OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Had two great learning experiences last night.

First, quit if you're on a winning streak and getting tired. Could have saved myself 50 easy sr last night.

Secondly, stay positive and try to make it work. I was playing on Hollywood, and on defense we stopped them right before the second point. So I already know my team is decent.

On attack, I see the following selections going down. Hanzo, trollgette, mercy, widow, and attack sym.
Trollgette instantly tilts at the comp.

I look at the comp and think would be good complementing choice. And I'm like agro rein all the way.

Got on the mic, and told trollgette, that it's all good, let's just go in with sym, trollgette, rein and mercy balls to the wall, swinging big lumber in their face style, as widow and Hanzo snipe freely from the outside.

We crushed them, total destruction

First, quit if you're on a winning streak and getting tired. Could have saved myself 50 easy sr last night.

Secondly, stay positive and try to make it work. I was playing on Hollywood, and on defense we stopped them right before the second point. So I already know my team is decent.

On attack, I see the following selections going down. Hanzo, trollgette, mercy, widow, and attack sym.

I look at the comp and think would be good complementing choice. And I'm like agro rein all the way.

Got on the mic, and told trollgette, that it's all good, let's just go in with sym, trollgette, rein and mercy balls to the wall, swinging big lumber in their face style, as widow and Hanzo snipe freely from the outside.

Of course you did. Double sniper is strong as fuck right now because you can't, well shouldn't, play Winston+Dva into Cancergette. Which means your snipers get free reign to just dump shots into people and with Sonic Arrow your Widow knows where everyone is every 12 seconds without her ult. So the enemy team is forced to either ball up behind their main tank which means your front line will probably just walk over them since your going to be double pocketed or hide and give no sightlines to your snipers which means their dps get nothing done.

Not to mention Hollywood first defense is fucking awful for Winston+Dva defense.

Now that they've 'hurt' dive you only have one true counter to a sniper and that's your own sniper. ResidentFuckingSleeper.

Congratulations though. Definitely agree with your quitting when you get tired point. Everything starts to suffer if your attention is even partly distracted from the game.

Triple Support on attack

<mma4>

Damn Hanzo, whenever i manage to get his health down even from 100 to 20/30 percent somehow he will manage that headshot kill before he dies.

These most recent changes have turned Hanzo into a more useful Mcree and his ultimate isn't hit 'q' to respawn.

These most recent changes have turned Hanzo into a more useful Mcree and his ultimate isn't hit 'q' to respawn.
I saw a Hanzo storm arrow head shot a full health hog and then immediately kill the Sombra on my team as well.
I was able to kill him with Brigitte lol.

Hanzo has definitely made mcree close to obsolete.

Hanzo is so strong right now.

Zarya is super strong too.

I feel like genji and/or tracer will get a tiny bit of a meta bump to counter Hanzo.

Hanzo defs needs a nerf. He's pretty much a hitscan close to mid range with projectile hit boxes. Storm arrow SHREDS tanks and is a lot more consistent than scatter ever was. His ult charges ridiculously fast as well. I was playing a game on numbani yesterday and had dragon literally every team fight, just farming tanks.

I've mostly played Moira with an emphasis on healing. I know a lot of people play Moira for her damage potential, but I'm keeping people alive. Sometimes I play Mercy and Soldier.

Edit: Just pulled up the game to tell you. So far this season, I'm 14-21 (which is a higher win percentage than last season).

Moira: 42%
Mercy: 36%
Soldier: 66% (I've only played maybe 6 matches with him)
Reinhardt: 35%

I've just had a bunch of matches today that make me want to quit playing comp altogether. On defense, when I ask a team to stay on the point, they all run to try to fight near the enemy spawn, which opens up flanking opportunities to the point. And sure as shit, that's what happens.

On attack, I had a team actually fight a team that overextended, and I told them to come around the left side and that they were wasting time fighting near our spawn. I got to the point without seeing an enemy and almost capped it before someone ran back and killed me. My whole team was still fighting near the spawn.

It's like... They have zero game sense. They don't think about how to win, they just kind of brawl and lose to anyone who even pretends to know what they're doing. It's very frustrating.

I will never understand that defensive strategy of trying to spawn camp. It almost never works. Then once everyone gets slaughter your left on an island near the objective. This game is such a great litmus test of IQ

I will never understand that defensive strategy of trying to spawn camp. It almost never works. Then once everyone gets slaughter your left on an island near the objective. This game is such a great litmus test of IQ

Yeah, I don't get it. If the entire enemy team is trying to engage away from the point, it's easy to get to the point and capture it. But teams I'm on always seem to say "oh the enemy is here so we HAVE to fight here". Or on defense, chasing enemies off the point for a kill, but dying instead. I would rather the enemy run off the point, heal, and come back than to lose a team mate for chasing.

Spawn camping is bound to cost you the point. If they get one kill it's over because they're back in ten seconds and we're back in 30 seconds. Doesn't make sense to do for more than a few moments

Played for the first time in like 6 weeks.. What the fuck is this machine gun arrow spamzo has now? Also fuck this Rialto map.

A support character like Brigitte being able to do this to an ultra powerful tank like D.va...

Was finally able to get an Ana POTG, so rare,

@BEER how has the gaming been going this week?

Any heros getting better win rates, any getting worse? What's been working for you in the past week?

@BEER how has the gaming been going this week?

Any heros getting better win rates, any getting worse? What's been working for you in the past week?

I haven't been playing comp, but I've mostly been playing Soldier in QP. Usually do pretty well. I've added a bunch of people to play comp with, but none of them are ever on when I am. I'm not playing solo anymore. That shit is awful.

Played for the first time in like 6 weeks.. What the fuck is this machine gun arrow spamzo has now? Also fuck this Rialto map.
Like I said earlier in the thread. He's become a better version of Mcree with these changes. Storm Arrow is basically Fan the Hammer with actual range, no damage fall off, and you can get head shots. His new dodge, or whatever the fuck it's called, is a more useful Combat Roll and it's on a lower cool down. Dragon Strike is miles better than Dead Eye. You don't have to be as accurate with projectile hitboxes. Etc.

New career high. I can feel it, this is the season I hit diamond.

I am riding the O & Mo express all the way to 3000

Popped off with Mo, 15+k healing and 58 eliminations. Great weekend of gaming. Been playing a lot of Mo and rein. So close to dimond.

Had a couple of games with Mo on attack where I got my ult within 1 minute of the game and proceeded to mow them down like the worthless vermin they are.

This game feels as ridiculous as ever lol

Am I trippin or is Brigitte OP? I cant kill her for shit as any of my mains if she knows what shes doing. Also did they buff doomfist? I see him a lot more now doing a lot better than before.

Back