PACQUIAO vs COTTO revisited

Glad you brought up that left hook because you know who else brought that up? Freddy Roach. When he trained Miguel he said Manny def fought him at the right time as Miguel had gotten away from his left hook for a period. Roach even suggested the Miguel who was utilizing that hook may have been an entirely different fight...

Cotton came up short on big fights. I was a fan too. His money punch was his liver shot. He never seemed to come off in big fights with it.

Margarito rekt him. Wasn't the same after imo.

Who did Cotto rock in his big fights? Pacquiao? Floyd?
hm, let's see.

he dropped paulie. he hurt the fuck out of zab judah. he dropped clottey pretty easily. he was rocking foreman left and right even before the injury. he dropped mayorga. he definitely hurt margarito when the horseshoes were removed from his gloves for the rematch. he beat the living shit out of sergio martinez, knocking him down what, 4 times before the finish?

i mean there's legitimate criticism available for miguel cotto, but a lack of power simply isn't part of it. the man could punch.

Cotton came up short on big fights. I was a fan too. His money punch was his liver shot. He never seemed to come off in big fights with it.

Cotto was more than that. Hell, he was near unstoppable at 140 pounds and beat solid guys like Quintana, Clottey, Judah, Malignaggi....Not to mention winning and defending the MW crown. Its weird to see a guy who won championships in 4 weight classes and was a mainstay in P4P lists for years be reduced to so little.

Margarito very likely cheated in their 1st fight but Cotto was most definitely never the same. Miguel took a beating and for a boxer puncher like Cotto his confidence was irreparably lowered. I was surprised at how good his second half career was as I expected him to develop into a gatekeeper after Manny, Clottey, then Trout. He proved everyone wrong and still had a stunning 2nd and 3rd act imho

Not to mention power punchers typically dont win by power vs elite competition. See GGG (won Canelo 1 w jab and activity) Kovalev (won Ward 1 w jab and KD), Inoue (won Donaire 1 w counter punching and late KD), etc. So Cotto not having a WOW power moment versus top guys doesnt mean a whole lot imho

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
hm, let's see.

he dropped paulie. he hurt the fuck out of zab judah. he dropped clottey pretty easily. he was rocking foreman left and right even before the injury. he dropped mayorga. he definitely hurt margarito when the horseshoes were removed from his gloves for the rematch. he beat the living shit out of sergio martinez, knocking him down what, 4 times before the finish?

i mean there's legitimate criticism available for miguel cotto, but a lack of power simply isn't part of it. the man could punch.

Paul got planked by McGregor in a sparring session. Not a great example.

A few of those names are relevant. Zab but he was old. Cotto really couldn't bang. waa more like a winky Wright. Had a good hook to the liver.

Cotto was more than that. Hell, he was near unstoppable at 140 pounds and beat solid guys like Quintana, Clottey, Judah, Malignaggi....Not to mention winning and defending the MW crown. Its weird to see a guy who won championships in 4 weight classes and was a mainstay in P4P lists for years be reduced to so little.

Conor was 0-0 in boxing and beat Paulie into oblivion. Dropped after knocking him all over the ring and giving him a boxing lesson. The hissy fut after talking shit about Conor made it all the more funny.

Zab got 1 punched by Costa. Again not the best argument given he was old by then.

Margarito very likely cheated in their 1st fight but Cotto was most definitely never the same. Miguel took a beating and for a boxer puncher like Cotto his confidence was irreparably lowered. I was surprised at how good his second half career was as I expected him to develop into a gatekeeper after Manny, Clottey, then Trout. He proved everyone wrong and still had a stunning 2nd and 3rd act imho

Not to mention power punchers typically dont win by power vs elite competition. See GGG (won Canelo 1 w jab and activity) Kovalev (won Ward 1 w jab and KD), Inoue (won Donaire 1 w counter punching and late KD), etc. So Cotto not having a WOW power moment versus top guys doesnt mean a whole lot imho

A fan of Cotto. Margarito got beat up after by a broken Cotto. It's unfortunate.

More needs to be done to avoid these fist filler cheap shots.

Agreed. I thought GGG won the 1st. The 2nd, GGG failed to come forward despite being Naturally bigger.

It's shifty how things turned out for Cotto given the Margaritto L. I think everyone thinks it was sus. It's amazing how he bounced back regardless afterwards. It showed him as the warrior he is.

Conor was 0-0 in boxing and beat Paulie into oblivion.
I don't recall this happening at all.

Dropped after knocking him all over the ring and giving him a boxing lesson. The hissy fut after talking shit about Conor made it all the more funny.
Is this trolling? There was one clip of Paulie arguably being pushed down and then no more of the sparring session was released that I recall.

Zab got 1 punched by Costa. Again not the best argument given he was old by then.
Strange way to sum an undisputed WW champions resume.

You dont win championships in 4 Weight classes by coming short in big fights.
Losint to the Elite of the Elite in Canelo, Floyd, and Manny isn't much of a blemish. He still got good wins in beating Sergio, Zab, Paulie, Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley.

A fan of Cotto. Margarito got beat up after by a broken Cotto. It's unfortunate.

Nah, you don't stop a cheaterito fight once it gets to the margarito rounds and act like you beat him. Margarito was taking over and was about to smash Cotto.

That was supposed to be some good beats evil redemption match for everyone to feel good about the world. But life don't work that way. Paq and Mosley put it on him for Miguel but Cotto loses that fight 9:10 times.

Paul got planked by McGregor in a sparring session. Not a great example.
oh, we're just making shit up now? well if that's the case, in imaginary land cotto really couldn't punch.

A few of those names are relevant. Zab but he was old. Cotto really couldn't bang. waa more like a winky Wright. Had a good hook to the liver.
if we ignore all the people he dropped and knocked out, then you're right, he really didn't drop and knock out anyone.

Reactions: HHJ
I don't recall this happening at all.

Is this trolling? There was one clip of Paulie arguably being pushed down and then no more of the sparring session was released that I recall.

Strange way to sum an undisputed WW champions resume.
No he got dropped.

By m by count, 0-0 Conor dropped former world champ Paulie TWICE. Twice.

You wut?

Nah, you don't stop a cheaterito fight once it gets to the margarito rounds and act like you beat him. Margarito was taking over and was about to smash Cotto.

But caught after with loaded gloves?

south-park-hes-retarded.gif

You wut?

Don't lose your helmet.

You dont win championships in 4 Weight classes by coming short in big fights.
Losint to the Elite of the Elite in Canelo, Floyd, and Manny isn't much of a blemish. He still got good wins in beating Sergio, Zab, Paulie, Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley.

Good God. "Cotto came short in big fights". A shopworn Cotto arguably gave Floyd his toughest bout. Boxrec riders are really getting annoying these days.

oh, we're just making shit up now? well if that's the case, in imaginary land cotto really couldn't punch.

if we ignore all the people he dropped and knocked out, then you're right, he really didn't drop and knock out anyone.

You must be new. Watch the video. And keep wearing your helmet.

No he got dropped.

By m by count, 0-0 Conor dropped former world champ Paulie TWICE. Twice.

You wut?

Clearly not a knockdown. Not sure why you can't see Conor pushing on the back of Paulie's head but that clip is exactly as I remember it, 20 second clip of hours of sparring they did and thats the best clip they found to say Conor dominated Paulie?

Clearly not a knockdown. Not sure why you can't see Conor pushing on the back of Paulie's head but that clip is exactly as I remember it, 20 second clip of hours of sparring they did and thats the best clip they found to say Conor dominated Paulie?
cortez is waving it off as a slip, everyone with eyes sees it's not a knockdown, and clowns still run their mouths about how conor owned him.

remember when paulie literally begged them to release the full footage of their sparring? dana and conor said they couldn't, because of the floyd fight. they'd do it after the fight, for sure. then the fight happened, and paulie again bitched about the video not being released, and they said they won't release it because of the netflix documentary, that was coming out any minute.

surely, posting a heavily edited 10 seconds of sparring and refusing to release the full video doesn't mean they're dishonest dipshits who did paulie dirty, right? surely the clip is an accurate representation of how it all went down.

But caught after with loaded gloves?

south-park-hes-retarded.gif

You wut?

Don't lose your helmet.
You're calling me retarded and you can't even figure out which Marg/Cotto fight we're talking about?

Margarito always beats Cotto. They stopped the second fight for no reason other than Cotto was going to take damage in the next 2 rounds.

Also, fuck you.

cortez is waving it off as a slip, everyone with eyes sees it's not a knockdown, and clowns still run their mouths about how conor owned him.

remember when paulie literally begged them to release the full footage of their sparring? dana and conor said they couldn't, because of the floyd fight. they'd do it after the fight, for sure. then the fight happened, and paulie again bitched about the video not being released, and they said they won't release it because of the netflix documentary, that was coming out any minute.

surely, posting a heavily edited 10 seconds of sparring and refusing to release the full video doesn't mean they're dishonest dipshits who did paulie dirty, right? surely the clip is an accurate representation of how it all went down.

You underestimate how dumb Conor fans are.

Back