Pacman to fight two times in 2013

Absolutely nothing. The idea that he would be an okay fighter or a gatekeeper in any other era (even the Hearns, Duran, and Leonard era) is absurd. He may not have beaten every fighter in history, but there is no fighter who would have an easy time with him.

Anywho, with Pac's medical suspension, it is unlikely that he will fight twice this year. He probably will not fight again until September.
Manny is a great. Manny also goes nowhere near welter in the Leonard Hearns era, were he around in my opinion. He would have been a longtime champ at a lower weight. Just my thoughts.

Well, every concussion is different, but I think he should take the required time for his brain to recover. If he does not, he'll never be the same as before.

Between the Hatton & Cotto fight, that was Pac's prime. He would and could of beaten any fighter in history 147lbs and under.

If you think different, your lying to yourself.

Between the Hatton & Cotto fight, that was Pac's prime. He would and could of beaten any fighter in history 147lbs and under.

147 Hearns and Leonard say 'sup.

I do think different. Pacs prime was when he was fighting Barrera, Morales and the first couple of Marquez fights.

edit- I misread the post. No, there are guys Pac never would have beaten at 147.

Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Armstrong and a boatload of others say hello.

Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Armstrong and a boatload of others say hello.

I'd pick Pac over Duran and Armstrong and think Leonard would have a very tough time with it. Hearns would be Pac's toughest fight IMO. You have a huge welterweight who's size, speed, and power would be hard for Pac to deal with in a firefight.

The Great Emmanual Stewart even said so himself that Pacquiao is an all time great that he has witnessed not just great in one era.

He has KO power, speed, footwork, chin, heart, punch-output, and he never ducked one opponent in any division.

Jim Lampley also has said on numerous occasions that Pacquiao is the greatest offensive fighter he has covered in boxing.

Leonard would have raped Pac, stop being ridiculous. Leonard was the total package, so was Hearns. Both guys would have knocked the shit out of Pac at welterweight.

At WELTER, I'd pick Pac over Duran.

The Great Emmanual Stewart even said so himself that Pacquiao is an all time great that he has witnessed not just great in one era.

Stewart also compared Jorge Linares to Ray Robinson.

I hope Pac fights Bradley next. We need to end this non sense on this forum. It's literally the only forum or place I have seen where a good percentage of people thought Bradley won.

Ugh. This thread is going in that old familiar direction that I thought went extinct a year ago.

"Pacquiao could decision Hagler at 160!!!!! Deal with it!!!!"

Puke.

I hope Pac fights Bradley next. We need to end this non sense on this forum. It's literally the only forum or place I have seen where a good percentage of people thought Bradley won.

Every forum I've ever been to is obsessed with Pac aside from this one which is balanced.

I saw several people at boxingscene who thought Bradley won. Usually when its discussed, there are a few people who saw it for Bradley but then everyone brings up polls and press row and says no one but me saw it as a close fight.

I'd pick Pac over Duran and Armstrong and think Leonard would have a very tough time with it. Hearns would be Pac's toughest fight IMO. You have a huge welterweight who's size, speed, and power would be hard for Pac to deal with in a firefight.

Maybe @ 147, but in their native weight classes Pac has a very bad day, both times. Leonard would absolutely school him; you've got a guy with some of the fastest hands ever @ 147, is significantly bigger than Manny, can punch, can take a punch, and knows how to box; that spells disaster for Pacquiao.

Pretty sure everybody agrees that the Hearns fight would be a brutal mauling.

Last edited:
Every forum I've ever been to is obsessed with Pac aside from this one which is balanced.

I saw several people at boxingscene who thought Bradley won. Usually when its discussed, there are a few people who saw it for Bradley but then everyone brings up polls and press row and says no one but me saw it as a close fight.

I thought Pac won, but I definitely believe it was close enough to have gone either way. Wasn't too surprised at the decision, but would've leaned closer to a draw than a Bradley victory.

Edit:

I don't think Pac would've beaten any of those fighters. Duran would have a bad day w/ him @147, but he'd still come out the victor out of an awesome war. SRL is simply just much better than him and Hearns would destroy him, don't know enough about Armstrong to make a comment on that. And though it might be odd of me to say this... I actually think Pac would do quite okay against Hagler, moreso than he would against any of the other fighters mentioned. He'd certainly have more success than Duran. Yes, I know how crazy it sounds, but I truly believe so.

Last edited:

so you wouldnt consider manny an all time great? in 20 years time, his name will be up their, maybe below mayweather and marquez. wouldnt you agree. guys with alot more loses, less impressive wins and less titles have made it as greats.

so you wouldnt consider manny an all time great? in 20 years time, his name will be up their, maybe below mayweather and marquez. wouldnt you agree. guys with alot more loses, less impressive wins and less titles have made it as greats.

I think Manny will end up somewhere between 20 and 25, not much higher though; people tend to forget what titans he'll be competing with for the top spots on the p4p list.

He also said Paul Williams would beat Martinez because he was from the streets.

Love Manny, but he talked out of his ass a lot.

BTW I personally would consider Pac an all time great. His resume speaks for itself.

This is very true. Bradley's victory isn't seen by many as legitimate so I don't think Pac or his team feel any pressure for a rematch.

Back