level of toughness to play those. There has been one recent fight iv seen were i saw a guy flat out quit. When I felt like he could have tryied to tough it out abit more. Last night was not an example of that. Also if the Dr is calling the fight. There has never been an argument made by a fighter that has changed that decision. He told the Dr he was good. He was then informed the dr is calling the fight. Braddah had enough sense to know there is no changing that decision so there is no sense in arguing. You should know if your claim of playing any type of organized sports is true. Your coaches and trainers always tell you to respect the officials and tehir decisions. You dont have to agree with them but arguing with them is a no no.

Reactions: HHJ
I’m not and never have been a fighter, but I worked for a sheet metal shop years ago. We had a plasma table to quickly cut out parts. When I started, the pieces felt hot even with leather gloves on, after several months, I could handle them bare handed with no discomfort. You grow accustomed to things.
You still work SM? I have done that work for years.

pelekneenewton.gif

Nope, not for over twenty-five years. My brother’s been doing it for over thirty, though.
Its good work. Great money if you can deal with the hour and potential for injury. It has given me opportunity to support my family and still allowed me to compete in martial arts. So always greatful to the uncle who taught me the ropes and gave a 22 yo knucklehead and opportunity to learn a trade.

Yea not saying he should have kept fighting just that braddah is saying he was looking for an easy way out is just bogus. That being said would like to see the Lima Page rematch
Bogus for sure, especially just basing it on not arguing with his corner's decision.

I'm also looking forward to the rematch. I dont see any other fight that makes sense for Page right now. I'm sure he wants to stay active since he only fought once last year, but I'd like to see him wait for Lima.

If Lima doesn't take much damage next month, the rematch could easily be set for this year. I dont even care if it's for the title, I just want to see the fight.

If Lima does lose though, I wonder if Page would opt for the title shot instead.

Mvp the biggest can crusher in the history of the sport.

Its good work. Great money if you can deal with the hour and potential for injury. It has given me opportunity to support my family and still allowed me to compete in martial arts. So always greatful to the uncle who taught me the ropes and gave a 22 yo knucklehead and opportunity to learn a trade.
I don’t miss working outside. It’s great when the weather’s nice, but in my first couple months doing sheet metal, I was working on the roof of a building in -10 degree weather. Besides, I got electronics training from Uncle Sam, I figured I might as well use it.

Great replies everyone. Thanks, especially to those of you who shared personal experiences.

I don’t miss working outside. It’s great when the weather’s nice, but in my first couple months doing sheet metal, I was working on the roof of a building in -10 degree weather. Besides, I got electronics training from Uncle Sam, I figured I might as well use it.
Yea braddah we don get -10 here in Hawaii so its irie. The only time we have to worry is when monsoon season and maybe getting blown off a 40 story building. You aint seen nothing till you seen a real flying Hawaiian

my best friend crawled off a building as a baby and landed face first. Survived by a miracle but lost an eye and has permanent nerve damage.

He feels absolutely no pain or bodily discomfort. It sounded amazing originally but then I saw that he has to keep a timer to tell him to eat. He’s like 5 10 and 125lbs. Never feels hunger.

so weird. Sorry for random vent
Sorry for your friend but in no way does that sound amazing . Feeling nothing physically ever sounds like an absolute nightmare right of the bat lol . Sick he survived though

I think you’re born with it. Some ppl are just pussies. See Billy Joe Saunders last night.

Back