OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Am I trippin or is Brigitte OP? I cant kill her for shit as any of my mains if she knows what shes doing. Also did they buff doomfist? I see him a lot more now doing a lot better than before.
Personally, I don't think Bridgette is op, but the numbers don't lie. Her pick rate and win rate are really high for a hero that most people haven't even had enough time on to master.
I wouldn't be mad if she got a slight nerf.

Df wasn't buffed so much as some of his broken bugs were fixed. He also counters Bridgette.

This current meta is pretty residentsleeper on ladder. Every game and fucking near every team fight is decided by Gravitron + Dragon Strike combo.

Am I trippin or is Brigitte OP? I cant kill her for shit as any of my mains if she knows what shes doing. Also did they buff doomfist? I see him a lot more now doing a lot better than before.
You're not wrong, not many characters can kill a Brigette 1v1. Her cooldowns are short and she has cc abilities.

Doomfist + Brigette allows you to keep the enemy Reinhardt stunned or cc'd for like 18-20 seconds if you combo it right.

New Hanzo is actually cancer too. Nice rework Blizzard..

Last edited:
If you keep your distance you can wreck Brigitte, up close she's devastating.
Yeah I have yet to have a game where the enemy Bridgette wrecks us, and I have been playing a lot of rein this season. My win rate with him is 60%ish. I feel like a lot of people don't want to adapt to a new meta and just do what they have always done. I am glad we're taking a break from dive.

I also feel like the statement i made at the beginning of the season is even more true.. that being able to flex to the right character is such a valuable tool in this meta.

It's going to continue to get harder for otps as more hard counters are introduced... And it should be harder to otp, this game was designed to swap and adapt to the enemy team, so of course this should be a huge advantage if you're good at it.

Yeah I have yet to have a game where the enemy Bridgette wrecks us, and I have been playing a lot of rein this season. My win rate with him is 60%ish. I feel like a lot of people don't want to adapt to a new meta and just do what they have always done. I am glad we're taking a break from dive.

I also feel like the statement i made at the beginning of the season is even more true.. that being able to flex to the right character is such a valuable tool in this meta.

It's going to continue to get harder for otps as more hard counters are introduced... And it should be harder to otp, this game was designed to swap and adapt to the enemy team, so of course this should be a huge advantage if you're good at it.
People bitch and bitch about dive but there were more viable characters during dive than there is currently. There's only really 6 viable characters at higher ranks with this meta; Reinhardt, Zarya, Mercy, Brigette, Zen, Hanzo.

Whichever team's Hanzo dies first loses the fight, which makes this closer to the Moth meta than anything else. The two most viable dps are currently the two snipers, who get free reign to do what they want because they have better movement abilities than anyone else that's currently viable.

Gravitron+Dragon Strike deciding almost every team fight got old really fucking quick. If your Mercy damage boosts the Hanzo it will result in a team wipe even through Transcendence. Transcendence heals for 300hp per second and a damage boosted Dragon does 260 damage per second which leaves a measly 40hp per second heal from Transcendence. That will easily be out damaged by the enemy Reinhardt swinging into the Grav or the enemy Zarya dumping alt-fires into it. Even if you manage to survive the Grav the enemy Reinhardt is going to have shatter swinging into that Grav.

All just my take on this meta of course. Some people will enjoy it.

Last edited:
This current meta is pretty residentsleeper on ladder. Every game and fucking near every team fight is decided by Gravitron + Dragon Strike combo.

You're not wrong, not many characters can kill a Brigette 1v1. Her cooldowns are short and she has cc abilities.

Doomfist + Brigette allows you to keep the enemy Reinhardt stunned or cc'd for like 18-20 seconds if you combo it right.

New Hanzo is actually cancer too. Nice rework Blizzard..

Yeah new Hanzo is fucking ridiculous. Why is blizzard so bad at balancing? They can’t buff or introduce heroes without them being hilariously op.

People bitch and bitch about dive but there were more viable characters during dive than there is currently. There's only really 6 viable characters at higher ranks with this meta; Reinhardt, Zarya, Mercy, Brigette, Zen, Hanzo.

Whichever team's Hanzo dies first loses the fight, which makes this closer to the Moth meta than anything else. The two most viable dps are currently the two snipers, who get free reign to do what they want because they have better movement abilities than anyone else that's currently viable.
This might be true at the highest levels, I don't know. But at plat, it's pretty wide open. Pretty much any semi-balanced team can win, I never felt like if we don't have hero X and the enemy team does, that werwe doomed.... like it was in the mercy meta.

But I am also saying that because I can fill in for just about any spot, so this season I haven't been on too many completely unbalanced teams. Which a small part is due to luck I am sure.

Hanzo is definitely the best dps right now hands down if you're good with him. I think he is a little op because he makes other heros useless like McCree.

Yeah new Hanzo is fucking ridiculous. Why is blizzard so bad at balancing? They can’t buff or introduce heroes without them being hilariously op.
All these reworks are getting out of control. Wait until the sym and torb reworks, shit is gonna get really silly when that happens.

All these reworks are getting out of control. Wait until the sym and torb reworks, shit is gonna get really silly when that happens.

Lol sym and torb can eat shit. I’m perfectly fine with low skill cap heroes being worse. I feel like the game was most balanced during the triple tank era, right now it’s fucking chaos.

They really need to buff Ana though. She’s probably the hardest healer to play and is also the worst. She also has the worst pick and win rate among healers in literally every bracket.

They really need to buff Ana though. She’s probably the hardest healer to play and is also the worst. She also has the worst pick and win rate among healers in literally every bracket.
She needs something. Either some shields or some type of evade.
She's getting/got a buff. Can self nano, more amo, and can shoot through teammates.... I think, or that's what they were considering.

I’ve had so many deaths by hanzo and Brigitte that leave me like...

full

giphy.gif

I’ve had so many deaths by hanzo and Brigitte that leave me like...

full

giphy.gif

Hanzo's changes made him broken at the lowest level. The scatter arrow could be annoying because you die seemingly randomly from it. But the storm arrow? Even guys who can't aim can land 2/6 and you're dead.

I've had a lot of success against Baguette with Junkrat. I can easily escape when she gets to close and spam her to either death or a run-away-of-shame.

All night last night I got destroyed by Hanzo. I was rezzed by mercy when I was Orissa and got killed again within 3 seconds by storm arrows I couldn't avoid.

Hanzo is just too strong. He makes hitscans useless unless there is a phara.

This is a very heavy shield meta, unless you can either break it down quickly, or get to an angle that allows you to shoot around the shields, then you're going to lose the shield war. Hanzo can do both, from a distance.. there's pretty much nothing he is weak in, even if a Winston or genji dives him, he's got the evade plus storm arrows. His burst damage is insane.

Guess I'm just gonna tank my SR now.

It's useless playing solo. On a good day, my SR stays exactly the same from the start to the end of the day.

Today I've gotten nothing but drooling idiots. My game is noticeably improving, but my SR just drops because it's random as to how fucking idiotic your team will be.

All night last night I got destroyed by Hanzo. I was rezzed by mercy when I was Orissa and got killed again within 3 seconds by storm arrows I couldn't avoid.

Hanzo is just too strong. He makes hitscans useless unless there is a phara.

This is a very heavy shield meta, unless you can either break it down quickly, or get to an angle that allows you to shoot around the shields, then you're going to lose the shield war. Hanzo can do both, from a distance.. there's pretty much nothing he is weak in, even if a Winston or genji dives him, he's got the evade plus storm arrows. His burst damage is insane.
Other than four rez + light speed Guardian Angel Mercy when she used Valkyrie, this version of Hanzo is the strongest character ever in the game. It's crazy. Just take a look at the top 500, there's so many Hanzos.

DdNozILW0AAgxCq.jpg

the picture is from page 3 of the top 500.

This Hanzo is probably the strongest dps ever, and it's not even close.

Every competent Hanzo feels like a Smurf. And it's not only that playing against a good enemy Hanzo feels like playing against a pro, it's that he makes SO many heros obsolete. Which is insanely frustrating if you main dps anything other than Hanzo.

Back