Pacquiao-Hatton.

Glad you pointed out the elbows something that Mayweather was allowed to get away with throughout his career but nobody cares to point it out.

I do think at this point its well established Floyd had a hometown arrangement in every possible aspect in Vegas. Thats really only debated by some fanboys.

A very good comparison is Wladimir when he promoted his fights himself. It was sometimes comical how referees would allow everything from Wlad regarding holding in that time frame that you could call it a wrestling match with punches. He basically owned the refs much like Floyd.

I don't think Hatton would have won if he was allowed to work in close but it would have made the fight a lot more competitive. Mayweather would have found another way to win. Glad you pointed out the elbows something that Mayweather was allowed to get away with throughout his career but nobody cares to point it out.

Holding. Hatton puts both arms around Floyd.
Hatton has his left on top of Mayweathers right but he's not holding with that arm. TBH it's hard to tell. It looks like he is trying to stop Mayweather getting the underhook on that side. I'll have to sit down and go through the fight when I have some spare time to waste.

I do think at this point its well established Floyd had a hometown arrangement in every possible aspect in Vegas. Thats really only debated by some fanboys.

A very good comparison is Wladimir when he promoted his fights himself. It was sometimes comical how referees would allow everything from Wlad regarding holding in that time frame that you could call it a wrestling match with punches. He basically owned the refs much like Floyd.
I think Mayweather got favouritism but Wlad was way worse with the holding but a long way. It's unbelievable that he managed to build his whole style around the ref turning a blind eye to what he was doing in every single fight, round after round.

This is laughable! I'm now more convinced than ever that Cortez was in Mayweathers pocket! Mayweather has used the forearm to push off other fighters who weren't getting in with their head at all. Cortez is just trying to make excuses for his own biased reffing.

I think Mayweather got favouritism but Wlad was way worse with the holding but a long way. It's unbelievable that he managed to build his whole style around the ref turning a blind eye to what he was doing in every single fight, round after round.

Sure Wlad was way worse and needed more help as he had big holes in his game. Mayweather is just better and more complete so he needed the help less but both had refs in their pockets and more I dont doubt that.

Just like Adelaide Byrd for GBP is a slimy paid of shill. Just read a little about Byrd and it gets more obvious how corrupt some are. Look up Glowacki - Briedis with Byrd to score and her husband to ref an again farce of a fight.

Floyd owned Vegas.

You missed one thing: Fury is a white British HW he's not nearly so popular with British fans as either AJ or Bruno.

Less consistent and fighting in an era that is not getting as much recognition either. I guess there are a number of things to consider.

This is laughable! I'm now more convinced than ever that Cortez was in Mayweathers pocket! Mayweather has used the forearm to push off other fighters who weren't getting in with their head at all. Cortez is just trying to make excuses for his own biased reffing.
What did you find laughable? His explanation was specific.

Less consistent and fighting in an era that is not getting as much recognition either. I guess there are a number of things to consider.
He's fighting in the same era as Joshua. AJ is a megastar.

What did you find laughable? His explanation was specific.
He made out that Mayweather only used the elbow because the opponent was coming in with their head but totally ignored the way Floyd would use his forearm in his opponent's throat when he wanted to gain space and push his opponent off, something which is against the rules. Cortez totally ignores that because he doesn't want to admit what he lets Floyd get away with.

He made out that Mayweather only used the elbow because the opponent was coming in with their head but totally ignored the way Floyd would use his forearm in his opponent's throat when he wanted to gain space and push his opponent off, something which is against the rules. Cortez totally ignores that because he doesn't want to admit what he lets Floyd get away with.
I've never seen a fighter called for that, ever.

you guys love each other really right?

i think it's safe to say that Hatton often used questionable tactics, and so does Floyd...one stayed in his Arena, while the other didnt

No blame game, its boxing, and money talks...i was more upset about Richard Steeles sweaty armpits in a lot of his fights than what you guys are arguing about

I've never seen a fighter called for that, ever.
I'm sure I've seen that. I'll dig around. Anyway he pushes with it, I've seen plenty of fighters called for pushing.

EDIT: LOL Didn't have to look too far. Here is Joe Cortez himself warning Mayweather for using the elbows. So you've never seen a fighter called for that? Then you obviously never watched a Mayweather fight!

Last edited:
I'm sure I've seen that. I'll dig around. Anyway he pushes with it, I've seen plenty of fighters called for pushing.

EDIT: LOL Didn't have to look too far. Here is Joe Cortez himself warning Mayweather for using the elbows. So you've never seen a fighter called for that? Then you obviously never watched a Mayweather fight!

Your example is Floyds elbow on the back of Hatton's head, not Floyd pushing off and Joe Cortez called him on it. So whats the problem?

Your example is Floyds elbow on the back of Hatton's head, not Floyd pushing off and Joe Cortez called him on it. So whats the problem?
Are you being purposefully obtuse or are you just blind?? How can Floyd's elbow be on the back of Hatton's head if Hatton is standing upright and Floyds glove is on Ricky's chest? It's not physically possible. Cortez is clearly warning Floyd for leading with his elbow, it's so far forward it's over Ricky's shoulder, maybe that's why you are getting confused. You need to watch it again.

Just going by what you timestamped.

There were very few fighters who ever lived who would look good vs 2008-2011 Manny. Especially not offense first guys who weren't much bigger than him.

This . It’s not too complicated. Ricky was a terrific fighter, he just faced an all time great. That’s about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back