Out of these boxers (Tournament) - Who's the 2 best? (The Finals)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
I went Sugar Ray Robinson and Roy Jones Jr.

So how do you judge Harry Greb? By reading resumes on boxrec for hours?

Two things: 1. I was not criticizing TS because of his polls. Just to clear any potential misconceptions on that.

2. If you are an actual aficionado, and not some casual, then there are plenty of interviews and firsthand accounts about him. Plenty of objective texts. Should we ignore ancient Greek philosophy and the contributions of their great thinkers to western thought because we've never heard the sound of their voice, or the cadence to their teachings? By deeply immersing yourself in the sport, and not obsessing about 1 fighter by going through boxrec and reading resumes (which speaks to how ONE should not go about driving away ignorance, don't go and do that defjaam, that's just plain dumb). But by reading the stuff, tons of it, because it's truly interesting...well then you learn more about 1 fighter as a byproduct of knowing so much more about an area of interest. You learn about context and you are more informed about everything.

A lot of losers will skim boxrec or wiki and think they "get" something better.

Two things: 1. I was not criticizing TS because of his polls. Just to clear any potential misconceptions on that.

2. If you are an actual aficionado, and not some casual, then there are plenty of interviews and firsthand accounts about him. Plenty of objective texts. Should we ignore ancient Greek philosophy and the contributions of their great thinkers to western thought because we've never heard the sound of their voice, or the cadence to their teachings? By deeply immersing yourself in the sport, and not obsessing about 1 fighter by going through boxrec and reading resumes (which speaks to how ONE should not go about driving away ignorance, don't go and do that defjaam, that's just plain dumb). But by reading the stuff, tons of it, because it's truly interesting...well then you learn more about 1 fighter as a byproduct of knowing so much more about an area of interest. You learn about context and you are more informed about everything.

A lot of losers will skim boxrec or wiki and think they "get" something better.

That's a useless cross comparison. Philosophy is literature, and literature you read.
Sports you watch... And I don't think I said that they should be ignored.

prime jones embarrasses ali, if we’re being completely honest. no one has ever been farther ahead of their competition than jones.
I’m of the opinion that Ali would have struggled against a prime Roy. Ali had a hard time with guys that had a mean left hook. So head to head I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Roy edges out Ali. But that wouldn’t make him a greater fighter than Ali.

SRR and Duran for me. If I had a third vote it’d go to RJ, his peak was insane.

I’m of the opinion that Ali would have struggled against a prime Roy. Ali had a hard time with guys that had a mean left hook. So head to head I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Roy edges out Ali. But that wouldn’t make him a greater fighter than Ali.
he definitely doesn’t have a resumé that can stand against ali’s. prime-for-prime, i pick roy against damn near anybody.

So the top 5 according to this tournament. Well thus far is. (2 & 3 are very close obviously.)

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Li
3. Roberto Durán
4. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (Tied)
4. Roy Jones Jr. (Tied)

So the top 5 according to this tournament. Well thus far is. (2 & 3 are very close obviously.)

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Muhammad Li
3. Roberto Durán
4. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (Tied)
4. Roy Jones Jr. (Tied)

I got to vote for Robinson and Armstrong in the finals which I would have voted for over anyone else anyway so I'm happy.

Back