Paige VanZant vs Beck Rawlings - who you got?

skobydog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I can't pick these women fighters at all. Rose was supposed to be this new and improved fighter that was going to be fighting for the belt and she loses against Karolina Kowalkiewicz who IMO didn't look all that great either.

I'll take Beck because of her tattoos and PVZ was handled easily by Rose (also spending time on DWS doesn't help with MMA training). I wouldn't put money on it though. Any thoughts?

I don' think either is very good. Bec is more skilled, but PVZ seems stronger and more athletic. I'm guessing VanZant wins by tiring Bec out and rolling aorund with her on the mat for several rounds.

I thought Hamderlei beat Bec.

They're both cans. Not trying to hate, just stating the obvious.

This really is a pick'em fight. I don't know.

Btw, anybody with a brain knew that KK was going to beat Rose lol. (I tried warning everybody)

PVZ needs to be taught more than a head and arm throw. She tried that for nearly 5 full rounds against Rose and repeatedly failed, gave up dominant positions, and gave an easy road to sub attempts for her opponent.

Her cardio is good, she has a decent top game, and can push a good pace but w/o getting it to the ground she doesn't have much in the way of threatening offese outside of her dirty boxing. She's giving up size to Bec as well so it's even more important she actually bring a varied wrestling game to this fight.

Btw, anybody with a brain knew that KK was going to beat Rose lol. (I tried warning everybody)
Which is why it was a split decision.

Whatever.

As for this fight, Bec will box Paige up unless she is stupid enough not to know how to defend a head and arm throw, which is Paige's main weapon.

This is the only situation in which I hope PVZ wins.

Ive got 12 guage by dec. Im from nocal so i gotta go with my girl pvz

Which is why it was a split decision.

Whatever.

As for this fight, Bec will box Paige up unless she is stupid enough not to know how to defend a head and arm throw, which is Paige's main weapon.
But it shouldn't have been, everybody knows that it was CLEARLY 29-28. Rose won the 1st and Karolina dominated the 2nd and 3rd end of story.

But it shouldn't have been, everybody knows that it was CLEARLY 29-28. Rose won the 1st and Karolina dominated the 2nd and 3rd end of story.
well it certainly didn't look like that would always be the result. fight was closely contended and KK's striking outside of her clinch wasn't any good against rose...

KK beating Rose wasn't that inconceivable. She looked like an absolute killer against Heather Jo Clark. And I realize that it is just Heather, I remember distinctly thinking about how damn scary she looked in that fight. And she showed some really good hand speed and takedown defense in her fight against Randa Markos. Despite her being a bit of an unknown to casual fans, it was pretty obvious to a lot of people that she was a super legit contender.

As far as PVZ vs Bec, based on PVZ's win over Herrig who is pretty comparable, if not better than Bec Rawlings in terms of level, I think she likely has the advantage here. People like to hate on her, but she pretty much ragdolled Felice Herrig in that fight, and has looked fairly good against that level of competition before running into the brick wall that is Rose Namajunas. Rose is just on another level than PVZ or Bec at this point in their careers.

Back