P4P MuayThai King Saenchai Calls Out Conor Mcgregor

Conor murders him in MMA and Muay Thai.

Saenchai is all time p4p thai fighter, but hes only 135 pounds and 5'6.

Conor would out box him in a thai fight, and finish him KO.

P4P the most retarded thing I have heard on Sherdog since 2009.

Saenchai is my idea of a perfect striker

Asians fighting Asians inflates their egos. Same phenomenon occurs at Team Alpha Male.

lol saenchai would lit mcgregor up @ 145, saenchai is known for fighting people taller then him. there's a reason why a lot of mma greats and former champions emulate the muay thai style as their striking. there's also buakaw,yodsanklai and now upcoming stars like sitthichai that travel international to beat the best the west has got to offer

Point?

He's been an elite Muay Thai fighter for 20 years. Muay Thai in Thaialnd has far more talent and is more competitive than kickboxing.

I have to admit, I'm not an expert in pure standup martial arts, yet I would appreciate any kind of proof to this statement of yours.

Asians fighting Asians inflates their egos. Same phenomenon occurs at Team Alpha Male.
Saenchai only fights Westerners above his weight class to make it more competitive. He is along with Mayweather and Rigondeaux the three best strikers in the world right now.

Conor doesnt even sniff this discussion.

Muay Thai is just lazy American Boxing. No head movement, no ring craft, just meet in the center of the ring and bang, someone falls down, reset. WOW! so hard.

Well, McGregor would always have the grappling choice. This is the cool thing about MMA.
Conor's grappling is not that good and he loves to strike, just doesn't have as many weapons.

Muay Thai is just lazy American Boxing. No head movement, no ring craft, just meet in the center of the ring and bang, someone falls down, reset. WOW! so hard.

Why dont you go fight a mt fighter?

Wow sherdogers shitting on Saenchai. One of the pound for pound greats ever in stand-up fighting. Conors got a ways to go to be considered on Saenchais level.

lol seems like everybody who is well trained knows that Conor has terrible kicking technique.

we seen it alot your amazing at your art but its a whoooooleeee nother ball game when your in the octagon

I have to admit, I'm not an expert in pure standup martial arts, yet I would appreciate any kind of proof to this statement of yours.

The two main arenas for Muay Thai (Rajadamnern and Lumpinee) holds a show everyday. A bunch of TV channels hold shows weekly that are separate from the main stadiums. Were talking well over 100 fights a week just from this, and that's a drop in he bucket on the national scale.

Just look at how many Muay Thai gyms are in Thailand. These are gyms that are specifically for fighters and producing fighters. What does that say, 2500? 2500 Muay Thai gyms! These kids start out before 10 and have over a hundred fights before they can even fight in the main stadiums of Muay Thai, and obviously most never get there.

http://www.muaythai2000.com/en/map.php

Look at kickboxing rankings. The #1 ranked featherweight kickboxer (Kaew Fairtex) is an overthehill Muay Thai fighter who dropped off in Muay Thai before gong to kickboxing. Buakaw was a good but nothing special Muay Thai fighter. Went to K-1 and was instantly dominant. Same goes for Sitthichai. Merely good in competitive Muay Thai, but goes up in weight and is now a P4P kickboxer.

For some reason lots of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around THAIland being the place for Muay THAI. I mean, it's there sport.

Muay Thai is an organized sport that doesn't rely on promotions in the way kickboxing does.

Misleading title, he didn't even call out Conor. The interviewer ask him if he were to fight Conor would he win, of course hes going to say yes. You can tell 90% of the people that respond to op, didn't even bother to watch the video..

There are 3 former Lumpinee Muay Thai champions (Amnat Ruenroeng, Wanheng Menayothin, Knockout CP Freshmart) who hold world titles in boxing RIGHT NOW, and a couple more elite fighters (Jomthong chuwattana, Panomrunglek Kiatmuu9) who have fought for world titles in the last year or so. Many more over the years. On top of that, basically every Thai that has won a world title in boxing, came from Muay Thai.

Somrak Khamsing was an elite Muay Thai fighter and won an Olympic gold in boxing. Wijan Ponljd was a Muay Thai champion and won gold in the Olympics in boxing. Isarra Sakkreerin Muay Thai champion who won an Olympic medal. More top level Muay Thai fighters who have been in the Olympics and world championships. Right now Superbank Sakchaichote will be qualifying for the Olympics next month.

You're making the classic mistake of not understanding that what works in boxing is not applicable to Muay Thai. Head movement and slick boxing movement is irrelevant for Muay Thai. Muay Thai is more based on anticipation, and fighting a certain way for consistent success is usually required. Doesn't mean they can't box western style.

Fact is tons of Muay Thai fighters with what you call "lazy American boxing" transfer to boxing and do just fine. Different sports. Learn.

Last edited:
Conor murders him in MMA and Muay Thai.

Saenchai is all time p4p thai fighter, but hes only 135 pounds and 5'6.

Conor would out box him in a thai fight, and finish him KO.

Conor's leg would break in half the second he kicked Saenchai.

Muay Thai and MMA are completely different sports, but it's more likely a great Thai fighter, like Saenchai would succeed in MMA easier than it would be for an MMA fighter to succeed in Muay Thai.

They've got many of the same variables, both quick, both explosive, both have amazing balance, but Saenchai YourAdHere, even with the height and weight disadvantage, is just built to be a better fighter, and Conor's chicken leg's wouldn't handle his kicks.

I doubt Conor would finish, in Muay Thai, a guy who hasn't been finished by anyone before. In MMA, if Conor showed some wrestling and BJJ skill, then he'd have a good chance of finishing him that way.

Ther are 3 former Lumpinee Muay Thai champions (Amnat Ruenroeng, Wanheng Menayothin, Knockout CP Freshmart) who hold world titles in boxing RIGHT NOW, and a couple more elite fighters (Jomthong chuwattana, Panomrunglek Kiatmuu9) who have fought for world titles in the last year or so. Many more over the years.

Somrak Khamsing was an elite Muay Thai fighter and won an Olympic gold in boxing. Wijan Ponljd was a Muay Thai champion and won gold in the Olympics in boxing. Isarra Sakkreerin Muay Thai champion who won an Olympic medal. More Muay Thai fighters who have been in the Olympics and world championships. Right now Superbank Sakchaichote will be qualifying for the Olympics next month.

You're making the classic mistake of not understanding that what works in boxing is not applicable to Muay Thai. Head movement and slick boxing movement is irrelevant for Muay Thai.

Fact is tons of Muay Thai fighters with what you call "lazy American boxing" transfer to boxing and do just fine. Different sports. Learn.

You've got to remember you're trying to convince people who came out in droves to watch Dada vs. Porkchop but have no idea who Singdam or Kem are, hell I'd be surprised if a small percentage even know who Yodsanklai is, outside of thinking he's a variety of glove Anderson uses to train with.

Back