P4P MuayThai King Saenchai Calls Out Conor Mcgregor

There are 3 former Lumpinee Muay Thai champions (Amnat Ruenroeng, Wanheng Menayothin, Knockout CP Freshmart) who hold world titles in boxing RIGHT NOW, and a couple more elite fighters (Jomthong chuwattana, Panomrunglek Kiatmuu9) who have fought for world titles in the last year or so. Many more over the years.

Somrak Khamsing was an elite Muay Thai fighter and won an Olympic gold in boxing. Wijan Ponljd was a Muay Thai champion and won gold in the Olympics in boxing. Isarra Sakkreerin Muay Thai champion who won an Olympic medal. More Muay Thai fighters who have been in the Olympics and world championships. Right now Superbank Sakchaichote will be qualifying for the Olympics next month.

You're making the classic mistake of not understanding that what works in boxing is not applicable to Muay Thai. Head movement and slick boxing movement is irrelevant for Muay Thai.

Fact is tons of Muay Thai fighters with what you call "lazy American boxing" transfer to boxing and do just fine. Different sports. Learn.
I was waiting for a better response like.

In MT head movement isn't needed as opposed to Boxing, b/c of the limitations of boxing using only strikes vs. MT that includes kicks. You use head movement, and you're gonna get sidekicked. Ringcraft is also negated in MT with the inclusion of kicks in lieu of movement, you have longer reach and control via leg strikes.

Misleading title, he didn't even call out Conor. The interviewer ask him if he were to fight Conor would he win, of course hes going to say yes. You can tell 90% of the people that respond to op, didn't even bother to watch the video..
The interview was uploaded on Saenchai's own facebook. The fact that he made the video shows he wants to fight Conor so in a way yes he did call him out by uploading it. He asked him to bring it on.

I cant believe this thread was not made by TonyCPA.

Conor brings a good pay day. Under Thai or kickboxing rules at a catchweight of 140lbs I would favour Saenchai strongly.

I call out McGregor too.

Want that Red Panty night.

I was waiting for a better response like.

In MT head movement isn't needed as opposed to Boxing, b/c of the limitations of boxing using only strikes vs. MT that includes kicks. You use head movement, and you're gonna get sidekicked. Ringcraft is also negated in MT with the inclusion of kicks in lieu of movement, you have longer reach and control via leg strikes.

Different sports, buddy.

Ringcraft is plenty in Muay Thai, it just looks different.

Ringcraft

Ringcraft

Ringcraft

Ringcraft

WAIT

Is this guy going to be taking MMA seriously?

Yes!!!!

I've waited years for a good muay thai fighter to get into MMA. It blows my mind that MMA is a $$$ sport, muay thai is poor, and muay thai is the predominant striking art in MMA... and we haven't gotten any Thais to get into MMA..

FUCK. YES.

I can't wait to see this guy fight and follow his career!

Conor's leg would break in half the second he kicked Saenchai.

I'm a Saenchai fan (one of the only MT guys I do like) but this is simply absurd. Conor is a 170+ pound man (174/175 in shape) that kicks hard. His legs are more than conditioned and his technique is good enough to kick a 5'5/5'6 130 pound man without snapping his leg in half for christ's sake. Saenchai isn't made out of steel and MMA fighters have conditioned their bones to take serious impact as well. You're talking some absolute nonsense.

They've got many of the same variables, both quick, both explosive, both have amazing balance, but Saenchai YourAdHere, even with the height and weight disadvantage, is just built to be a better fighter, and Conor's chicken leg's wouldn't handle his kicks.

Here are Conor's "chicken legs". Look at his thighs and calves...

Cbx2GYiWIAAp1ft.jpg

I doubt Conor would finish, in Muay Thai, a guy who hasn't been finished by anyone before. In MMA, if Conor showed some wrestling and BJJ skill, then he'd have a good chance of finishing him that way.

You sure about that? He's had 52 losses. Those all went to decision? I seriously doubt it. Conor has been grappling for years in wrestling and BJJ. Watch the Holloway fight and see how easy Conor was able to take him down, or the Buchinger fight. Conor has good takedowns and on top he can pass guard and finish with GnP. He also has a submission win in his career over a BJJ fighter. In an MMA fight he'd not only beat Saenchai he'd finish him. The size and strength difference along with the grappling would be too much for him to overcome unless he started training MMA (which he will be supposedly at Tristar, looking forward to it).

Conor is 5'9 with a 74 inch wingspan and weighs much more (in muscle) than Saenchai. It'd be like comparing a taller version of Mighty Mouse to McGregor.

I love McGregor. But Muay Thai is my life-style. So im rooting for my GOAT Saenchai!

The interview was uploaded on Saenchai's own facebook. The fact that he made the video shows he wants to fight Conor so in a way yes he did call him out by uploading it. He asked him to bring it on.

Uhh, why wouldnt it be upload to his facebook, he is the one getting interview, tf?

Fights them over there, like Aoki.
because unlike in boxing and MMA, which are universal, MT outside of Thailand isn't worth shit.

Saenchai would humiliate Conor, doesn't matter the weight.

Saenchai only fights Westerners above his weight class to make it more competitive. He is along with Mayweather and Rigondeaux the three best strikers in the world right now.

Conor doesnt even sniff this discussion.
LOL Conor puts mofos to sleep while mayweather, rigon and saenchai couldn't finish on a pair of fake titties.

I'm a Saenchai fan (one of the only MT guys I do like) but this is simply absurd. Conor is a 170+ pound man (174/175 in shape) that kicks hard. His legs are more than conditioned and his technique is good enough to kick a 5'5/5'6 130 pound man without snapping his leg in half for christ's sake. Saenchai isn't made out of steel and MMA fighters have conditioned their bones to take serious impact as well. You're talking some absolute nonsense.

There's training, which many of these MMA fighters have done since they were 15-16, and training like Saechai and others from Thailand have done, starting at age 5. There was a Lion fight match that summed this up very well a year or so back, a very good American MT fighter was taking on someone like Nattawut or Kem, the guy TKO'd himself trying to low kick the Thai Fighter. Again in an MMA fight sure Conor has all the tools, but in Muay Thai, even at a size advantage, he wouldn't out kick or even out leverage the smaller Saenchai.

Here are Conor's "chicken legs". Look at his thighs and calves...

Cbx2GYiWIAAp1ft.jpg

Nice bulking picture, but come fight time those post workout swollen legs aren't there. Compare Conor to Saenchai or any MT fighter during fight day, their calves are the size of Conor's thights.

You sure about that? He's had 52 losses. Those all went to decision? I seriously doubt it.

It's hard to find a complete record of his fights, but doing a search there's nothing around that says he was ever T/KO'd. It's certainly possible given the shoddy record keeping of most fights in Thailand.

Conor has been grappling for years in wrestling and BJJ. Watch the Holloway fight and see how easy Conor was able to take him down, or the Buchinger fight. Conor has good takedowns and on top he can pass guard and finish with GnP. He also has a submission win in his career over a BJJ fighter. In an MMA fight he'd not only beat Saenchai he'd finish him. The size and strength difference along with the grappling would be too much for him to overcome unless he started training MMA (which he will be supposedly at Tristar, looking forward to it).

Again, i think in MMA Conor would win IF he took him down, and thats a big if. Conor has an ego the size of mountains, and it's an ego based on his striking. Like the Diaz brothers or Cowboy Cerrone that ego and need to entertain could cause him to try and stand with a guy who is light years past him in effective striking. Though Muay Thai fighters are notorious for having great balance and there's a possibility Saenchai could stop a shoot, but obviously not a cage takedown.

He got knocked out by Thongchai tor Silachai

Back