Packed crowd for Mighty Mouse Q&A

I don't know what world you're living in, but i see a collective rejoicing from white guys when they see a black guy who doesn't act like the "stereotypical black guy." It's really just a mixture between the division, his boring style for most of his career, and the fact that he should have lost to Ian McCall in their first match. And nobody likes Ian McCall so you can't claim bias there. His really annoying motor-mouth tendencies don't help either.

Personally, I probably have a lot in common with him when it comes to gaming and interests, but he's just not interesting. Weak division, boring fights for the most part, it's just not my style nor that of many people.
Yea I hate watching elite MMArtists who exhibit technical brilliance and can finish the fight standing and on the ground. How boring.

I bet you're a Cruz fan.

that was sad, I bet if it was some mediocre guy with good trash talk the place would be full of idiots making stupid questions and getting stupid answers
Nope. It would still be a Fight Night in Utah headlined by Alex Caceres vs Yair Rodriguez.

Last edited:
Yea I hate watching elite MMArtists who can finish the fight standing and on the ground. How boring.

I bet you're a Cruz fan.
Honestly no. I'm actually extremely anti-Cruz, don't like him at all, and think that Dillashaw should've gotten the nod, even though people think that's delusional nuthuggery; not really the biggest fan of either though. I'm also a short guy myself, like 5'7", so it's not some size bias thing by any means. But finishing on the ground and standing doesn't mean much when, other than impressively finishing Benavidez, the guys you're finishing are Henry Cejudo (who had zero UFC finishes and only finished a couple guys in regional fights), Kyoji Horiguchi (who hadn't beaten anyone in even the top 15), Chris Cariaso (who defeated such "world beaters" as Iliarde Santos(?) and Danny Martinez(?) to get a title shot), or John Moraga (who only had 2 fights outside of the regional circuit before fighting MM).

The division is new, extremely weak, and isn't getting any new fighters who are halfway decent; if people accepted this and stopped touting MM as this world beating, p4p #1 monster, I GUARANTEE you that people would like him a lot more. But when you have delusional nuthuggers talking about how he's the most amazing mixed martial artist ever, it makes you really start to be annoyed him, and not even by any fault of his own. If people just accepted the context of an extremely weak division, he would be much more liked.

Honestly no. I'm actually extremely anti-Cruz, don't like him at all, and think that Dillashaw should've gotten the nod, even though people think that's delusional nuthuggery; not really the biggest fan of either though. I'm also a short guy myself, like 5'7", so it's not some size bias thing by any means. But finishing on the ground and standing doesn't mean much when, other than impressively finishing Benavidez, the guys you're finishing are Henry Cejudo (who had zero UFC finishes and only finished a couple guys in regional fights), Kyoji Horiguchi (who hadn't beaten anyone in even the top 15), Chris Cariaso (who defeated such "world beaters" as Iliarde Santos(?) and Danny Martinez(?) to get a title shot), or John Moraga (who only had 2 fights outside of the regional circuit before fighting MM).
I think it means something. DJ is the only only guy to finish Benavidez/Horiguchi/Cejudo/Moraga and probably would have handed Ali his only finish if he wasn't roided to the gills and Dodson if he didn't milk a knee to the liver. Either way he beat up Dodson worse than he's ever been in over 20 fights. I've never even seen that guy bleed before he fought DJ.

I don't understand how any of that makes him boring. If you don't think these fighters are any good, wouldn't the exciting thing be to finish them? It's not like he's decisioning overmatched flyweights like Cruz has done in the past.

The division is new, extremely weak, and isn't getting any new fighters who are halfway decent; if people accepted this and stopped touting MM as this world beating, p4p #1 monster, I GUARANTEE you that people would like him a lot more. But when you have delusional nuthuggers talking about how he's the most amazing mixed martial artist ever, it makes you really start to be annoyed him, and not even by any fault of his own. If people just accepted the context of an extremely weak division, he would be much more liked.
Depends on what you consider weak. I've seen people lump Ali Bagautinov into that category and he was good enough to beat Lineker who is now a top 5 BW. Seems like people crap on his level of competition because they don't know who these fighters are. Even Cariaso and Reis have wins over top 10 bantams. Reis would probably have two if he wasn't stood up against Alcantara in the first round as he was fishing for an arm-triangle which was one of the most egregiously bad referee calls I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I think it means something. DJ is the only only guy to finish Benavidez/Horiguchi/Cejudo/Moraga and probably would have handed Ali his only finish if he wasn't roided to the gills and Dodson if he didn't milk a knee to the liver. Either way he beat up Dodson worse than he's ever been.
For the record, Ali was on EPO, which could be considered a bit more impressive, since EPO is IMO a much better performance drug, as it gives you ridiculous cardio, but the impressiveness is lessened slightly by the fact that it's pretty damn easy to have good cardio at 125 lbs without it. But I digress.

I'm not saying he sucks, don't get me wrong, he's an excellent fighter, but you can't rightfully rank him as equal with guys having success in divisions that are well established, and all the people talking about him being this incredible destroyer don't understand this and their constant praise turns a lot of people off. Nobody in boxing is lauding Minimumweight champions for example. Even guys like Manny Pacquiao nobody really cared about until he moved up from Featherweight. You look at a list of the best modern boxers at 125 and nearly every name ends in "-ez" because outside of those latin or Indoesian countries, where boxing is huge, there really aren't many people at that size. And MMA is practically unknown in those places so they don't even have a talent pool that size.

It would be like being the best male fighter at 95 lbs; there really just isn't enough talent there to properly compare. Or if you construe that as small size bias, let's say the best fighter at 400 lbs; again, there just isn't enough talent there to rank someone like that properly. When you're fighting guys plucked from the regional circuit, with no wins even in the top 15, never mind the top 10 or 5, it lessens the awe factor. Sure, beating Benavidez and Dodson is awesome an shows immense skill, but these are just two guys.

For the record, Ali was on EPO, which could be considered a bit more impressive, since EPO is IMO a much better performance drug, as it gives you ridiculous cardio, but the impressiveness is lessened slightly by the fact that it's pretty damn easy to have good cardio at 125 lbs without it. But I digress.

I'm not saying he sucks, don't get me wrong, he's an excellent fighter, but you can't rightfully rank him as equal with guys having success in divisions that are well established, and all the people talking about him being this incredible destroyer don't understand this and their constant praise turns a lot of people off. Nobody in boxing is lauding Minimumweight champions for example. Even guys like Manny Pacquiao nobody really cared about until he moved up from Featherweight. You look at a list of the best modern boxers at 125 and nearly every name ends in "-ez" because outside of those latin or Indoesian countries, where boxing is huge, there really aren't many people at that size. And MMA is practically unknown in those places so they don't even have a talent pool that size.

It would be like being the best male fighter at 95 lbs; there really just isn't enough talent there to properly compare. Or if you construe that as small size bias, let's say the best fighter at 400 lbs; again, there just isn't enough talent there to rank someone like that properly. When you're fighting guys plucked from the regional circuit, with no wins even in the top 15, never mind the top 10 or 5, it lessens the awe factor. Sure, beating Benavidez and Dodson is awesome an shows immense skill, but these are just two guys.
The guy in boxing being lauded as a P4P king right now is Chocolatito(115) and Lomachenko(126) is also being hyped. Why are you putting DJ at minimumweight which is like 100 pounds?

I don't get it. I even almost understand if people don't want to watch "midgets bang", like some people here put it, but his interviews are gold. He's very insightful and usually has the correct opinion on most matters. And by correct opinion I mean that he agrees with me. People should be more interested in what he has to say even if they're not interested in his fights.

But they should be more interested in his fights as well.

The guys in boxing getting lauded the most right now are Chocolatito(115) and Lomachenko(126). Why are you putting DJ at minimumweight which is like 100 pounds?

Don't forget my G.

As the master race and rulers of the entire planet we can do whatever we want. What are you gonna do to stop us?
Import millions of refugees into your countries.

Last edited:
The guy in boxing getting lauded as a P4P king right now is Chocolatito(115) and Lomachenko(126) is alsdo being hyped. Why are you putting DJ at minimumweight which is like 100 pounds?
That's not entirely true. Chocolatito is just getting the MM treatment by The Ring. He's also only the first guy at that weight to ever make the list, and considering he is one of the Ring's champions, and coincidentally 3 of the 5 Ring champions are on the p4p list, it's an obvious hype job. It's actually quite controversial, and nobody outside of them and boxing hipsters take it seriously from everything I've read in the last year. And Lomachenko's hype is mostly because of the speed of his title win in comparison to his actual pro record. It's a Brock Lesnar situation, where they both won titles in just a few matches and people thought they were the greatest. Few outside of the Ring takes that seriously, but even if you disagree with everything I just said, I can even accept that, as they still have a bigger talent pool than MM.

I used minimumweight, partially because it was Chocolatito's original weight class where he wasn't recognized at all, but mostly because it more accurately compares the two sports. Both are he smallest classes in their sport, and boxing has respectable talent pools at lower weights comparable to MMA because, like I said, in countries where people are regularly that small, boxing is huge. MMA, however, is not even on their radar and thus MM is mostly just fighting the Bantamweight rejects mixed with a couple awesome dudes. Including those small weight classes in boxing p4p has been controversial for as long as I've watched boxing for all the reasons listed here.

Discrediting Lomachenko, lol. ^

That's not entirely true. Chocolatito is just getting the MM treatment by The Ring. He's also only the first guy at that weight to ever make the list, and considering he is one of the Ring's champions, and coincidentally 3 of the 5 Ring champions are on the p4p list, it's an obvious hype job. It's actually quite controversial, and nobody outside of them and boxing hipsters take it seriously from everything I've read in the last year. And Lomachenko's hype is mostly because of the speed of his title win in comparison to his actual pro record. It's a Brock Lesnar situation, where they both won titles in just a few matches and people thought they were the greatest. Few outside of the Ring takes that seriously, but even if you disagree with everything I just said, I can even accept that, as they still have a bigger talent pool than MM.

I used minimumweight, partially because it was Chocolatito's original weight class where he wasn't recognized at all, but mostly because it more accurately compares the two sports. Both are he smallest classes in their sport, and boxing has respectable talent pools at lower weights comparable to MMA because, like I said, in countries where people are regularly that small, boxing is huge. MMA, however, is not even on their radar and thus MM is mostly just fighting the Bantamweight rejects mixed with a couple awesome dudes. Including those small weight classes in boxing p4p has been controversial for as long as I've watched boxing for all the reasons listed here.
Only person MM fought who could be considered a bantamweight reject was Cariaso and even he was ranked in the top 10 at one point and holds a win over Miz and a split loss to Mayday. He's actually fared worse at FLW than BW. No one else could be considered a BW reject.

Wow...that's truly sad. I feel for him. But I know he doesn't give a shit. Did he give an injury update?

Roman being the P4P #1 isnt very controversial and most ppl who actually follow boxing have him there too.

And this is exactly how the UFC can justify paying MM peanuts. They can just bring up the fact that he drew 4 people to hi Q&A and to shut up and be happy with his pay. I don't think MM has ever complained about hi pay though. He knows whats up.

Back