Rumored Pacquiao-Broner tickets not moving well, Low PPV presales a few days out and still not sold out

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't see much promotion for this fight from PBC or on TV. Looks like the PPV will wind up a failure as well. (under 300,000 buys?)

This is not a good sign how will they be able to pay Pacman his 10 million guarantee if the ppv doesn't do well?

1.2m ppv buys.
Book it.

Realistically id say 500k

1.2m ppv buys.
Book it.

Realistically id say 500k

You really think 500,000? that is way to generous. The tickets are not selling like previous Pac fights, also the interest on the PPV is very low

His last American soil ppv against Jessie vargas I think did 225,000 ppv buys.

You really think 500,000? that is way to generous. The tickets are not selling like previous Pac fights, also the interest on the PPV is very low

His last American soil ppv against Jessie vargas I think did 225,000 ppv buys.

I’ll say 400-450k

Broner is the highest rating fighter for showtime. Love him or hate him he always delivers good numbers for showtime. He is no Vargas in that regard.

I’ll say 400-450k

Broner is the highest rating fighter for showtime. Love him or hate him he always delivers good numbers for showtime. He is no Vargas in that regard.
Thats interesting never knew that.

If the ppv does over 500,000 buys I will be shocked and consider that a success.

The ticket sales are usually a deciding factor or hint to how the ppv will sell.

Remember when Mayweather last fought a boxer? right after the dude sparring session letdown with him and Pac, his fight with Berto the weigh was kinda empty, and the arena wasn't even sold out

And then it was estimated to be around 500-600 thousand ppv buys which was very low for a Mayweather fight, it shows people were sour after that Pac fight you would think if Floyd was a huge draw and just beat Pac and was advertising the Berto fight as his last people would tune into see him in droves but instead they dindt care

Floyd Mayweather-Andre Berto PPV sales will reach 550,000 to 600,000 buys
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...es-will-reach-550000-to-600000-buys/99766208/

he got knocked out pretty viciously and the mediocre showing against Floyd. hell my girls filipino and no one in the family brought up the fight during the holidays.

what does keith mddlebrook have to say about this

It's one of those fights where I want to watch it and definitely would if it was on TV but there's no way I'm ordering a PPV for it.

Other than the Mayweather fight, Pacquiao’s numbers have been going downward since Marquez KO’ed him. His last 2 fights were on ESPN.

He used to do similar PPV buys to McGregor.

Other than the Mayweather fight, Pacquiao’s numbers have been going downward since Marquez KO’ed him. His last 2 fights were on ESPN.

He used to do similar PPV buys to McGregor.
Well Its expected for your ppv to go down after you lose and a washed up.

What shocked me is how low Floyds last real boxing match did against Berto, it was like 500-600 thousand buys, he just had the biggest win of his career and promoted Berto as his last fight yet nobody cared, the weigh in was empty compared to his other weigh ins and the arena didn't sell out.

I would have thought his fight with Berto would have at least done 1.9 million buys since he just came off a massive ppv and win over Pacman, and was promoting it as his last.

What shocked me is how low Floyds last real boxing match did against Berto, it was like 500-600 thousand buys, he just had the biggest win of his career and promoted Berto as his last fight yet nobody cared, the weigh in was empty compared to his other weigh ins and the arena didn't sell out.

I would have thought his fight with Berto would have at least done 1.9 million buys since he just came off a massive ppv and win over Pacman, and was promoting it as his last.
There was a lot of negativity towards Floyd after that and nobody thought Berto had a chance to even make it competitive. And for some reason I thought I remember seeing that the fight sold 400 000 so I'm actually pretty impressed with those numbers.

There was a lot of negativity towards Floyd after that and nobody thought Berto had a chance to even make it competitive. And for some reason I thought I remember seeing that the fight sold 400 000 so I'm actually pretty impressed with those numbers.
Showtime never released the official numbers for the fight, I heard 400,000 as well
But USA today said it was anywhere from 500 to 600 thousand.

pac has been finished as a big draw for years. this is not surprising at all.

He lost his aura years ago. I'm surprised they still treat him like a huge star.

Everyone thought he was joking when he first said he was considering Berto as an opponent. The disappointment from May-Pac probably factored in a bit too.

This is going to be a flop. Its not 2009. No one is THAT excited to see Pac fight.

PPV is on borrowed time. Plus Pacquaio isn't what he used to be and Broner isn't what he could be.

Could be a great fight even though this report is underwhelming.

It's tired, no one cares anymore.
This is going to be a flop. Its not 2009. No one is THAT excited to see Pac fight.
Haymon thinks pac is worth, eddie hearn said Pacman wanted big money and haymon paid for pacs 20 million tax issue as well. Only reason i think haymon signed an aging pacman is to get one of his welters to destroy him, since mayweather wouldnt fight any of them to risky for floyd and pac has losses and doesnt give a shit if he loses. So whoever beats pac becomes the new draw.

I higher level tickets start at $200. I live in Vegas and wanted to go but not at This price. I’ll go to a pub for $20 and catch the ppv

The hype will build on fight week. It was quiet for Fury and Wilder too until fight week.

Back