1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Pacquiao to Golden Boy in 2015 or Own Promotion?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Wanderlei4Life, May 11, 2014.

1. Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

I disagree Lampley is the best in the business when calling big fights. Max is alright and Roy brings insight and has improved a lot.

2. Cheese Banned Banned

Goosen could get him the most money and the best fights.

3. BBKAllDay Purple Belt

The thought of this fight gives me wood

[​IMG]

4. BLITZD Brown Belt

Pacquiao has maybe 3-4 fights left in him, no one left to fight under the Top Rank banner, he needs to make the most of them. Stepping away from TR opens up his options

5. DhakaMMA Purple Belt

I like Jim Lampley, and Max does a decent job too. But Max has no personality, and Larry Merchant sounds like he's struggling just to breath, not to mention he was blatantly disrespectful to Floyd to his face. Many point out Lampley's biased towards Pac as well. But that is not my point. The team looks likes its a bunch of old guys and their intern (Max).

A team of Lampley, Kellerman, and a younger guy or two would be a huge improvement. Showtime using Maliggnagi and Ranallo is a huge improvement than the same faces HBO's got going for the past 20yrs.

6. soggyfist Silver Belt

Murad Muhammad. He worked for a while with RJJ too. Not sure how much promotion he does now.

7. Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

I think lampleys voice and knowledge is still legit. Max is the fresh young guy but he acts a little "too smart" for my liking.

RJJ is good. He is growing on me, sometimes he gets too excited and the ghetto side comes out like calling lamp and max "son" but it's because he still had tons of passion for the sport which is good.

8. FaTaL FaTaL Purple Belt

he has more options if he signs with gb or promotes his own fights

mayweather, canelo, boner etc

he needs to max out now because hes done after 4 more fights

9. Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

I agree 4 quality fights and he should call it a career. PAC would be closing in on almost 70 bouts. Legendary career.

10. DhakaMMA Purple Belt

Other than Merchant, I like their commenting. But they need better personalities, is what I was going at. RJJ is a fresh face, but I dont know if he cuts it. If they had someone like Hopkins on there, now that would be something.

11. Seano Hands of bone

Lampley is trash.

Too biased. The guy obviously has his favorites and makes no attempt to cover it and often ignores the work the "opponent" does while his guy is fighting.

Max is OK, I used to feel as though he were commentating out of a thesaurus but he's toned that down.

12. SuwoopBangin Praise Be Unto The Based

I feel like MAx's use of the word "sensational" is inversely proportionate to his commentary quality.

13. soggyfist Silver Belt

Max was better as a studio analyst/personality. I enjoyed him so much more on fnf.

14. Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Eh, you only have beef with Lampley when he's commentating on a Pac fight.

15. 2014Classic** Orange Belt

Lampley is pretty horrible. I was meh about him before. I could ignore his constant false calling's of landed or not landed shots in every single fight, but the trashing of Maidana did it for me. I have no respect left for him.

Can't stand him and I can't stand his show. He's only gotten worse since he started that show.

16. Strange King Strange Music

If you werent in love with pac you would find his commentating pretty pathetic in the last few years.

Lampley used to be one of my favorites but some how turned into this incredible douche.

Did any of you see Jim cry about the epic round of ward vs Gatti on legendary nights?
    FUcking pathetic. Jim talking about this great round and he starts crying. I was like WTF?

Jim is not all there anymore.

17. Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

He genuine loves the sport. Ward and Gatti 1 was epic and a top 10 action fight of all time. Even Emmanuel was going apeshit during the broadcast. He was yelling like he was actually in the corner of a fighter.

18. Strange King Strange Music

Ya it was awesome but you dont fucking cry about a round when doing a documentary and talking about one round.

Like that one round had so much of an impact on Jims life he had to cry... GTFO of here

19. SuwoopBangin Praise Be Unto The Based

His bias for Pacquiao is disgusting and ridiculous. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being a pac fanatic but a professional like lampley shouldn't let his bias be so clear while commentating.

20. Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

He's covered Manny since 2001 in the Ledbwa fight until he reached his peak and was a world wide super star in 2010-11-12 to present. They are also friends outside the ring. He's happy to see the growth out of a dirt poor kid who became a phenomenon.

Cut the guy some slack. There's no one better in a big fight. Berstein makes people go to sleep at Showtime which is why they need the extra loud and exciting Mauro to counter him.