Packed gym

Went to the gym a couple times over the last week and a half or so and it's down to about 25% of the people that were there a month ago. lol

This is exactly why I don't go to large commercial gyms. I always prefer small hole in the wall gyms.

I don't mind the commercial gyms because they're always open. It's a good trade off. The only thing that bothers me is not enough open floor space.

I don't mind the commercial gyms because they're always open. It's a good trade off. The only thing that bothers me is not enough open floor space.

The reason I hate almost all commercial gyms is that they normally have only one bench, one squat rack, no deadlift platform, no bumpers, but spend ridiculous amounts of money on useless machines and endless cardio machines. They also have dumbass rules like no chalk aloud, no deadlifting, shit like that.

I mentioned in post #3 itt that my gym was bought out and has become pussified. I'm just waiting for them to tell me no deadlifting. I will make things very weird for them when that happens.

I'm thinking about converting my cellar into a gym, it would take a fair bit of time and effort - but I love a good project.

If you were all real men you'd all push a grain grinding wheel for about 20 years instead of lollygagging around in some mamby pamby gym.

Worked for Conan

Holy shit this was hilarious.

Also, I was thinking pretty much the same thing, only instead of Conan, I envisioned Rocky from Rocky 4.

Gym? Get your asses to the mountains fellas.

Lol - what the hell is that supposed to even mean?

It means that fighters that are just okay should be focusing more on getting better in their technique rather than just getting in shape.

I converted my basement into a weight room, I got sick of competing for weights at the gym considering it's always crowded. For cardio, I still go to the gym by my place seeing as how it's only 10 bucks a month. There's always at least one machine open.

When I want to go super heavy, I'll still lift at the gym though, just to have a spotter. But tbh, I don't really go heavy anymore, I prefer lighter weight with higher reps.

I go after work every day, it's always packed. Everybody pays the same amount for their membership, being more dedicated or having a strong personal interest in strength training doesn't give anybody any greater claim to the gym they are paying to use, my opinion anyway. It's really lame for somebody to act like he owns the place when he's just another customer paying for the privilege of working out like everybody else.

Yeah, I work out at my boss's house. He has a sick ass power rack and an all around nice set up. It's actually way nicer than any gym in my town anyway.

I never have understood the "fuck the out of shape people" attitude though. I can understand hating a crowded gym, but those people are just trying to better themselves. Hating on them is a pretty dick headed thing to do.

The reason I hate almost all commercial gyms is that they normally have only one bench, one squat rack, no deadlift platform, no bumpers, but spend ridiculous amounts of money on useless machines and endless cardio machines. They also have dumbass rules like no chalk aloud, no deadlifting, shit like that.

yeah, this is definitely correct. My 24 hour has every possible thing you could want, except extra squat racks, leg machines, and more dumbbells.

I am not going to renew my membership and try to fix up the garage. I think it would be a lot funner working out at home anyways.

I plan on converting half of my garage when I move back to the states.

First thing I am buying is this.

http://www.powertecfitness.com/p-6-workbench-half-rack-wb-hr13.aspx

Pretty damn nice for only $489.

yeah, this is definitely correct. My 24 hour has every possible thing you could want, except extra squat racks, leg machines, and more dumbbells.

I am not going to renew my membership and try to fix up the garage. I think it would be a lot funner working out at home anyways.

Mine has 1 squat rack, and 1 power rack. I wish they had more.

I usually go late at night to avoid having to wait.

my gym has a huge cardio area and 1/3 of that size is the gym area. I can only go after work. I have to be an ass to get a bench for atleast 3 sets.

The worst part about all the newbies is that they have no idea of how they're supposed to act. They don't unrack the bars when they're done, they leave plates on the floor, and if someone miraculously does decide to put the weights away, they put them in the wrong place, so I have to remove 3 plates just to get to the one I need.

Not to mention they don't wipe their sweat off when they finish.

I really wish they would post some signs about gym etiquette, and then the staff should walk around once in a while and call people out on their bullshit. As it is now, they just sit behind a desk and do nothing all day, make them earn that money by policing people's behavior.

Pretty damn nice for only $489.

Mine has 1 squat rack, and 1 power rack. I wish they had more.

it's a little deceiving because it does not include weights, bar, bench or the cable portion of the rack. but it'll be worth it compared to what i'd spend on going to a gym, not to mention the time it takes to go to the gym.

plus i can grunt, yell, curse, play whatever type of music i want and throw the weights around with fear of repercussion.

Back