Paddy is somehow worse than I thought he was (and isn’t getting any better)

Nope.... he really showed his maturity in the Tony fight with a dominating but controlled performance.

The schtick is fuck, but he's a solid wee fighter.

In round 3, he looked like he was about to quit.

He wasnt worse than I thought. He was exactly the same as what I thought.

Hes just not really that good.

He gassed because one of his nostrils was basically shut for 2/3rds of the fight.

Nope.... he really showed his maturity in the Tony fight with a dominating but controlled performance.

I mean Tony didnt really have much to give. He def tried.but he had little left. Everytime he got hit he reacted horribly. He has no chin left. Paddy should have closed the show,instead he gassed fighting this broken down old man.

Yeah, Paddy won the fight but lost stock value. Bobby Green finished Tony, and Bobby has never beaten anybody. Love the guy though.

I think he looked fine. Not everyone is championshit material. He can maybe reach Top 15 in the UFC which is a great achievement.

Only way I can see him as a disappoinment is if you actually believe all the bullshit hype.

The fight didnt change my opinion of him. He is what he is.

I dont dislike the guy at all, I think hes actually great for the sports profile in the UK, but he has a very clear ceiling and its not very high.

His ceiling has always been mid tier. He just happens to be very popular so it makes the powers that be handle him with kid gloves.

Reactions: HHJ
paddy did better than i expected. obviously tony falling off was a huge part of that, but prior to this fight all tony’s losses came against very respectable opponents. most of those opponents were, and still are, championship level. so there was some reason to think that maybe tony’s level of competition was too high, and paddy was enough of a step down to allow him to get back in gear. well, it turns out paddy not enough of a step down for tony. i don’t expect big things from paddy, but hey, he pulled out a win against a guy who used to be pretty good.

I mean he dominated Tony.

We won't know what he's got until he's put through a real fire.

There's a slight chance real adversity wakes him up.

He just isn't that great so really him struggling with any fighter isn't shocking.

He's the same dude who got a BS decision against Gordon.

Not sure if you can say it's a controlled and dominating performance when he was close to getting finished in the 3th.

Don't know how you can get that from this fight. He actually messed up his opponent on the feet more than he has anyone ever before and Tony is (or at least was) respected as a pretty good striker...

Other than that..he did the usual Paddy things...with even less resistance than usual.

Not saying he isn't overrated but he actually looked better in this fight than he has in other fights lol.

To be clear, I didn’t rate Paddy that high to begin with. As in, I didn’t think he was UFC LW Top 15 material.

But to struggle with this version of Tony Ferguson was a horrible look. Even though I don’t think Paddy was very good, I figured he’d still finish Tony, as everyone else has managed to in recent years.

Paddy won every round because Tony basically gave him top position. Paddy didn’t have any urgency or cardio to finish Tony.
Paddy got outstruck on the feet by current Tony, and looked very shaky and lost in striking exchanges. That’s a horrible look. Tony should’ve retired several fights ago.

Tony is by far the most washed fighter on the roster and Paddy had to lay and pray his way to a victory.

This shows Paddy is not only very bad and barely UFC level, but also isn’t evolving or getting any better while in the UFC. No improvement in several fights.
This was prime Tony with David Goggins effect
Paddy for the champ in 2025

exposed soon? he was already exposed by Jared whatever his name is. the whole reason they made the Ferguson fight was to try and salvage whatever there is left of Tony Ferguson's status as an elite fighter and give it to Paddy.
I get it but I have trouble using the word "exposed" when a guy wins.

Paddy simply showed he’s not top competition tonight. Could barely scrape past the corpse of CTE incarnate. Might see a 9-10 ranking with some luck but won’t ever come close to the top.

Paddy simply showed he’s not top competition tonight. Could barely scrape past the corpse of CTE incarnate. Might see a 9-10 ranking with some luck but won’t ever come close to the top.
No way he ever gets a 9-10 rank, man. You need to beat a really good fighter to get there in such a deep division as LW and I dont think Paddy is even close to that level. He lost to Jared Gordon.

Not everyone can be champion but he gets attention and will sell tickets to UK events. Sometimes that's enough

Back