Social Over $400,000 raised for bullied Australian boy. But is it a scam?

Of course it's a scam. Here's my kid crying, and here's a link to our gofundme. What the hell?

It's possible the kid is actually bullied and hamming it up because the mom is egging him on, but even that is unlikely. I posted in the mayberry thread on this that everyone knows or knew physically disabled kids, either a dwarf or in a wheelchair or something, and those kids are never "bullied", and if they were, the entire teaching staff and most of the kids would stick up for them, punish and ostracized the shitty kids trying to "bully" a disabled kid. Normal kids who are weird or weak get bullied, there is no way a kid with an actual disability is getting unanimously bullied with nobody sticking up for him.

Can’t help but feel the parents filming their kid melting down aren’t very good parents.

Here let me stick a camera in your face and record this emotional breakdown and share it on the internet. That’ll help you.

In today’s day and age parenting is a joke. Celebrities turning their kids transgender. Exploiting your children for fame. There is no too low.
Yeah, basically. I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that the kid's freak out was fake, but I got a very strange vibe watching the video. It sounded to me like she was goading him on. She said something along the lines of "this is why kids kill themselves" before he said anything about suicide iirc.

If there was a shred of genuineness in her intentions in making the video, she would have discretely filmed while trying to comfort him then given her spiel to the camera when he wasn't around. Instead, it very much sounded to me like she was exacerbating the situation and putting ideas in his head.

I also don't find it hard to believe that the kid could be an asshole who plays the victim when he gets it back. We've all seen many people like that.

Last edited:
Just because the kid has money doesn't mean that he can't be a victim of bullying.

Very true. But considering this kid was already kind of well known, it makes it harder for me to buy the story. Plus in this day and age with so many frauds going on, I need to see some actual video of an event happening for me to believe anything. Seems like the world has been duped far too many times in the last few years with bogus stories of bullying and harassment .

Last edited:
As a father the last thing I would do is shove a fucking camera in my daughters face when shes dealing with serious emotional issues. It's disgusting and exploitative

As a father the last thing I would do is shove a fucking camera in my daughters face when shes dealing with serious emotional issues. It's disgusting and exploitative

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that video.

Well since Disney does not cost $400,00 some of the money can go towards private school tuition and therapy bills to help him recover from his suicidal thoughts and get in a better school environment.

and if this turns out to be a scam I am gonna be super pissed as every time I see a post with his sad little face a get a little tearful

His mother had gone out of her way to create a page on a child star website:
http://www.starnow.com.au/quadenbayles/

I looked at his instagram through the waybackmachine. There's a video of him flashing like 400$ in Aussie money and being obnoxious, a picture of him in Gucci clothes, a lot of "photoshoot"-esque pics. Seems that the mother could be a attention-whore sociopath, she's been trying to use him for fame for a very long time - since he was 4, at least.

Of course it's a scam. Here's my kid crying, and here's a link to our gofundme. What the hell?

It's possible the kid is actually bullied and hamming it up because the mom is egging him on, but even that is unlikely. I posted in the mayberry thread on this that everyone knows or knew physically disabled kids, either a dwarf or in a wheelchair or something, and those kids are never "bullied", and if they were, the entire teaching staff and most of the kids would stick up for them, punish and ostracized the shitty kids trying to "bully" a disabled kid. Normal kids who are weird or weak get bullied, there is no way a kid with an actual disability is getting unanimously bullied with nobody sticking up for him.
That's my take on it as well. The only disabled kid I ever knew that got any sort of picked on was a complete dick. He'd intentionally bump into people and roll over their feet with his wheelchair. Nobody was nice to him, but that's because he acted like a spoiled, entitled little fuck all of the time. Whenever people were mean to him, he'd play the victim and ham it up. I imagine that something similar may be what's going on with this kid who takes obnoxious pictures with money. Mom is there to cash the check.

The mum has gone out her way on tv to say shit about the people in my country being racist so i have no time for her. She's a liar!

if true, huge if australia seized all his donation money

giphy.gif

is this the 90s kid from the computer gif all grown up?

i went to middle and high school in the early 00's and no one was mean to the disabled kids. everyone goes out of their way to be nice to them. this sounds like a hoax

Read that story and the comment section was filled with people saying the kid comes from money.

Still, Tyrion was always a character you sympathized for.

Also, I feel Australia always felt they had the claim to the gayest looking currency until Canada said "hold my maple syrup..I'll show you"
I’m Canadian and this made me lmfao

I think the situation happened, but i think he is being exploited by his mother.

This is not the first go fund me type scam we have seen.

The fact that celebs/comedians have co-signed the video and set up their own donations has given the situation some authenticity.

I have a feeling more is going to come out about the boys parents as time progresses.

Back