Rumored Pacquiao-Broner tickets not moving well, Low PPV presales a few days out and still not sold out

Well Its expected for your ppv to go down after you lose and a washed up.

What shocked me is how low Floyds last real boxing match did against Berto, it was like 500-600 thousand buys, he just had the biggest win of his career and promoted Berto as his last fight yet nobody cared, the weigh in was empty compared to his other weigh ins and the arena didn't sell out.

I would have thought his fight with Berto would have at least done 1.9 million buys since he just came off a massive ppv and win over Pacman, and was promoting it as his last.

Why? Who is Berto?? It takes two to tango. You need a good opponent. People won't just shell out to watch you outbox some nobody. It might be different if Floyd did spectacular KO's but he's safety first points guy. And while it's good to watch him do that to the best, like Manny, it's not so good to watch against no names like Berto. Everybody knows it's going to be an easy points victory against someone that doesn't have any hope in hell of beating him.

I miss those days when pay per view was 49.99

at least they used to adjust the PPV rate as well. For instance, a big fight was like $59.99, but the PPVs with Marquez vs Casamayor or like Barrera vs Juarez, Chavez Jr vs whomever were cheaper than the biggest fights to be made.

I mean, I think PPV sucks and Garcia vs Spence will be a failure, just as Ward's PPVs were. But they gonna keep trying I guess.

Does anyone know if Canelo vs 3G3 is going to be PPV or just DAZN? Fuck paying extra for that.

edit: DAZN for a year is what, 120? That should include 2-3 PPV worthy fights, with the subscription.

HBO provides a LOT more, so you cant just provide shit MMA, some what OK boxing, and other fringe sports for that price per month and expect to also do PPV

at least they used to adjust the PPV rate as well. For instance, a big fight was like $59.99, but the PPVs with Marquez vs Casamayor or like Barrera vs Juarez, Chavez Jr vs whomever were cheaper than the biggest fights to be made.

I mean, I think PPV sucks and Garcia vs Spence will be a failure, just as Ward's PPVs were. But they gonna keep trying I guess.

Does anyone know if Canelo vs 3G3 is going to be PPV or just DAZN? Fuck paying extra for that.

edit: DAZN for a year is what, 120? That should include 2-3 PPV worthy fights, with the subscription.

HBO provides a LOT more, so you cant just provide shit MMA, some what OK boxing, and other fringe sports for that price per month and expect to also do PPV
i remember those days of 29.99 ppv. i would pay 39.99 to see pac broner.

i remember those days of 29.99 ppv. i would pay 39.99 to see pac broner.
Yeah, I agree. I'd pay a LITTLE for Pac/Broner but not regular PPV price.

I'm gonna buy it.

PPV is pretty much dependent (nowadays) on how much stupidity you can raise and cause.

You still get the odd PPV hype with just a good fight - Gennady vs Clenelo.

But to get huge PPV numbers nowadays you need a circus and clowns to drum up interest.

I may wander down to a local bar playing it. For the prices they charge now, I want 5-6 quality fights.

This has FLOP written all over it. The only good news is that Pac will flush Broner (aka the human excrement) down the toilet. That alone is worth the price of the PPV.

I don't understand why it so expensive to watch in the states. it's like $49 in Aus

I don't understand why it so expensive to watch in the states. it's like $49 in Aus
wow lucky but its even cheaper in the UK they get it for free on ITV 4

And guess what you can find a stream online of that broadcast, so nobody is going to order this fight.

And British PPV is like 9 or something and the top end is 29 only they either get the fights free or cheap,

wow lucky but its even cheaper in the UK they get it for free on ITV 4

And guess what you can find a stream online of that broadcast, so nobody is going to order this fight.

And British PPV is like 9 or something and the top end is 29 only they either get the fights free or cheap,
It's $18.22 in the Philippinians.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I just can't see this fight drawing a lot of interest as it features an aging fighter who just lost to a mediocre fighter two fights ago in Pacquiao vs a chronic under-achiever in Broner. It might do OK in some areas of the country but it won't be an overall success IMO. I think it loses gobs of $$$.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I just can't see this fight drawing a lot of interest as it features an aging fighter who just lost to a mediocre fighter two fights ago in Pacquiao vs a chronic under-achiever in Broner. It might do OK in some areas of the country but it won't be an overall success IMO. I think it loses gobs of $$$.
Its looking that way, if you were to guess the buys how many do you think? Im going with under 300,000 buys

This PPV deserves to be a massive flop.
$75 for fucking Adrien Broner and 2019s Manny Pacquiao? Fuck all the way off.

Pac Horn got 4 million on ESPN, just keep it on TV.

That was well above their projected numbers though. For what they expected it was a success.
The projected numbers were 500,000 or more.

The rematch should break a million buys especially if they do it stateside

Ok? It still had more hype than this fight. That was my only point
Yeah wilder vs fury had lots of build up, yet only did 325 thousand buys. i was expected it to do like 650 thousand at least because i saw many sports shows buzzing about it and it being a heavyweight title fight in the city of movie stars.

Pac broner has zero buzz or promotion compared to tyson wilder, if this fight does more than 325 k buys it just shows the heavyweight division isnt really as big an impact maker as it used to be in boxing.

Back