Overeem's weight

The biggest he ever was was 263 for the Brock fight. And he weighed in with his clothes on at that.

Frankly I don't believe him when he says he cut from 275-280 for the Brock fight. He weighed 10 pounds under the limit his whole time at SF.

Even if he was wearing jeans, it was 263 with extremely low body fat. If that % goes up a bit, wouldn't be surprised at the 270-275 number.

I think he will come in around 255lbs.

He shouldn't try to match size with Bigfoot. His biggest advantage will be his speed anyways and I'm sure he's the stronger of the two. Bigfoot had 30-40lbs on Arlovski yet AA was still able to pin him up against the fence quite a few times. Overeem shouldn't have much difficulty bullying Bigfoot in the clinch even if he's giving up 20lbs.

I remember in one of danas vlogs before the brock fight one day before the weight in he was shown around the backstage area, where his wardrobe would be, the walk to the cage and stuff...
and somebody also took his weight and it was 268. i remember the guy with the scale was saying something like "good that'll be no problem tomorrow without the shoes" or something simlilar... because reem stepped on the scale with his shoes on.

maybe it was also reem's documentary i'm not sure... but anyway I think he is about the same weight now. wouldn't make sense for him to put on more muscle mass

about tree fiddy.

but for real isn't he normally under 265 by a few pounds. too lazy to check.

I ain't givin' you no tree fiddy you goddamn loch ness monster!

Overeem said that he walks around at 270, but he's around 255 come fight night. He weighed in at 263 against Brock cause he still had his jeans and belt on when he stepped on the scale.

EDIT: Here's some pics.

Brock-Lesnar-vs-Alistair-Overeem-live-streaming_original.jpg

UFCBrockLesnarAlistairOvereem1411.jpg

Basically he loses a bunch of fat during training camp.

Last edited:
Ive analyzed all the picture threads. He should weigh in at 259 pounds if im not mistaken.

The biggest he ever was was 263 for the Brock fight. And he weighed in with his clothes on at that.

Frankly I don't believe him when he says he cut from 275-280 for the Brock fight. He weighed 10 pounds under the limit his whole time at SF.

Against Werdum he weighed 256. To get to 263 he would have put on 7 pounds. The most muscle he could naturally gain in 6 months is about 12 pounds so I don't see how he could be 278 a month out from fighting Brock unless some of his weight was fat (about 10 pounds of fat).

I guess he could drop a few pounds of fat and cut water weight to be around the 265 pound limit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the UFC told him to say that just for hyping the fight.

People with that much muscle mass can fluctuate their weight greatly if they want, by drinking lots of water that is in turn stored in muscle fiber.

He can probably go between 250-260 in any given week.

Bigfoot's struggled with smaller, faster heavyweights, so it might not hurt the Reem to come in a little lighter than usual.

This, mobility has been Bigfoot's weakness.

Unfortunately for overeem he's always been a very flat footed fighter, so this may end up being a bad matchup for him.

I ain't givin' you no tree fiddy you goddamn loch ness monster!

Overeem said that he walks around at 270, but he's around 255 come fight night. He weighed in at 263 against Brock cause he still had his jeans and belt on when he stepped on the scale.

EDIT: Here's some pics.

Brock-Lesnar-vs-Alistair-Overeem-live-streaming_original.jpg

UFCBrockLesnarAlistairOvereem1411.jpg

Basically he loses a bunch of fat during training camp.

You know the first picture there is a shoop??

if he's too big I see him become a three minute fighter...very dangerous but only for a round or so

Overeem weighed 254 against Rogers. He always goes up and down with weight.
Yeah I was gonna look up his last few weigh-in weights. That's actually a little lower than I would've thought. My guess is he's below that for this one.

I'd say about 255 hard to keep so much muscle with out the JUICE.

he will be passing all the juice tests with flying colors,,, so
does that mean he will not drink it ??:confused:

I wouldnt be surprised if the UFC told him to say that just for hyping the fight.

I immediately thought that upon hearing it too. He was just trying to make the fight spectacular like the advertising as being that there were two behemoths in the octagon.

he'll probably come in at 262 +- a lb looking good, ready to take the head off easter island

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back