Pacquiao vs Vargas - 11/5

That has nothing to do with the conversation at all.

Your question was whats to gain by fighting Crawford. The answer is a lot. Moreso than most other opponents for Pac.

Mind you I dont care who he is fighting as in my eyes hes earned the right to do whatever he wants at this point in his career. But to act as if theres nothing worthwhile in Crawford is really silly. Crawford would be a huge win for Pac.

I happen to agree that Crawford was the toughest option and I'd love to see that style matchup. I've said plenty of times that that fight was what I wanted to see. But the same people who're saying Pac ducked Crawford are the same people who would shit on Pac, had he fought and beat Crawford, for beating a guy who'd never fought at WW or had never even fought an elite opponent.

Nah I don't think so..we've all been pretty much saying Crawford was a good legit opponent for him.

I happen to agree that Crawford was the toughest option and I'd love to see that style matchup. I've said plenty of times that that fight was what I wanted to see. But the same people who're saying Pac ducked Crawford are the same people who would shit on Pac, had he fought and beat Crawford, for beating a guy who'd never fought at WW or had never even fought an elite opponent.
Ehh Crawford is really highly regarded across the board, and anyone who may be dumb enough to say that isnt worth a second thought anyway lol. Would be nothing more than trolling.

Nah I don't think so..we've all been pretty much saying Crawford was a good legit opponent for him.
Crawford blew it he did nothing to hype a fight between him and Pacquiao

Like he said its whatever

Ehh Crawford is really highly regarded across the board, and anyone who may be dumb enough to say that isnt worth a second thought anyway lol. Would be nothing more than trolling.

Dammmnnn you gonna take that @Seano? Puo starting some SHIT.

Pac would ruin Crawford. As easily as Crawford has been to hit vs Gamboa, Lundy and Dulorme I have to think Pac would knock the shit out of him.

That southpaw stance isn't going to throw Pac off, Pac is southpaw himself and his left hand is faster than Crawfords. Also, Lundy and Gamboa are dwarfs. Pac is no giant but he's a real welter.

Crawford is lucky he didn't get that fight.

No.
Fans don't know who Crawford is.

Pac that just fought Bradley still has more than enough to beat down Crawford. Crawford has barely fought over 135 and the guys he's fought at 140 are guys who always fought at 135. His best win was a guy who should be fighting at 130. Its too big of a step up right now for Crawford. People wanted to see Pac/Crawford based on the Pac that showed up against Floyd.

I don't believe Crawford is ready for that. He looked good against Postol but Postol is nothing special. I'd rather just see the Pac/Mayweather era end and build up guys like Crawford. Lets stop looking for opponents for Pac and Floyd already.

I'm jk, obviously.

@MarkA You know it a real shame when when a guy needs to go all gutter ghetto to get his notice. Dude gave a classy humble answer and said he'd fight anybody, and wants to fight the best. I dont understand what you expected him to say.

"Yeah fuck Manny Pacquiao, he's a bum, washed up preacher hiding behind politics, I'll smash his ass easier than I did Postol, he's an overrated paper champion past his time, I want Pacman next, he don't want none of me!"

That's something Crawford doesn't want to do to his career. We've all seen how polarizing that can be when you talk about a beloved competitor, ever since Floyd did it to hype the DeLaHoya fight. Didn't bother Floyd but maybe it would bother Crawford being viewed as the antagonist bad guy... We've seen the enemies Adrian Broner created overnight with his shittalk, we see how little patience we have for "One Time" now that he's tried to talk his way into fights. Crawford just isn't that kind of guy.

Last edited:
Broner got offered a Pacquiao fight for $6 million just because he's an asshole. Think about that for a second. He's not as good as Crawford, he's recently lost two fights, and he's still more valuable because he's a bad person.

That has nothing to do with the conversation at all.

Your question was whats to gain by fighting Crawford. The answer is a lot. Moreso than most other opponents for Pac.

Mind you I dont care who he is fighting as in my eyes hes earned the right to do whatever he wants at this point in his career. But to act as if theres nothing worthwhile in Crawford is really silly. Crawford would be a huge win for Pac.

I'm one of Tc's biggest fans here in the forum. Been following him for a while. He's the best fighter from 140-147 not named Floyd or Manny. He can brawl and box.

Anyone beating him is a huge cap in the feather. Honestly, with only 2 months training, I think TC is favored 60-40. It's a very tough fight.

Manny is gambling he can beat Jessie because he's seen and beaten that style before. You still have to go out there and prove it. He's 38 and not focused right now. Jessie is probably 6-8th in 147 division. He's in his prime and will bring it. I expect manny to win but i know it should be a good exciting action fight. Old school fight bang.

Floyd 2 is the ultimate goal for him. I want to still see that fight again.

@MarkA You know it a real shame when when a guy needs to go all gutter ghetto to get his notice. Dude gave a classy humble answer and said he'd fight anybody, and wants to fight the best. I dont understand what you expected him to say.

"Yeah fuck Manny Pacquiao, he's a bum, washed up preacher hiding behind politics, I'll smash his ass easier than I did Postol, he's an overrated paper champion past his time, I want Pacman next, he don't want none of me!"

That's something Crawford doesn't want to do to his career. We've all seen how polarizing that can be when you talk about a beloved competitor, ever since Floyd did it to hype the DeLaHoya fight. Didn't bother Floyd but maybe it would bother Crawford being viewed as the antagonist bad guy... We've seen the enemies Adrian Bronzer created overnight with his shittalk, we see how little patience we have for "One Time" now that he's trid to talk his way into fights. Crawford just isn't that kind of guy.

The guy is classy no doubt but when you have casual fans you at least say

Bring it I am ready . No one is better than me.

Manny is a great fighter but won't beat me

But instead the lasting impression was its whatever

It gives a bad look to a casual it's all I am saying and he did himself no favors

He was high on his win against legit top 10 fighter and made it look easy

The guy is classy no doubt but when you have casual fans you at least say

Bring it I am ready . No one is better than me.

Manny is a great fighter but won't beat me

But instead the lasting impression was its whatever

It gives a bad look to a casual it's all I am saying and he did himself no favors

He was high on his win against legit top 10 fighter and made it look easy
Crawford is simply being himself. If Team Pac were to piss him off, his words and/or actions would reflect that(i.e. Lundy). He's generally very laid back and low key.

I'm one of Tc's biggest fans here in the forum. Been following him for a while. He's the best fighter from 140-147 not named Floyd or Manny. He can brawl and box.

Anyone beating him is a huge cap in the feather. Honestly, with only 2 months training, I think TC is favored 60-40. It's a very tough fight.

Manny is gambling he can beat Jessie because he's seen and beaten that style before. You still have to go out there and prove it. He's 38 and not focused right now. Jessie is probably 6-8th in 147 division. He's in his prime and will bring it. I expect manny to win but i know it should be a good exciting action fight. Old school fight bang.

Floyd 2 is the ultimate goal for him. I want to still see that fight again.
Then you dont agree with what you originally said?

i will have a ton of stuff from the vargas camp. jessie is the first boxer i got to know in the business. let me know if you have any special requests

oh, and in my biased but accurate prediction, jessie is gonna win this fight

I can think of 2 not counting Kell Brook: Garcia and Thurman. Who else?

Which other fighters at 140 or 147, would I rather see Pacquiao fight? Porter, Thurman, Spence Jr., Crawford, Postol, Brook, Garcia, Khan, and Broner off the top of my head. Now, are all of those fighters available, or do I blame Pacquiao for not being able to make those fights? No, I'm just saying that Vargas is pretty low on the list of fighters that I care to see fight Pacquiao around the weight.

50k pay per view sales.

It's a good fight. But trying to claim that it would somehow be a very profitable option is not a logical thing to say.

Crawford on his own can't sell a PPV. That goes for almost every fighter in the sport, though. I'd be confident in Crawford/Pacquiao outselling Bradley/Pacquiao 3. Outside of Mayweather, Canelo, or maybe Khan, Crawford is probably the most profitable option there is out there.

i will have a ton of stuff from the vargas camp. jessie is the first boxer i got to know in the business. let me know if you have any special requests
I'd like to see conditioning footage treadmill or roadwork if possible and some sht talking lol

Broner got offered a Pacquiao fight for $6 million just because he's an asshole. Think about that for a second. He's not as good as Crawford, he's recently lost two fights, and he's still more valuable because he's a bad person.

Floyd didn't start getting paid until he acted like an ass hole

Floyd didn't start getting paid until he acted like an ass hole

Eh, not really, King. He didn't get nearly the attention outside of the boxing world he wanted trying to follow Arum's plan for him as the smiling nice guy act. That all changed when he flipped his personality around, that's true. But he's pretty much always been paid extremely well considering how poor of a draw he was for the 1st half of his career. Him and his HBO contract used to be ridiculed all the time by the boxing media and fans alike for being way overpaid based on how few butts he used to put in the seats or how low his viewership ratings used to be on HBO.

That would be funny, but Vargas is gonna get clobbered here.
thing is jessie has had 6 trainers in 5 years. it has greatly stunted his growth. alcazar and morales in particular were terrible matches for him. i have seen him train with every single one of them. i could obviously be wrong in the pick, but his chemistry with Dewey is by far the best it has been for him and a trainer in years. he is improving all the time and who knows where pac is at this time with age, outside interests, etc. i am calling for the upset

Back