Other subs from the back besides RNC?

Full body crucifix lock. I did that one last night after by RNC got countered. Also a neck wrench, like someone had already mentioned. There's a number of holds from the back, though. Armbar, keylock, and body triangle to name a few others.

if the guy on bottom rolls to his right, I see a broken neck in the future.

DirectDrive said:
armbar from the back is about the highest percentage move from the back IMO. actually that's really salo riberios oppinion but i found it to be true.

We just learned that one Tuesday night in class.

Saulo is a big fan of choke/armbar combinations, no? I love his choke/armbar move from S-mount.

DirectDrive said:
armbar from the back is about the highest percentage move from the back IMO. actually that's really salo riberios oppinion but i found it to be true.

I agree. Great technique.

I've never seen a kimura/keylock from the back mount. Does it work ?

It does, but you have to get their wrist under your armpit, then you clamp your hands at their elbow and crank.

oh ok. But how would you get his wrist under your armpit in the first place..?

If you can only get one hook in go for the armbar on the side with the hook.

Hmm i would triangle his head and roll him over into a bottom mount sitting triangle choke.Or body scissor him that works well.I can crush shit with my legs like goddamn joe stetcher

Anybody see something like this working if you get the guy in turtle? I've seen a few variations of this.

What are some other subs once you've got the back?

Right now all I can think of is the RNC and Clock Choke.

The big 4 are the RNC, bow & arrow choke, Ezekiel choke, and straight armlock. The RNC and bow & arrow being the most common of those 4. You can't develop a solid back game without developing your rear naked and bow & arrow chokes. You should focus your time on these 4 if you are new to submissions from the back.

This is the best DVD set I've seen on taking, controlling, and finishing from the back.

Ryan Hall - Back Attacks - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructional DVD

The big 4 are the RNC, bow & arrow choke, Ezekiel choke, and straight armlock. The RNC and bow & arrow being the most common of those 4. You can't develop a solid back game without developing your rear naked and bow & arrow chokes. You should focus your time on these 4 if you are new to submissions from the back.

This is the best DVD set I've seen on taking, controlling, and finishing from the back.

Ryan Hall - Back Attacks - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructional DVD

dude this thread is from 2006 :p

Back