Pacquiao to Golden Boy in 2015 or Own Promotion?

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Advisor: Pacquiao may go to highest bidder or Reportedly to Start Promoting Self Under Own MP Promotions

"Bob has been good to us and we have nothing negative to say about Top Rank but we have to decide what's best for Manny at this stage of his career," Koncz said.

Koncz said that if Pacquiao does not extend his contract with Top Rank, the eight-division world champion might just promote himself under his own name. "If we don't' extend our contract with Top Rank, we may go out on our own and promoter ourselves."

"Maybe we'll have a partner and promote ourselves."

Koncz said that although Pacquiao and Arum have enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship, they are still exploring other options.

"Bob has been good to us over the years and we have been good to him. We may sign with him or we may not," Koncz said. "We have other offers on the table and we will look at all our options and decide what's best for Manny, but I don't want to discuss the particulars because I don't want to offend other people."

His contract ends with Top Rank after his fall bout later this year. Rumors have been swirling that he already signed an extension with Arum however Michael Konzc has come out and said there is no deal imminent.

With the number of opponents fading from TR's 140-147 stable and his last 3 ppvs not reaching 1 million. I believe Manny and his team need to take a considerable look at signing with Golden Boy after his next bout where he will be an unrestricted free agent.

With Oscar mending fences with TR and HBO, even with Manny at Golden Boy he could still fight on HBO perhaps. If not, imagine HBO losing Pac and Floyd.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/335903-promoter-all-ears-for-a-potential-sergio-martinez-manny-pacquiao-fight

I thought he had signed deal till 2016. I guess not.

Pac is waiting for Floyd to get old.

Stop ducking, Pac!

I will bet you 10 internets that he signs with Arum again.

Deal.

I think his last 3 ppv bouts under performing and short list of opponents make it likely that he will test the waters.

I have not been impressed with TR or HBO promoting events lately. HBO is stingy as heck with their videos and promotion on their YouTube channel. TR has put on shitty undercards and waiting till fight week to put money into ads and promotion.

I would be more than happy to see PAC with golden boy and see some quality fights before his career ends soon.

Konzc said it best, " at this stage in Manny's career"

If he wants to maximize profits and add more quality names to his already legendary career, there is only one choice. Leave Top Rank.

He could go the Cotto route but he is busy with other ventures in life and wouldn't have the time to run his on promoting etc. However future bouts with Martinez/Cotto winner, Broner, Canelo, and the GB stable are all much more enticing than TR's options of Jessie Vargas, Alvarado/Jmm winner, & Bradley 3.

I think Koncz realizes he can make himself a butt load of money by separating. If he can talk Pac into it.

Who knows though. It didn't make sense to re-sign last time and they still did it.

I think Koncz realizes he can make himself a butt load of money by separating. If he can talk Pac into it.

Who knows though. It didn't make sense to re-sign last time and they still did it.

Yup convincing PAC will be the key. Pacquiao is loyal and thankful to Arum for making him to who he is however that ship has sailed and he needs to maximize profits and finish his great career strong especially if it leads to the Mayweather fight.

Pacquiao tried to sign with Goldenboy in the past and TR sued the shit out of them.

Pac's gotta let his loyalty to Arum go. If Pac leaves, a HUGE source of Arum's power in the boxing world will be gone and the cold war could eventually be solved. Getting Pac out of his grip is key to that happening IMO

Pac's gotta let his loyalty to Arum go. If Pac leaves, a HUGE source of Arum's power in the boxing world will be gone and the cold war could eventually be solved. Getting Pac out of his grip is key to that happening IMO

Agreed.

On the other hand, look what Arum has done with Manny.

Pac isn't stupid. He'll stay with the guy who made him a megastar.

On the other hand, look what Arum has done with Manny.

Pac isn't stupid. He'll stay with the guy who made him a megastar.

You're right, Pac's not stupid. Arum did help make him a megastar but that's when there were a lot more marketable fights. There isn't now besides a 5th Marquez fight (ugh)

Manny knows that if he wants to both stay relevant and make more money, he's gotta go elsewhere. Plenty if good fights at GB, not even counting that a move to GB opens up possibilities of a Floyd fight. I see no huge reason to stay with Arum and I honestly hope he doesn't.

WHat?? Pacs gonna be able to make decisions for himself like a big boy

Whatever Happened to the black dude who promoted pacquiao before top rank ?

Whatever Happened to the black dude who promoted pacquiao before top rank ?

I know who you are talking about. That Islamic black guy with the messed up teeth. Muhammad something. He was Pac's promoter for the first mab and Juan fight.

Haven't heard or seen him since then.

One of the reasons why I wouldn't mind PAC going to Goldenboy at all is that I want see PAC vs Broner.

The event could sell well on ppv. The build up would be great, Broner and roach going back and forth.

Koncz is an infiltrator working for Arum to keep Pacquiao from expanding therefore leaving him no choice but to stay with TR

HBO needs a newer commentary team, instead of those old farts. Any excuse for someone not to buy an HBO PPV card, they need to fix asap.

Back