Overeem won't be able to deal with Cain's pace

Overeem slams Cain with a few leg kicks...Cain's takedown is gone, his cardio suffers, Overeem KOs him.

Cains chin + cardio + wrestling = trouble for Reem...

Lol the ole "Chin made of Granite", what if he gives him an uberknee to the plexus?.

I agree that cardio would be an issue for Overeem, but with that said I think Overeem has a better clinch game than JDS, since he is a bit slower he won't be relying on his footwork as much as JDS has to, and he has much more fighting experience.

Those are the things going for him I don't know if he'll be able to do anything against Cain as he looked awesome last night.

Brock Lesnar, who is larger than Reem and a much better wrestler, couldn't ragdoll Cain. I don't think anyone can.

brock took cain down.... cain got back up.

overeem gets his hands on cain, yes he can. dude is retarded strong and has a ridiculous clinch game. you dont have to be a wrestler to throw someone around.

overeems trips and throws are top notch.

cains chin is nothing special. hes been hurt by strikes plenty and can be hurt by them again.

they are both stylistic nightmares for the other. anyone pretending otherwise is simply being close minded.

Just for the sake of a good laugh, please tell us how Overeem is a "stylistic" nightmare for Cain?

I see tons of talk about "uberknee" this and that, you cant throw knees if you are stuck against a cage wall. And also lol'd hard at Overeem "ragdolling" Cain, Cain was ragdolling 265 pounds of Ben Rothwell without any difficulty.

It's also retarded to throw knees in a clinch situation against wrestlers, since it's like asking them to take you down.

Let me guess, havent done a second of combat sports your entire life?

I think Velasquez is a tougher fight for Overeem than Dos Santos was and always thought so. It's a great matchup. However I believe that Overeem can stop the takedown and he's going to be able to time his counter strikes or batter Cain with knees against the cage. Overeem will be the UFC Heavyweight champion in 2013!

Cain's pace may be relentless but it also kills his ability to finish as the fight goes on.

Then again JDS's chin is insane.

Reem vs Cain is gonna be awesome.

it goes one of two ways.

overeem stuffs him and lands something huge, cain crumbles.

cain lands, gets the takedown and pounds his head through the mat.

look what reem did to rogers or werdum
just threw them away

jds-ko-cain.png

"Cain's Chin"

Just for the sake of a good laugh, please tell us how Overeem is a "stylistic" nightmare for Cain?

I see tons of talk about "uberknee" this and that, you cant throw knees if you are stuck against a cage wall. And also lol'd hard at Overeem "ragdolling" Cain, Cain was ragdolling 265 pounds of Ben Rothwell without any difficulty.

jesus christ. ben rothwell is comparable to overeem now.

go watch cain get hit by kongo and junior. now watch overeem hit people.

"if youre stuck against the cage wall"..... good luck beating alistair in the clinch. thats the silliest shit ive ever heard.

Overeem has way more for Cain than JDS does. JDS is one dimensional. Overeem has knees, kicks, clinch strengths and size. Cain wont be ragdolling him. Cain has cardio advantages and thats about it.

overeem has always had good TDD, and his knees are deadly... not to mention he is stronger than JDS.

either Overeem early, or Cain by gnp stoppage in round 3 or 4

plekz, did you watch the fight last night? where did junior have the most success? who is really scary in that position? probably the best next to anderson.

Overeem has way more for Cain than JDS does. JDS is one dimensional. Overeem has knees, kicks, clinch strengths and size. Cain wont be ragdolling him. Cain has cardio advantages and thats about it.

Cain is used to going up against bigger guys, he did it all the time wrestling. His fighting style is made for it. Overeem could get lucky and catch him with something but if not it will be like McDonald -Diaz. Overeem simply isn't technical enough for Cain, in any area. He'd win a straight K1 fight, sure, but he won't be free to ignore the takedown. It will look like a repeat of Cain - Bigfoot. I'd put money on Overeem at 4 to 1 I guess, but that's about it.

yes overeem needs to KO Cain in 1st or second round.

Bullrush with knees and go for guilotine choke.He has great camp to prepare for Cain though

overeem isnt technical now?

hes got good tdd, sick counters, and a solid ground game. how much more technical can he get?

jesus christ. ben rothwell is comparable to overeem now.

go watch cain get hit by kongo and junior. now watch overeem hit people.

"if youre stuck against the cage wall"..... good luck beating alistair in the clinch. thats the silliest shit ive ever heard.

Show me all these superior grapplers Overeem has handled in the past, you obviously have ZERO grasp on how grappling works, or what the dynamics are even like. What am i supposed to look at in the Kongo fight?, Cain's insane ability to recover from punches?

You children obviously dont realize that this is THE SAME Overeem that ran away from the LHW div because he was getting TKO/KO'd all over the place right?, same CHIN same HEART, yeah he's put on muscles but that doesnt change the fact that he's got a very weak mindset and he BREAKS when he get's pressured.

Overeem has a punchers chance for one round against Cain, after that, it'll be all she wrote and Overeem will get pounded into oblivion, he wont be able to absorb the amount of damage JDS did though since Overeem has no heart, so i wouldnt be surprised to see him tap to strikes.

Show me someone with a more padded record (in terms of victorys) in the HW division then Overeem while you are at it.

cain has no chance to take him down
reems to strong
cain will go for the ko
remm will go for the kicks and destroy him with gnp afterwards

overeem isnt technical now?

hes got good tdd, sick counters, and a solid ground game. how much more technical can he get?

He's technical, but not technical enough for Cain. His wrestling is too weak, and his arms are too bloated for him to have any real chance of getting a sub from the ground. He's going to spend the whole fight on his back eating punches.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he tapped to strikes.

Back