Pacquiao to Golden Boy in 2015 or Own Promotion?

He's covered Manny since 2001 in the Ledbwa fight until he reached his peak and was a world wide super star in 2010-11-12 to present. They are also friends outside the ring. He's happy to see the growth out of a dirt poor kid who became a phenomenon.

Cut the guy some slack. There's no one better in a big fight. Berstein makes people go to sleep at Showtime which is why they need the extra loud and exciting Mauro to counter him.

So what if they're friends? His personal life shouldn't mix with his professional broadcasting. That's called being unprofessional.

I also believe the calls of Lamp being "unprofessional" are overblown.

I can only remember one fight where he could be categorized as that it was the Clottely fight when he did his signature, "Bam Bam Bam." I remember he was pretty mad at Clottley for not throwing and trading with Pacquiao. So since Clottley had very low output, so Pac hand to double his and threw over 1000 punches in the fight.

Lederman was also mad at Clottley during the telecast and even said he was scared. But you can't blame Josh too much because in the post fight he said he couldn't open up because Pac was trying to counter him and had too much speed.

Pac's gotta let his loyalty to Arum go. If Pac leaves, a HUGE source of Arum's power in the boxing world will be gone and the cold war could eventually be solved. Getting Pac out of his grip is key to that happening IMO

Even if that conflict is resolved let's not forget that a Haymon or TMT vs Golden Boy could happen on the horizon.

Even if that conflict is resolved let's not forget that a Haymon or TMT vs Golden Boy could happen on the horizon.

That would be terrible. GB only has Canelo and Mares the big names who aren't tied to Haymon. More great fights not happening.

This guy has an iron fist on everybody. So much pull in the sport its ridiculous.

Back