Packed gym

it's a little deceiving because it does not include weights, bar, bench or the cable portion of the rack. but it'll be worth it compared to what i'd spend on going to a gym, not to mention the time it takes to go to the gym.

plus i can grunt, yell, curse, play whatever type of music i want and throw the weights around with fear of repercussion.

Holy shit that is misleading. So what exactly are you getting for your $489? Just the yellow part?

it's a little deceiving because it does not include weights, bar, bench or the cable portion of the rack. but it'll be worth it compared to what i'd spend on going to a gym, not to mention the time it takes to go to the gym.

plus i can grunt, yell, curse, play whatever type of music i want and throw the weights around with fear of repercussion.

http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-989-c-8-workbench-half-rack.html

90 bucks less, depending on how much they'll fuck you in shipping and taxes from Canada. Probably worth looking into, though.

I have repect for anybody that comes to a gym trying to better themselves because it can be very intimitading for some people. I mean do you remebmer the first time you walked into a gym ? Yep , you didnt know what the f*ck you were doing. If you see someone that needs help , help him out. As simple as that. Lots of guys helped me out in the gym before , giving me some tips here and there , i thanked them for that.
Yes a crowed gym sucks , but it is what it is. Try to go a non peak hours if possible.

Hugely massive angry roid muncher looking guy at the gym the other day.

Both of us walking towards the bubbler (drink fountain), him slightly in front of me, he stops and says "you go first mate", it sure surprised the hell out of me.

i sprinted way faster than the local TKD demo team the other day, i would ran tha ass over!

Hugely massive angry roid muncher looking guy at the gym the other day.

Both of us walking towards the bubbler (drink fountain), him slightly in front of me, he stops and says "you go first mate", it sure surprised the hell out of me.

He sounds cool; you sound like a ****.

I had to switch to my old gym now that I quit my job and got another one closer to home. It wasnt as crowded as it use to be but I miss the other gym just because it happened to be located where there are alot of strip clubs.

The worst part about all the newbies is that they have no idea of how they're supposed to act. They don't unrack the bars when they're done, they leave plates on the floor, and if someone miraculously does decide to put the weights away, they put them in the wrong place, so I have to remove 3 plates just to get to the one I need.

Not to mention they don't wipe their sweat off when they finish.

I really wish they would post some signs about gym etiquette, and then the staff should walk around once in a while and call people out on their bullshit. As it is now, they just sit behind a desk and do nothing all day, make them earn that money by policing people's behavior.

I believe I spend about 20 minutes of each work out trying to find where some jackass put the weights. 20s where 50s are etc. Hell sometimes the bench bar isnt even there its just thrown somewhere. There are even signs up asking people not to do this. Barely anyone listens.

yeah, this is definitely correct. My 24 hour has every possible thing you could want, except extra squat racks, leg machines, and more dumbbells.

I am not going to renew my membership and try to fix up the garage. I think it would be a lot funner working out at home anyways.

Not only that, think of the possibilities of a home gym. Besides the basics such as power rack, bench, and dumbells, you can get bumper plates, strongman equipment, all sorts of cool shit.

Nothings more annoying than when your arrive to the gym all pumped up for leg day and you have to wait 20 mins to use a squat rack.

Nothings more annoying than when your arrive to the gym all pumped up for leg day and you have to wait 20 mins to use a squat rack.

My old gym in Austin had six squat racks. I never had to wait :icon_twis There was maybe one time I had to wait, but it was because people were actually squatting not curling.

The worst part about all the newbies is that they have no idea of how they're supposed to act. They don't unrack the bars when they're done, they leave plates on the floor, and if someone miraculously does decide to put the weights away, they put them in the wrong place, so I have to remove 3 plates just to get to the one I need.

Not to mention they don't wipe their sweat off when they finish.

I really wish they would post some signs about gym etiquette, and then the staff should walk around once in a while and call people out on their bullshit. As it is now, they just sit behind a desk and do nothing all day, make them earn that money by policing people's behavior.

Can understand the sweat part. But a gym person complaining about lifting weights to lift weights?

Both of my brothers like going to the gym, but it's not for me. Too crowded, you have wait for equipment, there are distractions, traveling back and forth from home to gym, you can't fart when squatting, etc.

Gym membership you have to keep paying for every month (or whatever) - a bench, bars, and plates you only buy once and, much like herpes, it's yours forever. The bars and especially the plates I've bought should still be perfect to use when I'm long dead, so it really is a good investment.

Plus, I find you can always avoid going to the gym - hell, you don't even have to drive past it... but if I see weights that I paid for collecting dust, it makes me realize I need to use them.

I have repect for anybody that comes to a gym trying to better themselves because it can be very intimitading for some people. I mean do you remebmer the first time you walked into a gym ? Yep , you didnt know what the f*ck you were doing. If you see someone that needs help , help him out. As simple as that. Lots of guys helped me out in the gym before , giving me some tips here and there , i thanked them for that.
Yes a crowed gym sucks , but it is what it is. Try to go a non peak hours if possible.

Yeah, I always see people new to gym walking around confused and intimidated. I feel bad for them.

I am more and more grateful for my freshman soccer coach for teaching us how to bench. At age 14 I knew how you were supposed to spot, how you're supposed to lift, what it's supposed to look like, etc. Obviously I've learned a lot of shit on my own since but a whole bunch of people at the gym are in their mid 20s and older and have no clue.

The great thing about the Smith Machine is most people at my gym choose that over the squat rack.

Do you even lift?

4193381.jpeg

Back