• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of these albums - Which are the 3 best? (The Finals)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
I just wanted to look and see what all time best selling albums were still in the polls at this stage of the game. I clicked first link which was Wikipedia, so it may or may not be 100% accurate, but close enough. For this bracket they are as follows.

Michael Jackson (Thriller) 51 million certified copies (70 claimed)
AC/DC (Back in Black) 30 million certified copies (50 claimed)
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon) 25 million certified copies (45 claimed)
Fleetwood Mac (Rumours) 30 million certified copies (40 claimed)
Guns N' Roses (Appetite for Destruction) 23 million certified copies (30 claimed)
Pink Floyd (The Wall) 19 million certified copies (30 claimed)

6 of the 11 poll choices are Top 10 or Top 20ish all time in sales. Note that if you look at 10 different sites you will likely see 10 different sets of numbers. Here is a link to what I grabbed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums

I just wanted to look and see what all time best selling albums were still in the polls at this stage of the game. I clicked first link which was Wikipedia, so it may or may not be 100% accurate, but close enough. For this bracket they are as follows.

Michael Jackson (Thriller) 51 million certified copies (70 claimed)
AC/DC (Back in Black) 30 million certified copies (50 claimed)
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon) 25 million certified copies (45 claimed)
Fleetwood Mac (Rumours) 30 million certified copies (40 claimed)
Guns N' Roses (Appetite for Destruction) 23 million certified copies (30 claimed)
Pink Floyd (The Wall) 19 million certified copies (30 claimed)

6 of the 11 poll choices are Top 10 or Top 20ish all time in sales. Note that if you look at 10 different sites you will likely see 10 different sets of numbers. Here is a link to what I grabbed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums

Thank you for sharing that, that's very interesting.

Pink Floyd - 'The Wall' / Nirvana - 'Nevermind' / AC/DC - 'Back in Black'

acdc-brian-johnson.gif

No album was the best as a whole. A greatest hits album would finish well. Same with zeppelin.
Some Beatles albums are chock full of big hits. But whatever, pretty tough to decide between a bunch of these.[/QUOTE]
Thinking about it a Metallica greatest hits album would be very very hard to top. Maybe tool could come close. The black album with a handful of other songs swapped in would’ve made me very happy back when we had cd clubs

So after all this looking like Thriller lol. Not complaining I voted for it myself, Thriller is the GSP of albums. But if it came down to Thriller or Purple Rain I choose PR easy.

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

Thriller was a tough cut. But it doesn't seem to need my vote anyway...

Back