Other subs from the back besides RNC?

Rumina Sato performed a Flying Reverse Triangle, its on Fight Finder if anyone wants to have a look

The Bas Rutten Exorcist Neck Crank, Facelocks, Full Nelson.

I think the body triangle works only if you're on top while having the back, and the oponent is stuck between you and the ground.

Aesopian said:
The twister isn't hard to setup for the back. I was just training with a guy who did it a lot by putting one hook really deep, then taking the other one out and getting the reverse lockdown on the leg and going from there. Eddie's shows how too in his book.

yes i know this position very well. But technically you are going from the back to the "truck" position and then pulling off the twister... one you sink in the lockdown on the far leg - its not really the back anymore. you can also move from the truck position to the back very easily as well.

Exorcist Neck Crank:
From the back, cross your legs around the other guy's leg (like the reverse lockdown FutureBxer explained), and then crossface him and twist his head to the opposite side.
It's a little like the twister, but simpler.

Can you explain the calf slicer and banana split ?

Calf slicer - like this except imagine him cranking this guy's leg instead of his arm.

tech6j.jpg

Banana split - one leg in lockdown or truck or whatever, the other you've got wrapped in your arms. Splittage ensues.

Though I could be mistaken on both counts...

face crank. pull harder than holy hell on their face wih your forearm if you cant get the RNC.

toetagga said:
Calf slicer - like this except imagine him cranking this guy's leg instead of his arm.

tech6j.jpg

Banana split - one leg in lockdown or truck or whatever, the other you've got wrapped in your arms. Splittage ensues.

We did banana splits in wrestling practice, those hurt A LOT.

GeeGee said:
We did banana splits in wrestling practice, those hurt A LOT.

yeah they do. but they dont work if the guy is reaaallly flexible in his legs .

I tried to get Joe Rogan in a banana split last night but I couldnt... I found out its cuz he can do the splits. guys like that you wont get w/ that submission.

tudor_bjj said:
BWAHAHAHAHA! Eddie's big fan doesn't know you can do "Back to the Twister"!!! And he trains at 10th Planet! Maybe, you guys, should buy a book named: "JJ Unleashed"...
:D :D :D

LOL hahahahahahahahaha tudor you got him there

There's that spine lock too, where you figure four his mid section, bear hug him around his folded arms and arch back.

toetagga said:

explain ?

and wat do u mean by 'lockdown' and 'truck'?

Ok: you're on the back, you wrap both your legs around one of his in a figure-4 configuration (in half guard this is called the lockdown, and when secured from the back I assume - from FutureBxer's post above - that it is called the truck position). You then grab the lower part of his other leg with your hands and roll on to your back, hugging the leg to your chest.

With each of his legs being pulled in opposite directions by your upper and lower body, he better be flexible enough to do the splits or else he'll have to suffer the hell of groin strain.

That's my inexpert explanation. There may be intricacies of the hold I'm not familiar with. Like where the banana comes in, for example.

Back