Rumored OVEREEM Retirement TRIBUTE SONG

As one or two of you may know, I write, play guitar and sing for one of the worst Asian grunge bands around, The Ballsbreakers. I also happen to be a MASSIVE Alistair Overeem fan.
Considering the Reem just retired, we're very keen on writing a tribute song for the man.

Post your song or musical ideas here. I'd even welcome suggestions as to lyrics and song structure. I've posted about writing a Sherdog song before, but it may take a backseat to this one.

WAR REEM!

BTW, we wrote a song about a week ago, incredibly coincidentally, about The Reem. It sucks donkey balls, hence you are more than welcome to add whatever it is you have on your mind, if you are a Reem fan like us, that is. We'll try our best to add it to the song!
Here it is ---

bro how are you calling me abuelito or whatever? lol. i like the groove, needs more soundgarden / led zeppelin time signature changes and vocals about horse meat, demolishing, and knees to the diverticulitis. with chris cornell like vocals. should be good after that.

More songs should be made about Reem. He def has had a career you can make an album out of.

As one or two of you may know, I write, play guitar and sing for one of the worst Asian grunge bands around, The Ballsbreakers. I also happen to be a MASSIVE Alistair Overeem fan.
Considering the Reem just retired, we're very keen on writing a tribute song for the man.

Post your song or musical ideas here. I'd even welcome suggestions as to lyrics and song structure. I've posted about writing a Sherdog song before, but it may take a backseat to this one.

WAR REEM!

BTW, we wrote a song about a week ago, incredibly coincidentally, about The Reem. It sucks donkey balls, hence you are more than welcome to add whatever it is you have on your mind, if you are a Reem fan like us, that is. We'll try our best to add it to the song!
Here it is ---

<5>

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Which one are you? The one sitting down playing guitar?

Btw, who was that other Asian Sherbro that made a music video?

It was shared here. It was a long time ago though.

Does anyone recall?

war Reem! one of the toughest challenges I've faced on the mat!

happy retirement

Looking and sounding pretty dirty there Frank! Looking forward to hearing some more. If you're going with the spoken word type lyrics/singing, check this out

bro how are you calling me abuelito or whatever? lol. i like the groove, needs more soundgarden / led zeppelin time signature changes and vocals about horse meat, demolishing, and knees to the diverticulitis. with chris cornell like vocals. should be good after that.
hahaha We're very much influenced by both bands (Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin) but I doubt if we're good enough to dabble with odd time signatures at this point. And I'm sure I can't sing at all like Chris. I'm an awful singer and I'm pretty much exclusively baritone. We'll keep the horsemeat and the demolishing in the song probably! haha
Thank you abuelo!

Looking and sounding pretty dirty there Frank! Looking forward to hearing some more. If you're going with the spoken word type lyrics/singing, check this out

Ohhh this sounds very interesting. Haven't come across this before but it sounds oddly like Pearl Jam's "Whale Song" (which more or less contains quite a few spoken word passages).
We recorded a spoken word song too at one point (but it's even dirtier than usual so I won't post it here).
Thank you, @Jackonfire ! There's two of you who've suggested it already so I might just add a section of one into the song! This is shaping along nicely.

<5>

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Which one are you? The one sitting down playing guitar?
Thank you! haha
Yep, that's me - balding, potbellied oompaloompa!
I certainly don't qualify as a "Sherdogger", hence my persistent crusade for official Sherdog recognition of the lowly but spirited "Shermano".
<{outtahere}>

Thanks to everyone for chiming in! We're convening again in the studio tomorrow. We'll arrange the song more tightly and try to incorporate everyone's suggestions.
My goal is to record one truly badass Reem tribute song, and pair it with a video that's worth the man!
Might take us a few weeks since we all have day jobs (we're not professional players, just avid songwriters) - but with enough grit and horsemeat, we'll pull it off!
Feel free to add more ideas here, by the way.
I wanna make it a Sherdogger/Shermano's work of art - all of us badasses chiming in to pay homage to some badass of a man.
desktop-wallpaper-ufc-alistair-overeem-things-that-i-like-krav-maga.jpg

hahaha We're very much influenced by both bands (Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin) but I doubt if we're good enough to dabble with odd time signatures at this point. And I'm sure I can't sing at all like Chris. I'm an awful singer and I'm pretty much exclusively baritone. We'll keep the horsemeat and the demolishing in the song probably! haha
Thank you abuelo!
respect, but also you look older than i do brotha! lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back