P4P Non-Champion Rankings

hi-res-6759362_crop_exact.jpg

Quality pick. Unlike many other choices mentioned on this thread, this dude actually has an impressive win streak in his own weight class, with brutal finishes of 2 legit contenders within one year.

1. Phil Baroni
2. Frankie Edgar
3. JDS
4. Cormier
5. Overeem

So anytime you personally disagree with a decision then that overrides who actually got his hand raised? That's asinine. I thought Edgar should have gotten the decision in the rematch at least, but he didn't, and that's what matters.

I'm not saying my opinion is the end off be all of judgements for MMA fighting. All I said was that edgar beat bendo twice, when watching the fight thats what I saw.

I'm not crusading to get the fights overturned but fuck me for having an opinion that differs from the judges.

1. Edgar
2. Hendo
3. the rest

Both guys fighting outside their fight class and dominating/in the top 3 of that class easily. No one else can say that, champions included. If 80% of Sherdog thought Edgar beat Bendo in the last fight and Bendo is much bigger than Edgar... what do you think happens if they are the same size? Yet people will rank Bendo in the top 5 P4P and then claim outrage when Edgar is the in the top of a NON-CHAMP P4P? Get outta here...

1. Fedor PRIME
2. Fedor post-Pride
3. Fedor Strikeforce
4. Fedor current
5. Fedor 5 years from today.

This is already exists, of course. All p4p lists include non-champions so just exclude the champs and you have your list.

I LOVE this thread!

My list follows:

1- Edgar - A Tiny LW achieved a world title. Will be definatevely a HUGE factor on his natural division (FW) from now on.

2- Machida: A Natural MW that can still own at LHW. He would be the champion if not for the beast called Jones.

3- JDS: Still think he is the best HW on the planet.

4- Hendo: Same as Machida, Hendo is not huge and could fight at MW.

5- Maynard: Very well rounded guy. I can see him beating Bendo (nor easy task tough) and would beat any other LW on the planet.

6- Sonnen

7- Rashad

8- Condit

9- Dodson

10- Weidman

You are not the champ until you beat the champ in my eyes. I would allow him to be on the list.

So if Cruz retires from the sport due to injury or continues to be out indefinitely, how does Barao or someone else ever get to be champ? Could there ever be another UFC BW champ in your eyes?

Explain how this works to me.

They would be past champions, like fedor. Even though he can only beat cans, he did cut a lot of hieght. Yes, I train UFC. Just bleed your own blood

you may train ufc, but do you bang, bro?

Machida
Rashad
Hendo

Back