News Overeem VS Volkov targeted for February 6th. Who takes it?

Big fan here, but Overeem is too chinny nowadays. He'd be lucky to make it to the judges decision.

Would be amazing if Reem wins the title and then ends his career.

Just seen Overeem VS Volkov targeted to headline February 6th card.
Who do you see taking it and how do you see the fight playing out?

A fight I have personally been hoping too see for a while now.

Any chance a mod can put a poll up for this too?

I think Reem beats him pretty bad. It's Reem though so I ain't putting money on it lol

overeem is a monster...he was in the top5 to top10 in lhws ...but almost 20 years ago...
And the guy still is number 6 in hws.
Warrrrr reem ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Why not? After Ngannou who's in position to contend? I can't think of anyone

exactly, just asking because I didn’t see it posted. Man how awesome would it be to see any one of them hold the UFC heavyweight strap after all their years of grinding.

Reem will use his grappling here

Volkov is decent on the ground though, not great but maybe good enough that Reem can't really threaten, Alistair hasnt looked like he has his 00's or Uber form on the ground for quite a few years.

I think its a question of does Volkov sneak in a shot that tests Reems chin at some point or does he get slowly beaten down and/or finished.

Toss up for me. Volkov has proven to be tough to finish, so that might be the biggest factor. Good fight!

reem takes this.

but i would prefer black beast vs reem.

D1-reem takes him down and ends it with gnp.

I got Volkov by TKO here. He looked great vs Harris, more aggressive and was throwing precise heavy shots. I think it was the best he looked since coming to the UFC.

Would be amazing if Reem wins the title and then ends his career.
Really optimistic POV, but there are just so many challenges for Overeem to overcome.
Like this fight is hardly going to be a cakewalk for Overeem either (Volkov buffed up and his striking skills have gotten better by quite a margin) but then Rozenstruik and Ngannou exist too.

But then, is it his chin or is his striking defense that is a problem. Thought that it was his chin but better striking defense can make up for this by quite a lot.

Makes sense. Good fight to make.
Lets go Reeeeem!

Met the dude in Vegas in one night while at Planet Hollywood. He was with some pretty hot white chick. I can hear him say "I told you I was famous" under his breath to the woman next to him as I got closer to shake his hand and to wish him luck against Stipe (this was June 2016). Very cool dude. I became an even bigger fan after that.

Reem bless

I feel like I’ve read that before on here? Is this a repost from you or an inside joke I don’t know about?

Really optimistic POV, but there are just so many challenges for Overeem to overcome.
Like this fight is hardly going to be a cakewalk for Overeem either (Volkov buffed up and his striking skills have gotten better by quite a margin) but then Rozenstruik and Ngannou exist too.

But then, is it his chin or is his striking defense that is a problem. Thought that it was his chin but better striking defense can make up for this by quite a lot.
True but the HW division is getting weaker. I agree Ngannou is a nightmare for him, but i would love for Reem to win it especially since he's close to retirement

Back