Rumored Pacquiao-Broner tickets not moving well, Low PPV presales a few days out and still not sold out

The projected numbers were 500,000 or more.

The rematch should break a million buys especially if they do it stateside
Excuse me, the breaking even point was 250k that's the point I mixed up

So that made it a success and no it will not break 1 million

Excuse me, the breaking even point was 250k that's the point I mixed up

So that made it a success and no it will not break 1 million
Why wont the rematch break a million? The buzz after the fight was huge people will tune in, most people are casuals and will follow whatever is talked about

Why wont the rematch break a million? The buzz after the fight was huge people will tune in, most people are casuals and will follow whatever is talked about

Nobody cares about either of these guys as far as casuals go
The rematch will definitely do better than the first numbers wise but over 1 million, nah. 500-650k if I'm being incredibly generous

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if tickets for this fight ended up on ticketing companies like House Seats or FillASeat.

This PPV deserves to be a massive flop.
$75 for fucking Adrien Broner and 2019s Manny Pacquiao? Fuck all the way off.

Pac Horn got 4 million on ESPN, just keep it on TV.
Pac/Horn was on TV because of the money Australia or whoever paid to get Manny to come there. if ESPN were the ones stuck footing what Manny got paid the fight doesn't happen.

Nobody cares about either of these guys as far as casuals go
The rematch will definitely do better than the first numbers wise but over 1 million, nah. 500-650k if I'm being incredibly generous
I though tit was one of the most searched fights on google and social media. it was also talked about a lot by casuals. They need to make the rematch asap while its still fresh in peoples minds and promote it again. I can easily see it do more thant 650k buys.

I though tit was one of the most searched fights on google and social media. it was also talked about a lot by casuals. They need to make the rematch asap while its still fresh in peoples minds and promote it again. I can easily see it do more thant 650k buys.
They'll Google search the shit out of it the day after the rematch too.
You're way too optimistic how many people will watch this fight

They'll Google search the shit out of it the day after the rematch too.
You're way too optimistic how many people will watch this fight
Whats wrong with being optimistic, is it better to be pessimistic?

Are you sure? I was there when he fought Brandon Rios and they said every fight is always free when he fights.
"Free" by way of waiting for 4 mins after every rd because of all the commercials. Or "Free" by "can't stop the internet".

"Free" by way of waiting for 4 mins after every rd because of all the commercials. Or "Free" by "can't stop the internet".

Free by the way that Pacquiao generally has a contract stipulation making it free in the Philippines... His last fight was free there, one of the major networks generally picks it up offsetting the cost. If you've ever been to the Philippines during a Pacquiao fight you'd see the streets completely empty, not a car in sight. But I'm guessing you haven't.
$18.22usd would be far to expensive for 90% of the Philippines to afford to watch it, that is the US cable price for there, not the free to air version 99% of the country will be watching.

Last edited:
Free by the way that Pacquiao generally has a contract stipulation making it free in the Philippines... His last fight was free there, one of the major networks generally picks it up offsetting the cost. If you've ever been to the Philippines during a Pacquiao fight you'd see the streets completely empty, not a car in sight. But I'm guessing you haven't.
$18.22usd would be far to expensive for 90% of the Philippines to afford to watch it, that is the US cable price for there, not the free to air version 99% of the country will be watching.
I'm philippians. During his heydays, the entire event would start at around 8:30 am and end at 5:30 pm just because of all the commercial. National anthem for the US, 5 min commercial. National anthem for the philippinian, another 5 minute commercials. Announce the fighters, 5 min commercials.

Philippians would rather watch them in the cinemas as they are actually live and cheaper or go to buffets that offer the PPV.

Well Its expected for your ppv to go down after you lose and a washed up.

What shocked me is how low Floyds last real boxing match did against Berto, it was like 500-600 thousand buys, he just had the biggest win of his career and promoted Berto as his last fight yet nobody cared, the weigh in was empty compared to his other weigh ins and the arena didn't sell out.

I would have thought his fight with Berto would have at least done 1.9 million buys since he just came off a massive ppv and win over Pacman, and was promoting it as his last.

After the Pac May disgust, and a non existent storyline, that no one expected him to lose.

That’s a win.

That aside...what are your thoughts on this fight?
Any interest or predictions?

I'm philippians. During his heydays, the entire event would start at around 8:30 am and end at 5:30 pm just because of all the commercial. National anthem for the US, 5 min commercial. National anthem for the philippinian, another 5 minute commercials. Announce the fighters, 5 min commercials.

Philippians would rather watch them in the cinemas as they are actually live and cheaper or go to buffets that offer the PPV.

I’m Philippians too.
(Paul 4:13)
(We can do all things through Jesus, who strengthens me)

I’m Philippians too.
(Paul 4:13)
(We can do all things through Jesus, who strengthens me)
2f49c851a722118e8f57bf6a09ef08f9.png

I don't see much promotion for this fight from PBC or on TV. Looks like the PPV will wind up a failure as well. (under 300,000 buys?)

This is not a good sign how will they be able to pay Pacman his 10 million guarantee if the ppv doesn't do well?

I turned down free tickets for that fight lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back