Paddy is somehow worse than I thought he was (and isn’t getting any better)

I've never seen a career decline as sharp as Tony's. It's honestly shocking. It's one thing for your reflexes to go and for your defense to suffer as a result. But your power is supposed to be the last thing to go, and Tony looks like he couldn't knock out a paper machete mannequin.

He's the MMA version of Ricky Hatton (aka Ricky Fatton) except not as good. Ballooning in weight between fights and having to do a massive weight cut before a fight is terrible for cardio, chin, and longevity. That said, Pimblett also just seems not that good...so maybe he should do what he's been doing, capitalize on the push the UFC has given him based on his mouth, and hopefully invest his winning wisely.

No way he ever gets a 9-10 rank, man. You need to beat a really good fighter to get there in such a deep division as LW and I dont think Paddy is even close to that level. He lost to Jared Gordon.
I implied luck would be a factor of getting there!

Youre likely correct though, i doubt he even sniffs that.

Paddy just beat prime tony. Tony said so himself. He's only just entered it. Rda may be next. Paddy truly is the legend killer. Rda is prime as it comes

I mean Tony didnt really have much to give. He def tried.but he had little left. Everytime he got hit he reacted horribly. He has no chin left. Paddy should have closed the show,instead he gassed fighting this broken down old man.
Y'know you aren't wrong... but I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Tony, and for Paddy it was a huge win, and I saw improvement from him, so to slag Paddy's performance doesn't make sense to me.

There was a point in the fight with Tony where he threw this punch, it was like a straight arm hook you see in a street fight video, a part of me cringed, I think my face may have scrunched up a bit in second hand embarrassment. The guy is useless. He needs to seriously improve his striking if he wants any chance to survive in the UFC

Given his last fight and his latest fight against tony, it's impossible to place Paddy anywhere. I didn't need to see Ferguson fight Paddy to know how far Tony has fallen as a fighter.

Something tells me Paddy nor the UFC is going to push him to fight anyone higher in the division without testing the waters slowly

Paddy looked like Feyd Harkonnen fighting an emaciated Atredis gladiator. He won, sure, but the deck was clearly stacked in his favor.

Reactions: HHJ
Y'know you aren't wrong... but I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Tony, and for Paddy it was a huge win, and I saw improvement from him, so to slag Paddy's performance doesn't make sense to me.
I thought Paddy should have closed the show,but instead he gassed fighting ah old guy that was gift wrapped for him. What dont make sense about that?

There was a point in the fight with Tony where he threw this punch, it was like a straight arm hook you see in a street fight video, a part of me cringed, I think my face may have scrunched up a bit in second hand embarrassment. The guy is useless. He needs to seriously improve his striking if he wants any chance to survive in the UFC
Improve???

Its too late for that man

The search function doesn't work, so here it is again.

To be fair, no not everyone has finished Tony recently. He was finished by Gaethje and by chandler, but neither Dariush or Charles could finish him.

I'd say he did look better but regardless the facts are he's a 28 year old guy with 24 pro fights and he's been fighting pro for 9 years. He's already up there in age and just had major surgery. Putting things into perspective at that same point Conor was already a 2 division champ and at his peak. We tend to think Paddy is much younger than he is because his UFC debut was 2 years ago but he's no spring chicken at LW.

Most likely the ceiling is pretty much here or not too much more. Even misc things like him ballooning up like some pregnant woman between fights indicates dedication issues. There are exceptions but this ain't HW and the division is going to get VERY nasty for him. Realistically speaking he easily lost the Jared Gordon fight and Gordon is not highly ranked guy(Fight Matrix has him at #41 worldwide now), Tony hasn't won a fight since 2019.

View attachment 1018083
Qtf

If someone as terrible as Alex Hernandez or Bobby Green can get into the LW rankings, I'm sure Paddy Pimbleman can crack the top 15. The problem is the best/most intriguing fights for Paddy are with guys in other divisions. Imagine how wild Paddy vs Alex Caceres or Damon Jackson would be. Maybe Ryan Hall can come back and fight Paddy at 155.

Imagine how wild Paddy vs Alex Caceres or Damon Jackson would be. Maybe Ryan Hall can come back and fight Paddy at 155.
Fatty vs Chase Hooper could be entertaining. Hooper has looked decent since moving to 155 and they both finished Leavitt by rnc.

Paddy got another win. This one clearly. While contention prospects don’t look so good , LW is a tough class. Even mid tier is a decent accomplishment. Faddy a known name since he helps promote himself. He can fight a little higher probably lose then step down win and make some $ and have a career.

I thought Paddy should have closed the show,but instead he gassed fighting ah old guy that was gift wrapped for him. What dont make sense about that?
That's fair enough, he could have done better, no issue with that...but that's not the same as saying it was a shit performance. It shouldn't be binary.... Great, or Shit y'know?

Paddy is awesome -- giving up his fat lifestyle so he can make weight and entertain us.

He took on a Legend -- and though winded by Rd 3, he persevered on his way to another victory.

He's the fat kid we deserve.
No that is Roy Nelson.

If someone as terrible as Alex Hernandez or Bobby Green can get into the LW rankings, I'm sure Paddy Pimbleman can crack the top 15. The problem is the best/most intriguing fights for Paddy are with guys in other divisions. Imagine how wild Paddy vs Alex Caceres or Damon Jackson would be. Maybe Ryan Hall can come back and fight Paddy at 155.
I think Hernandez and Green could very well KO Paddy Pimbleman

Tony rocked Chandler and won the first round. He was holding his own against Diaz in a close fight and the Bobby Green fight was pretty competitive too. The eye poke went against him.

This was definitely the worst Tony has ever looked. And it was against a guy many people thought he could still beat. So I think you have to give Paddy some credit for making Tony look that bad.

It’s a bit of both. Paddy upped his game and Tony lost another step.

Back