P4P Non-Champion Rankings

Crockett

Hazuki Style
@Orange
Reaction score
Thoughts on best fighters p4p who don't hold a belt?

1. Dos Santos
2. Machida
3. Evans
4. Edgar
5. Condit

1. Frankie Edgar
2. Daniel Cormier
3. JDS
4. Alistair Overeem
5. Rashad Evans

They would be past champions, like fedor. Even though he can only beat cans, he did cut a lot of hieght. Yes, I train UFC. Just bleed your own blood

1. JDS
2. Hendo
3. Machida
4. Hendricks
5. Condit
6. Overeem
7. Cormier
8. Edgar
9. Rashad
10. Gustafsson

hi-res-6759362_crop_exact.jpg

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at..

not trolling, but some clarification would help.

Most people think he won his last fight (some would suggest he won the fight before it, as well). Those fights were for the UFC LW title. Therefore, it can be assumed that most people think he deserves to be the UFC LW champion.

Edgar is a good pick for number one. A featherweight that could move up and beat the LW champion (Ben is my favorite fighter, but the second fight was close enough that Edgar is still arguably the champ)

Hendricks is also a great pick. The guy has a better win streak right now than the champ of his division lol. And let's face it, p4p should mean the guy who can demonstrate great skills against people bigger than him, and Hendricks is a puny welterweight compared to most of the guys at his level.

Urijah Faber has to be on this list dude. He'd could move back up to featherweight and beat almost everyone imo. Not Aldo obviously, and Edgar would outscore him, but i mean, c'mon, look at the dude's resume.

A lot of people have JDS in their rankings. I think that's fair. The guy is so far above most of the division. So dangerous, yeah, regardless of weight, that is terrifying.

Poor Machida and Rashad. Two of the top 3 light heavyweights and they really should be middleweights. They deserve spots on this list.

Jon Fitch imo deserves a spot. Just for being Jon Fitch.

And I'm gonna put Sonnen on the list too. There's not a ton of logic for this placement, I just think the guy is one of the toughest almost-champs of all time.

Any respectable list of p4p isn't complete without BJ Penn.

1. Frankie Edgar
2. JDS
3. Nick Diaz
4. Lyoto Machida
5. Renan Barao

Many seem to think that Condit is the second best WW. I don't. There are few guys better than him.

HW: JDS, Cormier, Overeem
LHW: Machida, Evans, Henderson
MW: Weidman
WW: Hendricks
LW: Pettis
FW: Edgar

Imo the best fighters in the world today (most in\near top 10) to never hold a major (UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce, Pride, WEC, Tachi) title include:

Anthony Johnson
Johny Hendricks
Donald Cerrone
Phil Davis
Joseph Benavidez
Alexander Gustafson
Glover Teixera
Chris Weidman
Costa Phillipou
Demian Maia (welterweight version lol)
Mike Pierce
Gray Maynard