Crime PA man found with assault weapons in his truck

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's facing up to 28 years in prison. He had a New Jersey firearms ID card but it was obtained 35 years ago.

https://www.njherald.com/20190908/pa-man-found-with-assault-weapons

A search of the vehicle found a Marlin firearms bolt-action rifle, a Colt M4 carbine assault rifle with collapsible stock with pistol grip, a Palmetto State Armory AR-15 assault rifle with collapsible stock with pistol grip, a C2 Arms handgun and one Ruger handgun. The trooper also found a large capacity magazine and a large amount of hollow point ammunition, the affidavit states.

While at the State Police barracks in Augusta, Barnes indicated there was an additional handgun inside the vehicle. Troopers located within the vehicle an additional Ruger 1911 handgun, six additional high capacity magazines and additional hollow point ammunition.

Police say Barnes had a New Jersey firearms ID card but it was obtained 35 years ago with a Kinnelon address.

If convicted on all charges, he is facing up to 28 years in prison.

Arresting and convicting a person through unconstitutional laws is tyranny. I feel so much safer now.

Not sure what the laws are in PA, but it may be a fun situation where if you get caught without a state permit you are fucked.

Wait...hes facing 28 years for 3 rifles and 3 handguns???
Fuck, I'm never leaving missouri. We go out to a friends property to shoot and usually bring 5 times as much stuff. That's crazy talk.

"A trooper observed ammunition and a weapons case on his passenger seat"

A significant detail.

The most disturbing part of all of this is people owning anything made by Ruger aside from a 10/22.

You can't go on the offensive without a collapsible stock and pistol grip. Do you even mass shooting, bro?
To be fully transparent, I have no idea what a collapsible stock or a pistol grip are

But they sound terrifying. Thank God they got this man and these things off the streets.

The article doesnt say what laws he broke. Anyone?

Yah, it sounds like the guy didn't have the permits needed to carry the firearms the way that he was. Lock that shit up, store it away unless you have a permit to carry. It ain't rocket science.

Edit: Hold up, he got busted in NJ? Yah, best of luck to him. That state is a god damned gun owners nightmare. They don't care how many licenses you have or dont need in your home state.

Wait...hes facing 28 years for 3 rifles and 3 handguns???
Fuck, I'm never leaving missouri. We go out to a friends property to shoot and usually bring 5 times as much stuff. That's crazy talk.

News articles always tell the maximums to make the story more juicy.

Doesn't mean that's the sentence they're likely to get, just what they hypothetically could get

To be fully transparent, I have no idea what a collapsible stock or a pistol grip are

But they sound terrifying. Thank God they got this man and these things off the streets.

Those things make the bullets more deadly. Flash-hiders too.

The article doesnt say what laws he broke. Anyone?

Yes it does, in the second paragraph.

Peter E. Barnes, 69, was charged Wednesday by the State Police with second-degree possession of an assault firearm, second-degree possession of a handgun without having obtained a permit to carry, third-degree possession of a rifle without having obtained a firearms purchaser identification card, fourth-degree knowingly possessing hollow nose bullets and fourth-degree possessing a large capacity ammunition magazine.

Imagine what they could have found in the bed of that mans truck if not for the bump stock ban. I'm literally shaking in fear at the thought.

Back