Other subs from the back besides RNC?

Cardio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are some other subs once you've got the back?

Right now all I can think of is the RNC and Clock Choke.

back eziekiel, kata hajime, rear sissor choke, calf slicer, step over armbar/kimura, reverse triangle, body triangle, wristlock and indian burn.

And the clock choke is from turtle position, its not a clock choke if you do it from the back because you cant walk around your opponent.

Whoa, indian burn. I remember tapping to that shit back in like second grade. That is old school right there.

But yeah, the back chokes are what you should go for the vast majority of the time. However, you can attack every limb with just about anything if you get creative.

What's a "indian burn"?

And people tap from Body Triangles from behind?

Is it the same as INDIAN ROPE BURN! I thought that when you are on their back and they're turtling, you've still got the back. I meant with or without hooks. I also heard of something called a blood choke.

Cardio said:
Is it the same as INDIAN ROPE BURN! I thought that when you are on their back and they're turtling, you've still got the back. I meant with or without hooks. I also heard of something called a blood choke.

Without hooks, you aren't going to secure much if anything if you are on their back.

A blood choke is any properly applied choke in BJJ. They are designed to cutoff blood flow to and from the brain, not to choke the trachea.

b0b, your av man, what's wrong with you? LOL

Armbar from the back is good. Rear triangle or crucifix are other options.

armbar from the back. very high percentage for me... even tapped a purple belt w/ it he other day.

Sudoraba said:
the twister

?? unless ur talking about the old wrestlign setup... how would u get that from the back? you must mean the truck position... but that aint the back.

can go for a cross arm lock (jujigatame), straight shoulderlock, roll into a bicep slicer, a variety of gi chokes, strikes, bodylock, RNC, reversed arm triangle (tricky)

FutureBxer said:
armbar from the back. very high percentage for me... even tapped a purple belt w/ it he other day.

armbar from the back is about the highest percentage move from the back IMO. actually that's really salo riberios oppinion but i found it to be true.

What's that dragon sleeper type choke? You hook your arm around his neck so that your tricep is touching his chin putting him in a kind of reverse facelock, then clasp your hands together behind your back. There's a video out there of some Norwegian guy demonstrating it... You would have to surrender the back to fully execute this sub tho.

::edit::
got it...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6474994978373628095&q=submission

Anyone have a clip of the triangle from the back? I believe I'm doing it wrong and I can't find anything good to reference too.

Can you host that file somewhere else? I can't get playback from germany...

FutureBxer said:
?? unless ur talking about the old wrestlign setup... how would u get that from the back? you must mean the truck position... but that aint the back.
The twister isn't hard to setup for the back. I was just training with a guy who did it a lot by putting one hook really deep, then taking the other one out and getting the reverse lockdown on the leg and going from there. Eddie's shows how too in his book.

Tony Fryklund (sp?) and Ivan Salaverry was a match that ended in tap from body lock, wasn't it?

Here's the gist of it...

chokesub8br.jpg

Anyone got a name for this sub?

FutureBxer said:
BWAHAHAHAHA! Eddie's big fan doesn't know you can do "Back to the Twister"!!! And he trains at 10th Planet! Maybe, you guys, should buy a book named: "JJ Unleashed"...
:D :D :D

toetagga said:
Here's the gist of it...

chokesub8br.jpg

Anyone got a name for this sub?

yeah, inneffective if he has any kind of neck muscles or the intelligence to tuck in while turtling like he should be doing anyways. thats just asking for a kimura.

Back