Pacquiao-Hatton.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Why was Pacquiao able to destroy Hatton like he did? Was it because of the problems Hatton had in training? Or was he just tailor-made for Pacquiao?

Tailor made. Hatton didnt have much defense at all. He was an offensive machine but Manny is better in pretty much every single category. Especially speed.

Because his record is watered down as fuck and Luis Collazo is one of his biggest wins?

Another overblown brittard

He is definitely tailored made for Pacquiao, but he also got caught really badly early on in the fight. Once you get caught badly like that it's pretty hard to recover, especially if you have somebody with Pacquiao's output in front of you.

When he got caught badly in the first round he started taking a sustained beating and couldn't really recover. Then, in his dazed state, he walked face-first into a loaded-up left hand.

You could add in the fact that Hatton simply does not seem to have the skill-set or mindset to fight intelligently while hurt.

Why was Pacquiao able to destroy Hatton like he did? Was it because of the problems Hatton had in training? Or was he just tailor-made for Pacquiao?
People here swear Hatton was talented

Pacquiao did what he did because Hatton was never special

as everyone else has said.

Tailor made. Totally completely tailor made. Emaunel Steward right before the knock out said something like "despite the two knockdowns earlier Ricky just isn't moving his head too much still", and like 2 seconds later Pacquiao knocks him out.

Because his record is watered down as fuck and Luis Collazo is one of his biggest wins?
Another overblown brittard

Dont be a dick all the time son, he beat a lot of better fighters than Collazo, if you want to be a dick, at least be correct

Dont be a dick all the time son, he beat a lot of better fighters than Collazo, if you want to be a dick, at least be correct
Tbh his best names are tyszu and castillo but both of them were well past their primes

Collazo might actually be his best scalp

Collazo is one of my favorite fighters. He's not some bum. And a nice guy too actually.

Truth is truth. I don't like overrated brits

IMO the faded version of Kostya Tszyu who had been fighting once a year for several years by the time he fought Hatton was the perfect match up for Hatton to look good.

Pacquiao is one of the biggest punchers who need the least amount of time to get off. Tszyu liked to really measure his man and pick his shots but he had a better, less spammy shot selection than Pacquiao.

The Mayweather fight was also controversial, some people thought Hatton was doing better than he was because Mayweather slipped on a figurative banana skin in the fourth or fifth round, in reality he was pretty comprehensively picked apart and dismantled. That said I do actually like Hatton as person, he makes a difference from the stereotypical arrogant boxer.

Pac was just too fast and unorthodox for Hatton and Hatton seemed to have no gameplan.

Hatton knew exactly what was coming. He just couldn't stop, counter, or defend it.

Collazo is one of my favorite fighters. He's not some bum. And a nice guy too actually.

Truth is truth. I don't like overrated brits

I dont think anyone overates Hatton TBH, im not even a fan, he was found out against the very best....no shame in that

I dont think anyone overates Hatton TBH, im not even a fan, he was found out against the very best....no shame in that
Hatton was a good fighter, probably still one of the 10 best JWWs of all time. He broke Tszyu and Malignaggi and beat all comers to his titles. The only guy to beat him at 140 is one of the best fighters of the era.

Hatton was a good fighter, probably still one of the 10 best JWWs of all time. He broke Tszyu and Malignaggi and beat all comers to his titles. The only guy to beat him at 140 is one of the best fighters of the era.

Indeed.....people seem to think he was some overated idiot because he tried to move out of his weight class

I read a Hatton autobiography where he blamed Mayweather Sr's training. Old school, run up hills wearing army boots, grinding kind of camp.

It made him drained for the fight. He also says he was crying in one of the last camp's, knowing he was weak and going to lose.

A bit of an excuse, but trying to brawl with prime Pac was bad news.

After the fight, Mayweather Sr refusing an interview and leaving Ricky on the canvas was pretty disgusting.

There were very few fighters who ever lived who would look good vs 2008-2011 Manny. Especially not offense first guys who weren't much bigger than him.

yeah Hatton's limit was pretty clearly at 140 but he was a damn good 140er. Just a tough guy to face given how strong and well conditioned he was.

After the fight, Mayweather Sr refusing an interview and leaving Ricky on the canvas was pretty disgusting.
oh man, didn't know he did that. holy crap that's horrible. what kind of trainer does that?

but then again, hatton's first trainer said he and ricky never even talked after the mayweather fight, which sounded like a dick move on ricky's part to me. the guy brought him up, all the way to the biggest fight of his career, and when they lose, hatton just fucks off. i don't know if they ever reconciled later, but even at the time it sounded pretty shitty.

Some Hatton fans bitch bout Joe Cortez the ref in his bout with Mayweather. Cortez stepped in and broke them up every time Ricky started holding and hitting and wrestling. I agreed with Cortez for once what Ricky was trying too do was illegal. I respect hatton bur some of his fights were ugly.

Back