Pac and Khan discuss possible fight

Boxing has always been about what sells, baby. You, as a fan, need to not presume to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.

Boxing hasnt always been about what sells, thats a new phenomenon.

You should read up on boxing history more and look through rose tinted glasses less.

Fans back then were much more keen on talent, they weren't concerned about fighter's personal finances and what matchups would sell the most.

Fans back then were much more keen on talent, they weren't concerned about fighter's personal finances and what matchups would sell the most.

And you're basing what fans were interested in on what? You think it's a recent phenomenon that fighters with more charisma became bigger stars?

Go read up on the history of how boxing was promoted from the late 19th century onwards. If you still think after doing so that the aim of the game has not always been to draw money, then I envy your idealism, my sweet summer child.

And you're basing what fans were interested in on what? You think it's a recent phenomenon that fighters with more charisma became bigger stars?

Go read up on the history of how boxing was promoted from the late 19th century onwards. If you still think after doing so that the aim of the game has always been to draw money, then I envy your idealism, my sweet summer child.

"What sells" is not exactly charisma, Pacquiao and all these Mexican fighters have a huge following based on their ethnicity, they have no charisma. Floyd really doesnt have much charisma either, dude was so annoying in his early years that everybody paid to see him get knocked out, he slowly converted those haters into fans when they realized his talent.

If Floyd turns Pac down again it'd be hilarious if he signed to fight Khan. Besides, it would be very entertaining, action wise.

Pacquiao and Floyd have charisma. Pacquiao not being a wordsmith doesn't mean that he's not charismatic. As for Floyd not being a draw in his early days? Neither was Steve Austin in pro wrestling in WCW; folk also thought that he lacked charisma. Funnily enough a change of persona directed by him changed all of that.

But we digress. Your original point was wrong. What sells has always been at the heart of boxing. Boxing in the late 19th/early 20th century was equal parts sporting contest and vaudeville theatre. Selling tickets was always important. As the decades went by television ratings were also important, and then PPV buy rates. You can believe that it's a recent trend all you want. It's not.

And Khan is still getting knocked out by Pacquiao.

I'm going to have to disagree with my boxing regular brethern.

Amir Khan is the real deal...his tooling of Devon Alexander was the best performance of his in recent years..

yes, he still makes the same fundamental errors...but he would be a legit opponent against PBF or Pac.

Floyd vs Khan-

. It's a bullshit fight and I absolutely am not paying for it.

Pac vs the same guy-

Besides, it would be very entertaining, action wise.

130.gif

I'm going to have to disagree with my boxing regular brethern.

Amir Khan is the real deal...his tooling of Devon Alexander was the best performance of his in recent years..

yes, he still makes the same fundamental errors...but he would be a legit opponent against PBF or Pac.

I don't think Pac dominates him - just that he eventually stops Khan.

If this does happen, hopefully they do it in the UK in a soccer stadium.

it's a decent fight for sure. The only thing is that I can't help but see Khan get KOd. He can go toe to toe with Mayweather for a few rounds because Mayweather isn't guaranteed to go for the kill. Pac will go for the kill.

it's funny, Khan is a worse matchup for floyd than Pac, but Danny Garcia (the other guy people want to see vs Pac/Mayweather) is a worse matchup for Pac than he is for Floyd

it's a decent fight for sure. The only thing is that I can't help but see Khan get KOd. He can go toe to toe with Mayweather for a few rounds because Mayweather isn't guaranteed to go for the kill. Pac will go for the kill.

it's funny, Khan is a worse matchup for floyd than Pac, but Danny Garcia (the other guy people want to see vs Pac/Mayweather) is a worse matchup for Pac than he is for Floyd

Anyone that isn't Manny is somehow a blatant mismatch in Floyd's favor, while being a great fight for Manny. Of course styles make fights, but if Danny Garcia doesn't have the tools to beat Floyd, Manny is another animal that I don't believe he can handle.

Khan only became a "good opponent" when Floyd fought Maidana. Before the first fight, Khan didn't deserve the fight.

Anyone that isn't Manny is somehow a blatant mismatch in Floyd's favor, while being a great fight for Manny.

Khan only became a "good opponent" when Floyd fought Maidana. Before the first fight, Khan didn't deserve the fight.

when did I say that?

I've always thought that Khan provides an interesting stylistic challenge for floyd, just an unproven one. Really, if Floyd and Pac don't fight each other, I'd rather see Khan/Floyd and Pac/Garcia

when did I say that?

I've always thought that Khan provides an interesting stylistic challenge for floyd, just an unproven one. Really, if Floyd and Pac don't fight each other, I'd rather see Khan/Floyd and Pac/Garcia

Sorry, I meant that in general. Didn't mean to direct that at you.

Floyd vs Khan-

Pac vs the same guy-

130.gif

Pac vs Khan would be all action for as long as it lasted. Mayweather vs Khan wouldn't.

I don't know what you were trying to point out with your post but you wound up looking like a total doofus once again. Find that Clottey video yet Seanocchio??

Pac vs Khan would be all action for as long as it lasted. Mayweather vs Khan wouldn't.

I don't know what you were trying to point out with your post but you wound up looking like a total doofus once again. Find that Clottey video yet Seanocchio??

Yes, you already saw the Clottey video. We've been over this.

That has nothing to do with your hypocrisy.

Yes, you already saw the Clottey video. We've been over this.

Nope. We've seen you say there was a video and then claim you couldn't find it.

But if you find it, do let me know! I'll be here waiting!

Back