Paige VanZant vs Beck Rawlings - who you got?

Paige. I think she hates attention whores like Felice and Bec so that makes her want to punch them in the face.

Rose is professional and relatively low key so Paige did not go into her brawl mode.

rose seemed much stronger than PVZ despite not looking strong. but maybe small boys are stronger than grown athletic women. or maybe just way better technique for leverage

Bec has good coaches and good training partners at Alliance MMA. And considering the expense and effort it takes for her to get there, away from Australia, I think she's likely to be taking what her trainers instruct her to do very seriously.

Paige, on the other hand, seems to let fight plan and trainers' instructions fly out of her head when the fight starts. Maybe after her recent loss she will change that, but until I see that I think I'm going to pick Bec winning via following her coaches' fight plan better.

Great rivalry right there. Looks like that guy to Paige's left has some sorta dermatitis; she should keep her distance.

I've got PVZ winning a clear decision. The first will be competitive, and it'll get easier from there. I could be wrong; after all, I've never actually seen her fight. I've stared at her ass and listened to the commentary though, so I can somewhat accurately assess her as a fighter.

I agree that Bec and Herrig are comparable, but I honestly think Herrigs physical and mental condition was horrible that night in her fight against Paige.

Being in bad mental or physical shape can lead to amazingly bad performances. JoJo Calderwood being a prime example. Both JoJo and Felice looked like killers in their last fights, since they got their heads straight.

That's a good point. Those are the kind of intangibles that are very difficult to judge, but by all indications that could have definitely been the case.

That said, I think we are also seeing a case of PVZ being extremely underrated due to her last performance, when in reality Rose would do that to a ton of people in this division. While PVZ's skills are somewhat rudimentary, she has a surprising level of physicality and works decently as a pressure fighter, something that could give a lower volume fighter like Rawlings some trouble.

I think it should be an interesting fight.

Bec has good coaches and good training partners at Alliance MMA. And considering the expense and effort it takes for her to get there, away from Australia, I think she's likely to be taking what her trainers instruct her to do very seriously.

Paige, on the other hand, seems to let fight plan and trainers' instructions fly out of her head when the fight starts. Maybe after her recent loss she will change that, but until I see that I think I'm going to pick Bec winning via following her coaches' fight plan better.

I agree .. I only see Paige winning if Bec gasses. While Bec is no world class striker, her stand up is way way better than Paige's, and I think she is physically stronger than Paige. But if Bec's cardio is not up to snuff, then Paige will take over once Bec tires out.

And as you said, Bec also fights out of a much better camp. Paige doesn't even train MMA unless she has a fight scheduled, which is just crazy to me considering how underdeveloped her game is ...

Yeah .. She does Cross fit when she is not in camp, and then focuses on MMA specific training in camp. <31>

Holy hell no wonder.

Probably swallows the crossfit kool-aid about it being the best way to prepare for everything. Unfortunately, no amount of CV conditioning can replace skill.

Back