Other than retirement, I currently have over 50% of my assets in Cash........

.....but I'm too worried about a market crash to put a lot of it into stocks right now. I just feel there has to be a correction in the next 6 months.

So what should I do other than lose money getting .05% in a stupid savings account. I'm looking for relatively safe at this point until the stock market dips and I can get back in.

It depends, where do you live? Canada, USA? The laws are different.

Put: it into a Bond. Possibly ETF. If in Canada lock it into a GSA. Buy bullion.

Avoid: individual stocks, bitcoin.

Use your cash assets to buy a house in Southern California.

Oh believe me I agree with the sentiment. To me they're just wood, brick and mortar. However my sentiment doesn't determine their value. I don't see how with population growth and inflation real estate in major cities would lose it's value. People will always need a roof over their heads. But who knows. Times are fucked.

The value of real estate is driven largely by it's proximity to good paying jobs and scarcity. Cities are expensive because jobs are plentiful and land is scarce.

However, COVID has rapidly accelerated the trend towards remote work which will decrease the demand for homes in or near major cities. Lots of tech workers are moving out of SF, LA, Seattle etc. because they can now still work there without having to live there.

Microsoft just announced that they aren't going to require it's workforce to return to the office EVER. Do you really think crappy homes near Microsoft HQ which cost 1-2 million dollars now will stay that expensive?

Personally I'd invest in waterfront property in low-value markets, those will be the sort of places that will go up in value.

.....but I'm too worried about a market crash to put a lot of it into stocks right now. I just feel there has to be a correction in the next 6 months.

So what should I do other than lose money getting .05% in a stupid savings account. I'm looking for relatively safe at this point until the stock market dips and I can get back in.
Buy gold.

Do you believe I bought in 2007 and I'm still underwater?

Wow, I bought in 2007 also---lost half of my equity by 2010, but it bounced back. When I sold in 2018 when I sold I nearly doubled my original 2007 purchase price.

It's gonna be awesome!

Leon...

tenor.gif

his wins are definitely aging poorly

his wins are definitely aging poorly

Leon's? Not to me. I really actually like Leon and think he is a great fighter, I just think Khamzat is a bad match up and insanely talented. Though I watched an Interview with Leon and he seems confident which I love and I hope he won't get mauled in no time like Khamzat's other victims.

Standard theory is about 20-30% in growth if your time horizon is 3 years, growth being shares, property alternatives, gold.

30-40% for 5 years.
40-50% 7 years etc.

I'm cautiously putting money in for clients and myself.

Defensive investments shouldn't just be cash.

Interested to know the general consensus about Bitcoin. I have given a little bit of thought to purchasing some, but I don't know much about it. Any tips?
Probably over valued in the current market. Certainly, a favourite of the dark web and always bought because it is like the US dollar, tradeable and fairly stable in it's value, even for a crypto. So, it has uses, if nothing more than an entry point to trade to other currencies on the cross markets.

But currently bought by people who really don't know the fundamentals of crypto.

Monero has surpassed it for security, so i see some growth in that until another coin takes over. It is probably the favoured coin for dark markets at the moment, which will always be an important underpinning of value.

Buy Rolex if you can.

unlikely to lose money, if you can access any hot models from the authorised dealer you will make immediate bank.

Was thinking about buy gold, but still a generic idea, need to take time to inform myself on pro/cons and ask some wiser friends if ia good move or not

Good time to buy a house. Interest rates are ridiculously low right now.

It's actually the absolute worst time to buy a house in my market. The low interest rate has created a large surplus of buyers. Home prices are ridiculously inflated and we are probably looking at a bubble. Most people buying will be upside down for a few years. Interest rates will be higher as well hurting their ability to refi. It's not looking good.

Leon's? Not to me. I really actually like Leon and think he is a great fighter, I just think Khamzat is a bad match up and insanely talented. Though I watched an Interview with Leon and he seems confident which I love and I hope he won't get mauled in no time like Khamzat's other victims.

No Khamzat’s. Phillips and McKee proceeded to get beaten up pretty badly their next two fights.

No Khamzat’s. Phillips and McKee proceeded to get beaten up pretty badly their next two fights.

That's what tends to happen when your soul gets stolen. I'm not too worried about it.

That's what tends to happen when your soul gets stolen. I'm not too worried about it.
I’ll be rooting for him as well. If he beats Edwards, especially in the same way as the others, he could be a superstar.

Keep all your money under your mattress and PM me your address. I'll check on it every day to make sure it's still there for you.

Back