Pacquiao vs Vargas - 11/5

My extreme comes from past experiences with pac and his team. Plenty of better fighters out there for pac to fight. I knew before it was announced when vargas was on his list the weakest opponent would be picked. It's pac's MO for years.

Not only that but top rank and there 3 welterweights are all that will be matched against pac.

It sickens me.

If you're mad because it's a continuation of what you see as an ongoing issue then that is fair enough. But they tried to get Broner and Garcia, and that is not Top Rank's story, that is straight from Broner and Garcia. Apparently $6 million is not enough for Broner, and $4 million is not enough for Garcia. To me, it is shameful for them to turn down an opportunity like this for that much money (double what either of them have made).

If you're mad at Top Rank's matches, then a lot of that blame needs to go to Haymon and his squad of primadonnas who openly refuse to make fights.

"If he wants to fight, he can accept MY offer." -Danny Garcia, pretending that he can strong arm Manny Pacquiao :rolleyes:

The only better fighter that was actually available is Crawford.

I do concur that this fight will be entertaining. Pac rarely ever has a boring fight but I don't care how entertaining it is I'm not gonna watch pac smash one of the weakest fighters out there.

Vargas is a c+ fighter. Now he's special for knocking out ali? Ali isn't very good either.

Vargas is not "one of the weakest fighters out there" though. That's taking it way too far. The kid has the WBO belt and just knocked out Saddam Ali, who is not a shitty fighter either. We cannot just pretend that everyone is shitty who is involved here just because it's not the fight we wanted.

I'm ok with Pac fighting Vargas. Sure I'd rather see him fight Crawford, Thurman or Garcia, but it's still a tough fight. Something guys like GGG, Ward, Wilder, Jacobs etc can't say about their opponents.

Lmao manny ducked crawford and his team is not even trying to hide it.

I mean, as much as you can duck anybody who has never fought in your division, I guess.

I agree that Crawford would be a great fight to make. I'd love to see it. But if Manny is ducking Crawford, that kinda opens a huge can of worms for who every fighter in the sport is ducking outside of their division.

I typically think of the word "duck" as being reserved for avoiding a guy who is the next in line. If Pacquiao was the welterweight champ, and Crawford was the top challenger, then that is a duck.

Last edited:

What's to gain fighting Crawford? Manny has already won the lineal title at 140.
He hasn't fought at 140lbs since 2008.

It's a high risk low reward bout especially since Mayweather 2 looks next cinco mayo weekend.

I predicted Vargas would be his opponent.

What's to gain fighting Crawford? Manny has already won the lineal title at 140.

It's a high risk low reward bout especially since Mayweather 2 looks next cinco mayo weekend.
Flip-flop.

I'd swear when it was rumored that he was going to fight Crawford a while back, you were saying it was the fight to make in boxing.

I predicted Vargas would be his opponent.
200_s.gif

Yeahhh
giphy.gif

So are you amped up for this PPV super match?
It'll probably be OK. Vargas isn't that bad really, but I think he was probably the easiest fight for Pac aside from Broner.

Doubt I'll buy it. Maybe if it has a good undercard.

Wish this wasnt a PPV. Prob will order it regardless.

Wish this wasnt a PPV. Prob will order it regardless.

I feel this way about almost every fight. There might be one fight a year that I feel deserves a $60+ ppv price.

Imagine the ratings that Pacquiao would pull on regular HBO.

I feel this way about almost every fight. There might be one fight a year that I feel deserves a $60+ ppv price.

Imagine the ratings that Pacquiao would pull on regular HBO.
Ya Ill happily pay for a quality main event (Postol Crawford for example). This doesnt qualify as such imo.

But I end up getting them more often than not.

I mean, as much as you can duck anybody who has never fought in your division, I guess.

I agree that Crawford would be a great fight to make. I'd love to see it. But if Manny is ducking Crawford, that kinda opens a huge can of worms for who every fighter in the sport is ducking outside of their division.

I typically think of the word "duck" as being reserved for avoiding a guy who is the next in line. If Pacquiao was the welterweight champ, and Crawford was the top challenger, then that is a duck.
Manny said he can make 140 easily.

Whats to gain fighting crawford? The real question is whats to gain fighting vargas. Crawford is the guy everyone wants to see him face , bob arum has been talking about that fight for a long time , nobody gives a shit about the vargas fight.

They ducked crawford, freddie roach literally said crawford is a dangerous fight for manny right now and he shouldnt take it lool. Then his manager openly admitted its a bad style matchup. I know you manny fans like to praise him no matter what he does but its obvious he didnt want the tougher challenge.

Manny said he can make 140 easily.

Yeah, that doesn't really have anything to do with it though. Being able to make a weight does not mean you are ducking everybody in that weight.

If a guy is the champion, and refuses to defend against the top challenger, that is a duck. Or if a guy refuses to fight a guy in his same weight class that everybody recognizes is the most meaningful and profitable fight, that may also be a duck.

But not fighting a guy who is not in your weight class, is not profitable, and has nothing that you want is not a duck. Unless you want to start calling everybody in the entire sport duckers for not picking the guy you want them to pick.

Give me any name, and I'll tell you who he's "ducking" by your standards.

Back