Other than MM do you see any other flyweights being a threat to Cejudo?

LLD2008

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Do you see any other flyweights being able to take the belt of Cejudo in the future? I guess you could make a case for Benavidez but I feel Henry beat him even though he lost a close split descion, and would probably beat Benavidez if they rematched.

Henry's easily more beatable that DJ, it's a good thing imo long championship reigns bore me

Suddenly Joe B is a somebody again

Suddenly Joe B is a somebody again

Benavidez is one of my favorite fighters, and I don't see him winning vs Cejudo now.
Cejudo became much more accurate with his strikes - he will connect more than in their previous fight.
And in their previous fight, the only reason Benavidez one is because of a Cejudo groin shot (unintentional). Otherwise it would've been majority win for him, instead of split loss.

Benavidez beat him not too long ago, so he's AT LEAST a threat to him, although I would pick Cejudo in a rematch

Benavidez is one of my favorite fighters, and I don't see him winning vs Cejudo now.
Cejudo became much more accurate with his strikes - he will connect more than in their previous fight.
And in their previous fight, the only reason Benavidez one is because of a Cejudo groin shot (unintentional). Otherwise it would've been majority win for him, instead of split loss.
Wasn't it due to multiple groin strikes? I thought he was warned then it happened again. Yes, he would have won without the point deduction. It's a bit of a shit show now. Pettis just beat Benevidez but Henry just beat Sergio recently so that fight would be a hard sell now too. If DJ is out injured for a while there isn't really a good contender at 125 right now.

Wasn't it due to multiple groin strikes? I thought he was warned then it happened again. Yes, he would have won without the point deduction. It's a bit of a shit show now. Pettis just beat Benevidez but Henry just beat Sergio recently so that fight would be a hard sell now too. If DJ is out injured for a while there isn't really a good contender at 125 right now.

That was two groin strikes and I honestly believe it happened because of Henry's recklessness.

Cejudo has great raw power - I do believe that one day he will one punch/kick KO somebody. But his striking is still not polished enough and he misses his targets here and there.

Yes, many of them.

Maybe even John Moraga who's climbing back up the ranks.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter because MM beats him in a rematch.

If not, Dodson probably bodies him.

I really want Kyoji Horiguchi back in the UFC. He's amazing.

Call me crazy, but I would like to see Elliott and his crazy scrambles take on Cejudo.

Kyoji and Jussier Formiga are the only guys that could be competitive with Henry or DJ

Those are the top 4 FLWs in the world

Alex Perez looked amazing on the prelims Saturday. Very interesting upcoming fighter.

I really want Kyoji Horiguchi back in the UFC. He's amazing.

He has a shot, but Cejudo is as good of a wrestler as there is in the sport, and one would assume he'll get smothered. Regardless, a top 3 of Johnson, Cejudo, Horiguchi is suddenly maybe the most daunting top 3 in the sport.

He has a shot, but Cejudo is as good of a wrestler as there is in the sport, and one would assume he'll get smothered.
It's possible, but Kyoji has a ton of strengths too that make him a danger. I would favor him over Dodson, Benavidez, and a few others mentioned here.

Kyoji and Jussier Formiga are the only guys that could be competitive with Henry or DJ

And they won't be competitive vs Cejudo.
Formiga will not imply his grappling game and will be picked apart standing.
Horiguchi will not be able to resist Cejudo's takedowns.

BTW I don't think Formiga is still top 4.

Formiga is like the Rodney Dangerfield (RIP) of FLW:

tenor.gif

He was #1 in the world before UFC had FLW, got beat by McCall, and has been on the cusp of a shot at DJ ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back