Oxygen masks in between rounds?

How about a line of blow instead, seeing as it is ok for fighters to take that. Imagine the batshit crazy last round we would get.

After the fight both guys would get a free night at rehab, and thus be cured of the addiction that might have occured otherwise.

Well played sir.

Why not? NFL gets gatorade & oxygen. MLB gets sunflower seeds & bubble gum. Let UFC fighters have gatorade, Kit Kat, Slurpee, fried chicken. Let them be at their best. It's not like they have 162 fights a year. Make them count.

- working on cardio
- fighting in one's natural weightclass instead of doing a water cut
- maintaining a healthy diet between fights

If a fighter gasses, it's on him. His weight, cardio and difficulty of his water cut is a result of his training process.

Does oxygen administered like that actually help recovery?

That just doesn't make sense because they train to have that stamina.

How about a line of blow instead, seeing as it is ok for fighters to take that. Imagine the batshit crazy last round we would get.

It was called PRIDE, any sort of performance enhancing substanes were not only allowed, but enoucraged. Two minutes between rounds so guys wouldn't gas, lots of breaks because of the ropes, it was all to encourage power shots and frenzies of fighting.

Ol' school boxers didn't need that shit.

MMA fighters as of now don't either.

One you make weight, you should allowed to eat even during the fight and between rounds.

Ol' school boxers didn't need that shit.

MMA fighters as of now don't either.

The boxers I watched Mike Tyson whoop on ESPN Classics were flabby and looked like their day jobs were working as plumbers.

Modern day MMA fighters are muscle machines like Tyron, Lombard, & Mendes.

100% pure oxygen supports combustion. That's all I'm gonna say.

I say give them a big shot of adrenaline before each round. Would be almost like Pride.

How about the ring girls give each fighter a blowjob to reinvigorate them?

If it ain't banned as a PED, then of course.

This should be allowed in a freakshow promotion that takes place on an oil rig in international waters. Roids would also be legal, as would transexuals fighting against women. There could also be handicap matches, for example, where a guy who weighs 220 pounds has to take 5 shots of vodka a few minutes before fighting a guy who weighs 170. Or you could have a coke versus meth fight.

I agree with an earlier poster. No fighter should gas in a 3 round fight. Fighters need to stop letting themselves go between fights. I get taking it easy and relaxing, but gaining 50 lbs and being a turd is pretty unprofessional.

What about an asthmatic using an inhaler between rounds?

I agree with an earlier poster. No fighter should gas in a 3 round fight. Fighters need to stop letting themselves go between fights. I get taking it easy and relaxing, but gaining 50 lbs and being a turd is pretty unprofessional.

Endurance is an attribute that takes years of steady effort to build.

Every time the fighters take a month off here and there, their endurance takes a hit and that adds up in the long term.

They should be doing cardio [Outside a few weeks rest] almost year round.

Is oxygen between rounds even legal? If it were, I'd imagine we'd see more fighters using it...anything for an edge.
If it's banned, maybe fighters can watch Oxygen in between rounds? You know, the cable network. I can go five rounds with anyone after just one My Wife and Kids rerun.

Endurance is an attribute that takes years of steady effort to build.

Every time the fighters take a month off here and there, their endurance takes a hit and that adds up in the long term.

They should be doing cardio [Outside a few weeks rest] almost year round.

I 100% agree.

Take a few weeks off after a fight, you earned it. It's even smart to lay off the sparring, weight training and grappling for a while. But there's no reason to not keep your cardio in check.

Plus, gaining weight and losing endurance aside, all that yo-yoing is not good for you. I'm sure Hendricks has taken years off his life cutting and ballooning 50 lbs like he's been doing.

Nutty idea for sure TS. Throw in some blood doping and red bulls :)

Back