Other than MM do you see any other flyweights being a threat to Cejudo?

I'm not even sure he's a draw in Japan...Rizin doesn't put just him in the cards, they're always filled with all sorts of celebrities.
Plus, when was the last time Japan had a UFC PPV? No PPV potential - no money.

Bagautinov 100% stays in FNG, their CEO guaranteed that.
Horiguchi is Rizin's main headliner and his star is continually growing. UFC can definitely get use out of him.

UFC's attendance rate in Japan at the Saitama Super Arena keeps shrinking.

2012 - 21,000 (Edgar vs. Henderson)
2013 - 14,682 (Silva vs. Stann)
2014 - 12,395 (Hunt vs. Nelson)
2015 - 10,137 (Barnett vs. Nelson)
2017 - 8,571 (Saint Preux vs. Okami)

Meanwhile Horiguchi headlining in the same venue draws around 15-18,000 people. I'm not saying he'd get UFC those same numbers, but he'd definitely help in bumping them up closer.

And FNG may go out of business soon. We'll see.

Last edited:
Horiguchi is Rizin's main headliner and his star is continually growing. UFC can definitely get use out of him.

UFC's attendance rate in Japan at the Saitama Super Arena.

2012 - 21,000 (Edgar vs. Henderson)
2013 - 14,682 (Silva vs. Stann)
2014 - 12,395 (Hunt vs. Nelson)
2015 - 10,137 (Barnett vs. Nelson)
2017 - 8,571 (Saint Preux vs. Okami)

So the numbers keep shrinking and shrinking, meanwhile Horiguchi headlining in the same arena draws around 15-18,000 people. So he can definitely be an asset to help UFC bump their numbers up.

Attendance doesn't mean much to UFC these days. What's important for them is views.
They won't reject Horiguchi, but they won't increase his salary (and I don't believe he got more than 50K while being in the UFC) for the Japan events attendance, which happens once a year anyway.

And in Rizin - I don't really believe people come to see Horiguchi.
They have their own attractions in each card he headlines - Gabi Garcia freakshow fights, King Reina, RENA, Tenshin.

And FNG may go out of business soon. We'll see.

Yeah, they are in a process of reducing their operations and roster.
They released a lot of fighters, but already announced a bunch of fighters they keep by all costs. Bagautinov is one of them

They just spent over $150,000 to bring back Okami for the same reason I'm suggesting.

??? Really? That much?! For Okami? Last fight he got 35K to show.

Where does $150K number come from? His Japan event? They don't release salaries of events outside of US

BTW Japanese crowd doesn't care at all about Okami.

??? Really? That much?! For Okami? Last fight he got 35K to show.

Where does $150K number come from? His Japan event? They don't release salaries of events outside of US

BTW Japanese crowd doesn't care at all about Okami.
Yeah I actually deleted my post just before you responded. Japan doesn't release their numbers and that was inaccurate.

Still if UFC is willing to bring back Okami to headline a Japan show, I can see them doing the same for Horiguchi.

Yeah I actually deleted my post just before you responded. Japan doesn't release their numbers and that was inaccurate.

Still if UFC is willing to bring back Okami to headline a Japan show, I can see them doing the same for Horiguchi.

They brought him as a replacement for injured Shogun...probably because he was in Japan and could make 205.

But one thing I can agree with you on - Horiguchi>>>Okami for the UFC. And Japan. And the world LOL

They brought him as a replacement for injured Shogun...probably because he was in Japan and could make 205.

But one thing I can agree with you on - Horiguchi>>>Okami for the UFC. And Japan. And the world LOL
That's what I hope anyway. He's more liked than Okami and also has the possibility of co-maining PPVs (where as Okami's time is through).

He has potential value for sure, and regardless of the valid points you've brought up I hope UFC capitalizes on that.

Uncle Creepy 2.0...get back in here.

Uncle Creepy 2.0...get back in here.
Speaking of Horiguchi, McCall lasted 9 seconds...

giphy.gif

Back