Overtraining is a serious issue in MMA and it destroyed Cain

There is no such thing as overtraining. CT Fletcher told me so.

I have been saying this since BJ Penn brought it up a long time ago, but MMA training in most of the decorated camps AKA, Chute Boxe in the past is not only counterproductive but flat out dangerous.

You ever wonder why guys like Mike Bisping, Nate Diaz, and Lando seem to have fights of their lives when they are coming in with very litttle training camp? It's cause overtraining actually reduces performances.

In boxing etc people rarely go full contact sparring during training, it's more about training drills and movements. We gotta move on from this barbaric style of training camp
Training stupid is a serious issue..

There is no such thing as overtraining. CT Fletcher told me so.
He's kind of right.. I think the guy is a liar and his son is an idiot but he's correct on the over training part.. over 60% of people don't know how to train properly enough to over train lol

I don't think it's an overtraining issue as much as an intelligence and education issue. These guys just train like fucking retards. AKA guys are champions IN SPITE of their training methods not because of them

I wonder how much pain someone like Cain will be in, by the time he's, like, 55yo.
Is it granted, or not necessarily?
Does anyone have any idea about it?

A lot of camps are starting to get this but like everything there has to be a blueprint, be it right or wrong and abbiously AKA, Chutebox and Longo are evidence of what not to do. I train athletes for a living and too made the mistake of push, push, push but the body can only take so much before breaking. My methods have changed so much especially in the last 10 years and the success of my athletes has gone through the roof working smarter and not harder. Sad that so many mma careers cut short because of this

I have been saying this since BJ Penn brought it up a long time ago, but MMA training in most of the decorated camps AKA, Chute Boxe in the past is not only counterproductive but flat out dangerous.

You ever wonder why guys like Mike Bisping, Nate Diaz, and Lando seem to have fights of their lives when they are coming in with very litttle training camp? It's cause overtraining actually reduces performances.

In boxing etc people rarely go full contact sparring during training, it's more about training drills and movements. We gotta move on from this barbaric style of training camp

You'd think they'd get this by now but good luck changing their system. They train fucking hard, period. Anything less is considered pussy status. But I agree, if they took more time off and took it easier, there would be less injuries, the fighters would feel better and they would fight better on fight night.

Yes it is. His greatest strength is the thing that has ended up ruining his career. AKA needs to bring in some professional strength and conditioning people with a scientific background and fix their program. Stop sending Cain off to train with Meathead Incorporated.

http://joegrassoelitetraining.com/joe-bio.php

Insane.

Omfg and this guy complains about back pain? He is lucky he can even walk doing stupid shit like this.

If it was a muscle = oh the possibilities ... I'd probably never make it to the gym lol
If it was a muscle I wouldn't be able to make it to the gym, cause I wouldn't be able to fit through the door.

Training is a double edged sword, how are you supposed to get amazing at several martial arts at once without training a massive amount? AKA has produced some of the best fighters ever. It also seems like that greatness came at the price of several serious injuries and that they should have done something to prevent this.

But would have they preferred to train "smarter" but have never held those belts? Conor got his skull cracked and tooth knocked out training with Artem Lobov at SBG, but that experience made him the fighter he is today.

It's a tricky balancing act they have to play.

No such thing as over-training.

Its under-recovery thats gets ya.

One reason I think the issue hasn't come up earlier is that the way MMA was booked in the past made injuries less of an issue.

You look at Shogun for example, he's had injury issues thoughout his career but when he was in Pride it wasn't as noticble because when he was fit he was very active, 4 excellent wins in the 2005 GP in a few months, 4 good wins post arm break in a few months.

These days the big names are much more protected as in boxing, the UFC doesn't want to risk upsets derailing hype and future matchups so many fighters are only fighting every 6-9 months meaning an injury can have a much bigger impact.

Cain is 10 years into his career and only has 16 fights , Shogun 10 years into his career had 28 fights.

Back