Other than MM do you see any other flyweights being a threat to Cejudo?

It's possible, but Kyoji has a ton of strengths too that make him a danger. I would favor him over Dodson, Benavidez, and a few others mentioned here.

I likely would, as well, but I still struggle to see him beating Johnson or Cejudo unless he's massively improved his takedown defense. Cejudo is a massive FlyW who has adapted his world level wrestling to MMA. That's a really tough fighter to beat.

That division freaking sucks. Perfect time to merge 125 and 135 at 130 and book TJ vs Cejudo for the championship.

Call me crazy but Sergio might do better if he could bone up on his wrestling, a heavy weakness in both Pettis bros.
I think Benevidez could do well, then again I think his time at the top may be coming to an end.
Dark horse? I think Dustin Ortiz has been looking good lately, but could use another win or two before being considered for a TS

I just heard that John Dodson and John Lineker are both dropping back down to FLYWEIGHT

I likely would, as well, but I still struggle to see him beating Johnson or Cejudo unless he's massively improved his takedown defense. Cejudo is a massive FlyW who has adapted his world level wrestling to MMA. That's a really tough fighter to beat.
I'd say Kyoji's improved his overall takedown game greatly. I'm aware Cejudo would be tough regardless (he's the champ), but I'm just saying he's got skills to be a serious danger. Definitely championship material.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I just heard that John Dodson and John Lineker are both dropping back down to FLYWEIGHT

Hard to see either of them winning, unless Dodson can land a bomb. Lineker is too easy to grapple for him to be a threat. This is assuming either man comes down.

Depending how long DJ is out for, Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga is the likely next title eliminator.

Formiga is probably the tougher fight for Cejudo.

I'd say Kyoji's improved his overall takedown game greatly. I'm aware Cejudo would be tough regardless (he's the champ), but I'm just saying he's got skills to be a serious danger. Definitely championship material.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oh, yeah. I'm not saying that Horiguchi isn't a massive threat, I'm saying that maybe the most credentialed guy to ever enter MMA who has clearly now attuned his wrestling creds with MMA might be something serious to deal with. Having said that, it's clear Horiguchi is a nightmare at 125 for anyone not named Johnson or Cejudo. The lad needs to come back, and we might see a crazy competitive division develop out of this.

The lad needs to come back, and we might see a crazy competitive division develop out of this.
\

But he won't come back, because UFC will not pay for him

Bring Dodson back or Sergio Pettis could be a choice.

\

Part of his reason he left was so that he could be with his master, who passed away just 2 weeks ago. It might be time for him to return.

\

No, I get it. They'll likely offer him something good after a bit, though. He's clearly an asset to the company now.

The lad needs to come back, and we might see a crazy competitive division develop out of this.
The division is already more competitive just because DJ lost.

In fact even if DJ were to become champion again, the division would still seem more competitive cause now we know he's beatable.

Formiga is another guy with a great ground game who's developed his striking greatly. You see his last fight? There's lots of challenges and always has been imo.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The division is already more competitive just because DJ lost.

In fact even if DJ were to become champion again, the division would still seem more competitive cause now we know he's always been beatable.

Formiga is another guy with a great ground game who's developed his striking greatly. You see his last fight? There's lots of challenges and always has been imo.

giphy.gif

It's likely in for a thrust of quality similar to BW. I think Johnson likely ends up back on top of it, though. Cejudo is a special fighter, but he barely won and Johnson left some stones unturned. It's gotten more interesting and we'll see.

No, I get it. They'll likely offer him something good after a bit, though. He's clearly an asset to the company now.

He will be an asset to them only if he can prove that he can draw crowd. And not just in Japan.
They won't even look at his winning record. They don't care

He will be an asset to them only if he can prove that he can draw crowd. And not just in Japan.
They won't even look at his winning record. They don't care
They'll probably go back to Japan in 2019 and that would be the moment.

IMO, immediate title fight would be fine.

Let's get Ali Bagautinov back too, now that Russia's a thing.

giphy.gif

They'll probably go back to Japan in 2019 and that would be the moment.

IMO, immediate title fight would be fine.

I'm not even sure he's a draw in Japan...Rizin doesn't put just him in the cards, they're always filled with all sorts of celebrities.
Plus, when was the last time Japan had a UFC PPV? No PPV potential - no money.
Let's get Ali Bagautinov back too, now that Russia's a thing.

giphy.gif

Bagautinov 100% stays in FNG, their CEO guaranteed that.

You’ll have to KO or TKO him.

He’s a very good fighter, but beatable

Back