OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

This Hanzo is probably the strongest dps ever, and it's not even close.

Every competent Hanzo feels like a Smurf. And it's not only that playing against a good enemy Hanzo feels like playing against a pro, it's that he makes SO many heros obsolete. Which is insanely frustrating if you main dps anything other than Hanzo.
I'll keep jumping around when I'm playing soldier 76 and whittle his health down to even 20 percent but still end up getting head shot killed at the last second.

I'll keep jumping around when I'm playing soldier 76 and whittle his health down to even 20 percent but still end up getting head shot killed at the last second.
It's the massive damage, plus no drop off, headshots, relatively short cool down, all at spamming speed for 6 shots.

They need to either adjust the cool down, add drop off, take away headshots, and/or decrease the arrows in storm shot.

He got so many buffs at once. I really don't know what blizzard is doing with balancing.

Hanzo, mercy 2.0, tanky bastion, and trollgette are all heros that were obviously broken, but it's almost as if blizzard didn't want to admit it.

It's the massive damage, plus no drop off, headshots, relatively short cool down, all at spamming speed for 6 shots.

They need to either adjust the cool down, add drop off, take away headshots, and/or decrease the arrows in storm shot.

He got so many buffs at once. I really don't know what blizzard is doing with balancing.

Hanzo, mercy 2.0, tanky bastion, and trollgette are all heros that were obviously broken, but it's almost as if blizzard didn't want to admit it.
Part of the problem is that they can't enough people to play on ptr(and very few pros) to give them feedback so they end up having to wait until the changes hit live to see how they work in competitive to get the data they need.

.. they also don't listen to the feedback they do get.

Last edited:
Played a couple hours for the first time in weeks with Corona the other day.

Got ruined.

Hanzo is stupid.

Part of the problem is that they can't enough people to play on ptr(and very few pros) to give them feedback so they end up having to wait until the changes hit live to see how they work in competitive to get the data they need.

.. they also don't listen to the feedback they do get.
So I just heard he's getting only a tiny nerf. 80 to 70 damage on storm arrows.

This probably won't do much.

Got to within 1-2 wins of dimaond and I just know they're going to throw me a massive unwinnable losing streak. And of course right on cue here we are.

I haven't won a match in 4 days, lost so many in a row over the span of a week that were 100% unwinnable no matter how much I popped off.
Defran with God pocketing him couldn't win these games.

I was stomping in the 2900s, 2800's, and the 2700's now I can't win to save my life around 2600. I grinded up over the span of multiple weeks in solo q, so it can't be said I was boosted or carried... Just to lose it in a few days?

This is what kills most people.. the statistical probability of losing 15 games in row over the course of 4 days must be an insanely high number.. except it can be predicted down to the moment it will start and the moment it will end.
How can that feel natural at all?

I had a 25+ win to loss ratio this season.. and let me guess that the unwuunwinn games will continue until I get to about 50% again and then magically the games will become normal again of where you win some and you lose some. Even though this Sr was so fucking easy for weeks, now like clockwork it's unwinnable.

I just don't get how the system can be so fucking predictable down to the moment for millions of players if it's not forcibly adjusting the system right under cue.

I'm not sure which is worse, new Hanzo or Brigette. New Hanzo is flat out just broken whereas Brigette is so oppressive to play against that the game becomes zero fun.

Got to within 1-2 wins of dimaond and I just know they're going to throw me a massive unwinnable losing streak. And of course right on cue here we are.

I haven't won a match in 4 days, lost so many in a row over the span of a week that were 100% unwinnable no matter how much I popped off.
Defran with God pocketing him couldn't win these games.

I was stomping in the 2900s, 2800's, and the 2700's now I can't win to save my life around 2600. I grinded up over the span of multiple weeks in solo q, so it can't be said I was boosted or carried... Just to lose it in a few days?

This is what kills most people.. the statistical probability of losing 15 games in row over the course of 4 days must be an insanely high number.. except it can be predicted down to the moment it will start and the moment it will end.
How can that feel natural at all?

I had a 25+ win to loss ratio this season.. and let me guess that the unwuunwinn games will continue until I get to about 50% again and then magically the games will become normal again of where you win some and you lose some. Even though this Sr was so fucking easy for weeks, now like clockwork it's unwinnable.

I just don't get how the system can be so fucking predictable down to the moment for millions of players if it's not forcibly adjusting the system right under cue.
That's a FeelsFuckin'BadMan.

Why does my SR go down so much with a loss and up so little with a win?

I've played four comp matches today. 3 wins, 1 loss.

But I'm only like 8 SR higher than when I started.

I'm not sure which is worse, new Hanzo or Brigette. New Hanzo is flat out just broken whereas Brigette is so oppressive to play against that the game becomes zero fun.

The range on her mace is what pisses me off most. The stuns suck but if you keep distance, you're fine. It feels like you can't escape unless you have an escape ability. I usually combat her with Junk. Put pressure on her shield and mine blast in the air to hit her with grenades before the stun can come out.

Whole lot of meh if true.
zUGBkeL

Anyone else getting randomly dropped from comp matches?

This is the second time it just boots me to the home menu without any sort of message.

10 million ? I hear they've collected 10 Mill? If they collect that much for this one pink mercy skin then how much do they make for the major events?

50 to 100 million?

Guess I'm done with Comp for a while. Finally started building my SR up and winning more than losing.

Four matches in a row with players who refused to pick anything but DPS leaving me as the only healer and now it's dropped so far that it just seems hopeless. I've had friends (who are in Diamond) tell me that I suck and it's my fault but they should be slapped in the face. They aren't playing with Pharahs who can't fly, Hanzos who can't aim, and Junkrats who spam grenades half a mile from where the enemy team is. I'm tempted to start a new account for next season because it's a hole I can't possibly climb out of now.

No communication, not even the most basic team comps, and teams who just constantly run at a choke point and die. How do people do well in this game?

Whats the point of tanks? Blizz has absolutely raped their use.

Team went a 2-2-2 meta on Illios and got romped the first round. We all got tilted and started yelling at each other over mic. We went 5 dps plus a Lucio and we ended up winning the next 2 rounds. We ravaged their tanks.

Whats the point of tanks? Blizz has absolutely raped their use.

Team went a 2-2-2 meta on Illios and got romped the first round. We all got tilted and started yelling at each other over mic. We went 5 dps plus a Lucio and we ended up winning the next 2 rounds. We ravaged their tanks.

Tanks are worthless without a well coordinated team. But ya they’re definitely in a down state right now. I’ll play hog still cuz he’s fun but the rest don’t do much for me.

More excited for the lucha skins in HOTS than the new OW skins.

The change that lets you shoot through your full health allies as Ana is weird. I'm not sure if I like it.

Back