Other than retirement, I currently have over 50% of my assets in Cash........

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
.....but I'm too worried about a market crash to put a lot of it into stocks right now. I just feel there has to be a correction in the next 6 months.

So what should I do other than lose money getting .05% in a stupid savings account. I'm looking for relatively safe at this point until the stock market dips and I can get back in.

Is real estate an option right now for you? Do you rent or own? Of course that depends on the market where you live.

I’m being very conservative right now, but that’s because I am retiring in about 5 months and I’m not risking any capital. I want to buy my retirement house clean off and be mortgage free, so I’m pretty risk adverse right now. I don’t mind missing out on bigger returns if it means retiring mortgage-free.

It's been shown that dollar cost averaging is better than trying to time the market.

Every month I'm saving more than investing right now though.

Edit: well it also depends on your investment strategy and experience too

Last edited:
You sure put a lot of thoughts for your $70 in cash savings!

For real though, I would hedge by investing some in gold and silver ETF. Don't get tied down to one stock, and set a limit price for selling so you don't get too greedy. If you are more sophisticated, you could play the option game, just remember to not go naked in that option game

You'd think stocks would go to shit in wrecked world economy, but mine are up a ton and not that far from all time highs.

If I had converted everything to cash in anticipation of coronavirus economic damage, I would have missed out on a lot of upside.

Stocks will eventually crash but then they'll go back up, as long as you dont sell you wont lose in the long term. Also get a little bitcoin as a hedge

Interested to know the general consensus about Bitcoin. I have given a little bit of thought to purchasing some, but I don't know much about it. Any tips?

Governments are printing a shit ton of money right now, which will eventually translate to currency losing value and thus your cash savings losing value. It's not safe to just sit on currency, either.

Sit on it and sleep soundly at night. Fear of missing out on market gains is how people get wiped out. Seen it countless times before; someone cashes out of the market because he doesn't like where various key indicators are headed, then sees all his buddies still fully invested and making mad gains. He then jumps back in shortly before the market tops out and gets wiped out clean when it crashes.

I'm going to say the same thing I said half a year ago - I'll trade this shit out of this market and pocket some gains, but I sure as fuck ain't investing. And if you don't know the difference between trading and investing, you might as well set your money on fire.

70s Mustang mkiv Supra R34 or NsX. Might as well enjoy your wealth while keeping it a easily flippable desirable assest.

Precious minerals stocks are safe.

Back